• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Only 9 Republicans oppose Bannon’s flouting of the House subpoena

Bugsy McGurk

President
Every other House Republican decided to fluff Trump and support Bannon’s defiance of the subpoena. The subpoena issued by the very House to which they belong. Their support for Trump lawlessness knows no bounds. And their enabling is why Trump and his cronies feel free be lawless.

Deplorable!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
More evidence that a super-majority of Republicans have NO REGARD for the Rule of Law or preserving the powers of Congress to conduct oversight.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Every other House Republican decided to fluff Trump and support Bannon’s defiance of the subpoena. The subpoena issued by the very House to which they belong. Their support for Trump lawlessness knows no bounds. And their enabling is why Trump and his cronies feel free be lawless.

Deplorable!

So the path we are going down is that congress may as well give up on the idea that they have oversight over the executive branch...and from now on Presidential appointees will simply refuse to appear.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So the path we are going down is that congress may as well give up on the idea that they have oversight over the executive branch...and from now on Presidential appointees will simply refuse to appear.
Well, the House Republicans do oppose oversight of other Republicans, but they love to engage in “oversight” of Democrats. Nine Benghazi investigations, for example.

But you’re right - Trump and his GOP enablers are creating a climate of complete lawlessness in numerous respects. Across the board, not just with congressional oversight.

We are watching the destruction of the country in slow motion. Liz Cheney pled with her GOP colleagues to step back from the brink, but I just don’t think they will. They can’t overcome their fear of Trump. The nation is on life support.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well, the House Republicans do oppose oversight of other Republicans, but they love to engage in “oversight” of Democrats. Nine Benghazi investigations, for example.

But you’re right - Trump and his GOP enablers are creating a climate of complete lawlessness in numerous respects. Across the board, not just with congressional oversight.

We are watching the destruction of the country in slow motion. Liz Cheney pled with her GOP colleagues to step back from the brink, but I just don’t think they will. They can’t overcome their fear of Trump. The nation is on life support.
Hmmm, no right wingers here to defend the trumpublicans? Bannon is a POS and will look good in prison garb.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

Deplorable!

How much did you pay the nine?

I guess Liz Cheney was free.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
How much did you pay the nine?

I guess Liz Cheney was free.
Really? That is your defense of the pos who thinks he should be able to claim executive privileged to avoid testifying when he wasn't even an employee of the federal government and hadn't been for years?

So instead of offering any logical reason to support someone ignoring a legal process to protect Trump...you claim republicans were bribed.

Probably more likely that the republicans who voted against were promised cash from Trump.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Really? That is your defense of the pos who thinks he should be able to claim executive privileged to avoid testifying when he wasn't even an employee of the federal government and hadn't been for years?

So instead of offering any logical reason to support someone ignoring a legal process to protect Trump...you claim republicans were bribed.

Probably more likely that the republicans who voted against were promised cash from Trump.
I am not defending anything. Don't have to either. The House vote wasn't based on any real evidence. It's a witch hunt.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I am not defending anything. Don't have to either. The House vote wasn't based on any real evidence. It's a witch hunt.
what vote are you referring to? I'm talking about the one related to finding Bannon in contempt.

Last edited: