• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Once again showing his feelings for veterans

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Proving what a lowlife he is.

Amid tributes to Colin Powell, Donald Trump disparages former secretary of state

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media," Trump said in a statement. "Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO [Republican in Name Only], if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
From what I saw of his comments, he was 100% correct. Did he say something derogatory about his time in uniform? All I saw was that he blasted him as a Pol (RINO) and a bureaucrat (neocon).

But look on the bright side - it likely made his chances of getting the nom in 2024 ~ 0%.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Colin Powell was a monster. He deserves any opprobrium thrown his way.
In your opinion. Not in mine. His big mistake was in backing Bush's push for war. I think he was the victim in that. The Bush admin lined up to present faux evidence of WMD. Powell trashed much of their crap, but did buy the part about a nuclear program and bio/chemical weapons. Much of it provided by Chalabi.

He should have resigned, rather than being the good soldier. He'd have been president in 2004.