• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Pelosi = 2-bit political hack

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
That's just silly. All Pelosi did was question Carson's qualifications. I do too...to run HUD.

But...if all I need do is explain why Pelosi is qualified to be a rep...that's child's play.

So...Pelosi is a representative...and her district has reelected her in the 75% range her entire career. Hell...she doesn't even campaign.

As to her qualifications to be a Rep? OK. She grew up in a Baltimore political household and worked the streets for her Mayor father. She has a B.A. in political science and interned for a Maryland Senator, alongside Steny Hoyer.

Her husband is from San Francisco, so they moved there...and she became active, first in state, then in national party politics...and her brother in law served on the SF Board of Supervisors. She has been involved in politics her entire life and raised a family as well. I can't fault her qualifications to be a representative...and I don't think you can either.

That's history...and if you ask if I think the Dems should have kept her in leadership...I say no.

Now...sell me on why Ben Carson is qualified to run the Housing and Urban Development Agency...tasked with the following mission:

HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination, and transform the way HUD does business.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/about/mission
Carson understands what the Liberal elitists refuse to accept. That is that Liberal policies have done very little to improve the lives of those who depend on them the most. America's poorest continue a slavish devotion to the elite class (Democrat Party) who keep promising more and more but never deliver on their promises.

Carson believes that the Liberal elite subconsciously believe that some people are not capable of helping themselves and they are not humble enough to listen to criticism that makes that charge. Welfare that demands nothing of a person except continued loyalty to the Party, rather than creating Improvements in terms of upward mobility, has resulted in deteriorating family structure, increases in violent crime, growing poverty and growing dependence on government.

Carson says that the reason Jewish, Korean and Vietnam communities, etc. have been able to thrive in The United States is that they have learned how to turn over the dollar in their own community, three or four times before sending it out into the larger community. Therefore, creation of an atmosphere that is more conducive for
creating locally owned and managed business in black neighborhoods is good first step towards neighborhood stability. Patronizing of their neighborhood business allows the business owners to thrive and creates more jobs and creates investment opportunities.

The welfare system itself has destroyed black families by virtually paying women to have babies out of wedlock and it lowers their benefits if the father lives in the home with them. Welfare in general discourages initiative and creates sloth.
Carson wants to provide a safety net for the truly needy, and in conjunction with the Trump jobs initiative, give people the opportunity to have good paying jobs (unlike the rhetoric we hear every election cycle-the election is over so now they can get to work and actually do it). Then they can end the dependence on government assistance as a career path.

First, however, they have to stop them from killing each other in places like Chicago. Put them to work and they'll stop. Give a man a job that pays enough to support his family and he won't need to be a slave to the government.

Ben Carson is the smartest man in the Trump organization. It's not an easy task he's taken on; but it's one for which he is imminently capable of doing.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Carson understands what the Liberal elitists refuse to accept. That is that Liberal policies have done very little to improve the lives of those who depend on them the most. America's poorest continue a slavish devotion to the elite class (Democrat Party) who keep promising more and more but never deliver on their promises.

Carson believes that the Liberal elite subconsciously believe that some people are not capable of helping themselves and they are not humble enough to listen to criticism that makes that charge. Welfare that demands nothing of a person except continued loyalty to the Party, rather than creating Improvements in terms of upward mobility, has resulted in deteriorating family structure, increases in violent crime, growing poverty and growing dependence on government.

Carson says that the reason Jewish, Korean and Vietnam communities, etc. have been able to thrive in The United States is that they have learned how to turn over the dollar in their own community, three or four times before sending it out into the larger community. Therefore, creation of an atmosphere that is more conducive for
creating locally owned and managed business in black neighborhoods is good first step towards neighborhood stability. Patronizing of their neighborhood business allows the business owners to thrive and creates more jobs and creates investment opportunities.

The welfare system itself has destroyed black families by virtually paying women to have babies out of wedlock and it lowers their benefits if the father lives in the home with them. Welfare in general discourages initiative and creates sloth.
Carson wants to provide a safety net for the truly needy, and in conjunction with the Trump jobs initiative, give people the opportunity to have good paying jobs (unlike the rhetoric we hear every election cycle-the election is over so now they can get to work and actually do it). Then they can end the dependence on government assistance as a career path.

First, however, they have to stop them from killing each other in places like Chicago. Put them to work and they'll stop. Give a man a job that pays enough to support his family and he won't need to be a slave to the government.

Ben Carson is the smartest man in the Trump organization. It's not an easy task he's taken on; but it's one for which he is imminently capable of doing.
Thanks for the essay.

I can't say I really saw a litany of qualifications to run HUD, but instead, a few standard, right wing ideas and the standard screed about how horrible liberals are. Ho hum.

So...the solution is..."put them to work"...and Dr. Carson will implement that solution. Interesting.

Review the mission of HUD...

HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination, and transform the way HUD does business

Now...this is the mission of HHS. Health and Human Services...

It is the mission of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) to enhance and protect the health and well-being of all Americans. We fulfill that mission by providing for effective health and human services and fostering advances in medicine, public health, and social services.

To me, the arguments you make are more supportive of Carson heading up HHS.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Thanks for the essay.

I can't say I really saw a litany of qualifications to run HUD, but instead, a few standard, right wing ideas and the standard screed about how horrible liberals are. Ho hum.

So...the solution is..."put them to work"...and Dr. Carson will implement that solution. Interesting.

Review the mission of HUD...

HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination, and transform the way HUD does business

Now...this is the mission of HHS. Health and Human Services...

It is the mission of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) to enhance and protect the health and well-being of all Americans. We fulfill that mission by providing for effective health and human services and fostering advances in medicine, public health, and social services.

To me, the arguments you make are more supportive of Carson heading up HHS.
The thing is he saw these problems years ago. I couldn't copy the whole book here, but he has lots of solutions to the problems. In the confines of the Trump administration, I believe he will have the latitude to make necessary corrections and take necessary actions to start alleviating the problems.
If the Democrats know what is needed to fix the problems with the black community, they sure haven't shared it with anyone. They've been content, it seems, to throw money at it and make promises at election time but they've never actually done anything that has worked. Trump and Carson have pledged to do something positive. I'll trust them until I see a reason not to trust them.

LeilaniMP

Empress
Sheriff David Clarke hammers Pelosi's racist attack of Ben Carson.
It's time for Democrats who utter pejoratives at Conservative Black people for leaving the Democrat Plantation to just shut up.
LINK

View image on Twitter

Follow
David A. Clarke, Jr. @SheriffClarke

Dr. Ben Carson is a neurosurgeon. Nancy Pelosi is a two-bit political hack. Who is she to stand in judgement of Dr. Carson's qualifications?

2:19 PM - 5 Dec 2016
She's a delusional, senile, old drunk.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You could not choose a better life experience than what Ben Carson lived to bring insight and vision into HUD. Nancy Pelosi is just another politician playing politics... I would ignore whatever she said, who cares? It's just Nancy Pelosi.
she's a nut
nutty