• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

PA's Transgender Health Secretary snaps...

I don’t feel qualified to argue with the experts who agree with you that it is. But you do feel qualified to argue with the experts who agree with me on the proper response. Why is that?
I'm just spit ballin' here so bear with me here.

Because this is a discussion forum and it is opinion that motivates responses?

I don’t feel qualified to argue with the experts who agree with you that it is. But you do feel qualified to argue with the experts who agree with me on the proper response. Why is that?
I think you're trying to be compassionate and that intention is admirable but in the end flawed. Most gender identity issues with kids apparently clears up by 18. Hormone blocking policies thus sound like child abuse. There is also a growing number of transgendered who regret their choice (of all ages) and there are the ones committing suicide even after achieving their surgeries. Talk therapy is the real solution needed for the larger percentage of those suffering this mental illness.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
I think you're trying to be compassionate and that intention is admirable but in the end flawed. Most gender identity issues with kids apparently clears up by 18. Hormone blocking policies thus sound like child abuse. There is also a growing number of transgendered who regret their choice (of all ages) and there are the ones committing suicide even after achieving their surgeries. Talk therapy is the real solution needed for the larger percentage of those suffering this mental illness.

The WORST are these parents- with kids that are 6-8-10 thinking their kids should choose these things.

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
Because there are no real experts. Only people who try to make excuses.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
A trans woman is not a “guy in drag.” The respectful honorific is “ma’am.”

No matter what you call it...It thinks and acts based on having a man's brain. The outside is a facade but the reality is what is on the inside. You should let this go showing your lack of experience with the issue.

EatTheRich

President
So, experts think if you believe something- you should do it ?
Like cut off parts of your body ?

Maybe question things a bit more.
People get cosmetic surgery all the time. For some reason it is only controversial if it is to allow trans people to become better adjusted.

EatTheRich

President

No matter what you call it...It thinks and acts based on having a man's brain. The outside is a facade but the reality is what is on the inside. You should let this go showing your lack of experience with the issue.
It has been proved that the brains of trans women are more like those of cis women than like those of cis men.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I’m not, but I do have a little sibling who is non-binary and who is being disrespected by comments invalidating their identity.
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you do.

And I identify as a tree. So every time you dont address me as Mighty Oak, I am offended.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
So you say that gender dysphoria is a mental illness, but invalidate the opinions of people who study mental illnesses?
You know who else calls it a 'mental illness'? The American Psychiatric Association...

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) provides for one overarching diagnosis of gender dysphoria with separate specific criteria for children and for adolescents and adults.

I predict you will now try to argue that a'illness' is not the same thing as a 'disorder'. And......go!

EatTheRich

President
P
You know who else calls it a 'mental illness'? The American Psychiatric Association...

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) provides for one overarching diagnosis of gender dysphoria with separate specific criteria for children and for adolescents and adults.

I predict you will now try to argue that a'illness' is not the same thing as a 'disorder'. And......go!
I already said I wasn’t qualified to argue with the psychiatrists who say it is a mental illness, AND that it can be successfully treated by letting people transition.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
P

I already said I wasn’t qualified to argue with the psychiatrists who say it is a mental illness, AND that it can be successfully treated by letting people transition.
So, if someone identifies as a goat, they should be allowed to be treated by surgery to look like a goat?