• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Pay at the top

Council Member
everyone says it's great for these CEO's and top officers to get such great packages because the companies have done so well. But who took it in the short for these people to earn so much? Workers and the customers who either lost jobs, wages or benefits along with customers being overcharged for products.
It's been open season on America's middle class at the same time it's been Christmas at the top 365 days a year.

Yep they make the company profitable by screwing everyone who works for them and everyone who buys their products. Don't you think that if they are able to provide many millions in benefits to their top exc's they might want to provide a little to their workers also?

Why their just employee's?

Lukey

Senator
everyone says it's great for these CEO's and top officers to get such great packages because the companies have done so well. But who took it in the short for these people to earn so much? Workers and the customers who either lost jobs, wages or benefits along with customers being overcharged for products.
It's been open season on America's middle class at the same time it's been Christmas at the top 365 days a year.

Yep they make the company profitable by screwing everyone who works for them and everyone who buys their products. Don't you think that if they are able to provide many millions in benefits to their top exc's they might want to provide a little to their workers also?

So the CEO's are forcing people to buy the cheap Walmart product from China rather than the more expensive domestic brand?

worldlymrb

Revenge
If that CEO made his company profitable, that means the workers get to keep their jobs and the corp can afford to PAY the soaring health premiums brought upon by OsamaCare.

UPNYA2

Mayor

Day after day we are all exposed to your presentation of what, "in general", constitutes "too much", is "not fair", when it comes to those evil "top people".

Perhaps it is time for you to present us with what, just "in general", is ok, acceptable, for these evil "top people" to make, whatta ya say, skippy, wanna give THAT a go?

How about you tell us what not ONLY the evil "top" people should be making, but also what you feel the poor abused workers should be making as well.

To compare and contrast I mean.....

I for one would be tickled hitless to see whatever it is that we could fight for that would free us from your constant pissin' and moanin', know what I mean?

Council Member
found this article on the Net from a DR.

I never hear people ever questioning the fundamental assumption that the rich earn their money. If you watch Under cover boss you will see numerous stories about ceo's that build a corporation from the bottom up and when going under cover they are unable to perform even one of the required jobs. Yes, they did invest and probably organize the corporation but the real worth of their corporation is the service they provide which is done by their workers. How much should a CEO earn. 2 times their workers wages, 10 times, 100 times. This question should be raised? I am a doctor, their are doctors like neurosurgeons who train for 17 years to acquire their skills, they also work odious hours to be available for neurological trauma which is not a rare occurence. I have no problem with them earning 400K a year due to the tremendous sacrifice they have made to provide this service. How many corporate CEO's can come close to this type of work and sacrifice? Also many rich do no work at all but live off dividends which they may have inherited. Also someone like Steve Jobs who was obviously a brillant guy - how much of his earnings come from the public investment in creating the internet through the defense department. I do not object that truly great individuals like Steve earn a great living but how much is too much. Also do corporations have any obligation to the workers who have allowed them to acquire great wealth. Should they be able to just summarily fire their employees and move over seas when the very wealth they are using to move and re-establish elsewhere came on the backs of their former employees? This is really a matter of morality, fairness and decency. Think about it? Love you all, Doc Lyn

worldlymrb

Revenge
to quote one of Obama's mentors...

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs. Karl Marx.

Day after day we are all exposed to your presentation of what, "in general", constitutes "too much", is "not fair", when it comes to those evil "top people".

Perhaps it is time for you to present us with what, just "in general", is ok, acceptable, for these evil "top people" to make, whatta ya say, skippy, wanna give THAT a go?

How about you tell us what not ONLY the evil "top" people should be making, but also what you feel the poor abused workers should be making as well.

To compare and contrast I mean.....

I for one would be tickled hitless to see whatever it is that we could fight for that would free us from your constant pissin' and moanin', know what I mean?

