• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Over 2 Weeks W/O a Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting closer to the election, nobody wants to miss out on the fun.
I thought that it was in the American DNA to break the rules ;)

I have been, well I still am, reading a book on the history of Prohibition in America, said to be the definitive book on said history. Oddly it was written by an Englishman; Kenneth Allsop, and probably for a British audience. He was on the TV a lot when I was young - an interesting and good man, none of them left on the TV now!
It is worth a read though - for you who loves your history - The Bootleggers by the above mentioned.

Last edited:
I thought that it was in the American DNA to break the rules ;)

I have been, well I still am, reading a book on the history of Prohibition in America, said to be the definitive book on said history. Oddly it was written by an Englishman; Kenneth Allsop, and probably for a British audience. He was on the TV a lot when I was young - an interesting and good man, none of them left on the TV now!
It is worth a read though - for you who loves your history - The Bootleggers by the above mentioned.
'Cor - they were extraordinary, those Bootleggers of yours. What a story --- all at once they are terrifying, endearing and admirable. We all know of Al Capone, his friends and enemies and all of the assassinations, the corruption and so on but I have never read their actual story before. just bits and pieces and films, of course - extraordinary time in your history.
I am glad I have nearly finished the book though - it is a little unnerving :)

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
'Cor - they were extraordinary, those Bootleggers of yours. What a story --- all at once they are terrifying, endearing and admirable. We all know of Al Capone, his friends and enemies and all of the assassinations, the corruption and so on but I have never read their actual story before. just bits and pieces and films, of course - extraordinary time in your history.
I hope he doesn't forget the Kennedy clan of bootleggers. ;)

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Americans are so accustomed to being free that we intensely hate that which is unfair, oppressive, tyrannical and illegal.
That is why we kicked the British out of our country in our war of independence, and defeated them again in the War of 1812.
That is also why we fought a war to force the Democrats to free their slaves and start acting like human beings.
That is why we fought two European wars against genocidal outlaw countries.
And that is why we are going to stop the insanity of the Democrats and their fevered drive to take away our constitutional liberties.

Americans are so accustomed to being free that we intensely hate that which is unfair, oppressive, tyrannical and illegal.
That is why we kicked the British out of our country in our war of independence, and defeated them again in the War of 1812.
That is also why we fought a war to force the Democrats to free their slaves and start acting like human beings.
That is why we fought two European wars against genocidal outlaw countries.
And that is why we are going to stop the insanity of the Democrats and their fevered drive to take away our constitutional liberties.
Well, yes the Bootleggers where only giving the public what they wanted after puritans imposed oppressive and unwanted laws on society - as for the rest of your post, darling, nothing is so cut and dried and it is dangerous to think that it is for without introspection and criticism we all end up making the same mistakes, over and over again, without understanding why.
As for what the Democrats are up to - yup I agree and that same blind destruction is happening in Europe to but I don't see it as our own politicians calling the shots but the rich, beyond the worth of all govs in the world put together, Foundations and Charities ' just like the Bootleggers of the '20s' ruling over the whole planet with no good intentions at all - unlike the Bootleggers, who only wanted riches these bastards want the power to destroy us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.