D

Doc

At least those [Unwelcome language removed] provide a service....meanwhile, the American Aristocracit and Attorney ELITES hoard over us, above the very rules that THEY set...all while demanding more and more resources from the "commoners...."

At least those EEEVIL CEO's give us something in return, except for higher costs, a broken INjustice system, and arrogant rules, that THEY should nor be forced to live by.....

Lukey

Senator
found this article on the Net from a DR.

I never hear people ever questioning the fundamental assumption that the rich earn their money. If you watch Under cover boss you will see numerous stories about ceo's that build a corporation from the bottom up and when going under cover they are unable to perform even one of the required jobs. Yes, they did invest and probably organize the corporation but the real worth of their corporation is the service they provide which is done by their workers. How much should a CEO earn. 2 times their workers wages, 10 times, 100 times. This question should be raised? I am a doctor, their are doctors like neurosurgeons who train for 17 years to acquire their skills, they also work odious hours to be available for neurological trauma which is not a rare occurence. I have no problem with them earning 400K a year due to the tremendous sacrifice they have made to provide this service. How many corporate CEO's can come close to this type of work and sacrifice? Also many rich do no work at all but live off dividends which they may have inherited. Also someone like Steve Jobs who was obviously a brillant guy - how much of his earnings come from the public investment in creating the internet through the defense department. I do not object that truly great individuals like Steve earn a great living but how much is too much. Also do corporations have any obligation to the workers who have allowed them to acquire great wealth. Should they be able to just summarily fire their employees and move over seas when the very wealth they are using to move and re-establish elsewhere came on the backs of their former employees? This is really a matter of morality, fairness and decency. Think about it? Love you all, Doc Lyn
So is he suggesting Steve Jobs (and Apple, Inc.) (and all the stockholders in Apple) (oh, and the employees of Apple) haven't already repaid his (and the company's) (and the Apple stockholders') (and the employees') debt to society for the defense department's investment in the Internet? Or the roads the products were delivered on? Or the schools the employees attended? We're talking probably trillions of $ in tax receipts to the US government from all those taxes! When the "ef" is enough EVER going to be enough for you leftists???

Council Member
I think I have done that on many occasions, when top CEO pay was 40/50 times what their workers were paid! Not 400/500 times as it is often now being done.

The problem is these people are making their money because they take advantage of the people who built the companies that provided them with money to ship their gobs overseas as a way to bump up the bottom line which turns their pay package in a windfall.
Then we have people like you that stick up for them, as they take their windfalls and invest that money to make more and be taxes at a much lower rate than the people who still have jobs have to pay.

Oh by the way I am tired of your constantly standing up for those people who are rapping the country in order to get what is best for them at the demise of the rest of us.

worldlymrb

Revenge
to ship their gobs overseas as a way to bump up the bottom line
Maybe govt should stop adding to the cost of doing businesses in America and giving large global U.S corporations a motive shipping their production to more business friendly countries like Communist China?

Lukey

Senator
Maybe govt should stop adding to the cost of doing businesses in America and giving large global corporations a motive shipping their production to more business friendly countries like Communist China?
Excellent! Star for you Mr. B!

Council Member
So is he suggesting Steve Jobs (and Apple, Inc.) (and all the stockholders in Apple) (oh, and the employees of Apple) haven't already repaid his (and the company's) (and the Apple stockholders') (and the employees') debt to society for the defense department's investment in the Internet? Or the roads the products were delivered on? Or the schools the employees attended? We're talking probably trillions of $ in tax receipts to the US government from all those taxes! When the "ef" is enough EVER going to be enough for you leftists???
so who do you think should be paying the cost, the workers who put 40 hrs a week in and are told you don't have an interest in the company's success, so why should you benefit from their success. And who do you think is paying those taxes, the people buying the products or the person selling them? Whatever a company pays does not come from them, remember what you guys say, that the cost are passed onto the customers.

You guys want it both ways don't you. Your so smart and earn so much but when it comes to taxes your not responsible.

What people are saying is if your lucky enough to live in a country that provides you with a way to get filthy rich you shouldn't be complaining about paying a fair share of what you make in taxes, what the hell it's just added onto the cost of product anyway.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think the rate of a CEO should be? (10x empl earnings? 20x?)

pretend its your company..where you, like the neurosurgeon referenced elsewhere in this thread...sacrificed 17 years of labor..effort..time...your kids eating beans and wearing handmedowns..etc etc..you mortgage your house, 2, no three times over..

whats the going rate?

Council Member
Maybe govt should stop adding to the cost of doing businesses in America and giving large global U.S corporations a motive shipping their production to more business friendly countries like Communist China?
Maybe people should show their patriotic heart by trying to make America a better place for their countrymen and keep their companies here vs sending them to countries that allow slave wages and no benefits to their workers and then send the product back to America for the same price they were charging. The hell with America, were all about what's in it for us, a republican motto.

Lukey

Senator
so who do you think should be paying the cost, the workers who put 40 hrs a week in and are told you don't have an interest in the company's success, so why should you benefit from their success. And who do you think is paying those taxes, the people buying the products or the person selling them? Whatever a company pays does not come from them, remember what you guys say, that the cost are passed onto the customers.

You guys want it both ways don't you. Your so smart and earn so much but when it comes to taxes your not responsible.

What people are saying is if your lucky enough to live in a country that provides you with a way to get filthy rich you shouldn't be complaining about paying a fair share of what you make in taxes, what the hell it's just added onto the cost of product anyway.
That's just my point - they already ARE! And you're right - all those taxes just serve to increase incentives to move production (and sales) overseas. Unfortunately, the poor dry cleaner or fast food joint owner can't do that so he just pays his people less or hires fewer folks or doesn't expand (and both cause our economy to stagnate). When will you leftists ever get it through your thick skulls that all this big government and the associated tax costs are killing our economy? We need to come together to come up with ways to lessen this burden, not to figure who we stick with the (ever growing) bill. We're done playing THAT game.

Lukey

Senator
Maybe people should show their patriotic heart by trying to make America a better place for their countrymen and keep their companies here vs sending them to countries that allow slave wages and no benefits to their workers and then send the product back to America for the same price they were charging. The hell with America, were all about what's in it for us, a republican motto.
Then join with us to find ways to shrink government!!!

Council Member
What do you think the rate of a CEO should be? (10x empl earnings? 20x?)

pretend its your company..where you, like the neurosurgeon referenced elsewhere in this thread...sacrificed 17 years of labor..effort..time...your kids eating beans and wearing handmedowns..etc etc..you mortgage your house, 2, no three times over..

whats the going rate?
Well If it's your company then I am sure you can pay yourself whatever you want or can afford too.. But what we are talking about are corp's that have stock and are owned by the public.

I would bet that if you looked at most private companies, they do not scalp their employees to get more, that they do things because they need to for the security of the company, not just to up a bottom line in order to get the stock prices up to make your allotment of low price stock to make you rich.

UPNYA2

Mayor
to quote one of Obama's mentors...

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs. Karl Marx.

My point exactly.

My problem is with people like 'ol 8 here who believe that way but are too ashamed to come out and just tell us who, and what, everyone can see that they ARE......

Council Member
Right I can go for that guys, we should look for ways to make the govt more effective, get rid of things we don't need. But here is the problem I find, most everything that has become law or was instituted by agency heads was because people were cutting corners or just out and out doing bad things.

What I hear form your side of the street is things need to change, without any idea of why it came to be or what the noutcome of not having it in place would do. It's all about getting rid of things.

The next thing is why didn't you do this when bush was in office, oh that's right you did and look at what happened.

I don't know what the answer is, but it surely isn't just lowering taxes that mainly go to the rich and slicing regulation for the sake of making it easier to function, and not knowing if that function is going to be good fore the population.

What regulations do you want to get rid of.