• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

PNWest gives props to the moderators

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
As by far and away the most impartial and bipartisan poster here or anywhere else on the internet and a man who is known for ALWAYS telling it like it is I would like to take this opportunity to give some serious respect to the moderators for their actions over the last month or so for their judicious use of temporary bans to posters who clearly deserve them. Although not perfect (they had a particularity bad day on April 3rd) they've done a pretty fair job in imparitally and bipartisanly issuing bans to posters on the left and the right as deserved.

Obviously they've allowed more leniency to right wing posters but over all they've done a better job than even I, PNWest expected.

PNWest thanks you.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
As by far and away the most impartial and bipartisan poster here or anywhere else on the internet and a man who is known for ALWAYS telling it like it is I would like to take this opportunity to give some serious respect to the moderators for their actions over the last month or so for their judicious use of temporary bans to posters who clearly deserve them. Although not perfect (they had a particularity bad day on April 3rd) they've done a pretty fair job in imparitally and bipartisanly issuing bans to posters on the left and the right as deserved.

Obviously they've allowed more leniency to right wing posters but over all they've done a better job than even I, PNWest expected.

PNWest thanks you.
Wipe your nose off.

Mick

The Right is always right

PNWest thanks you.
And this post right here is a smoking gun. If PnWest, with his far left bias and trolling efforts, is supporting the moderation it means the moderation has skewed left.

That's analogous to receiving praise from Jeffrey Dahmer for your eating habits. Just sayin'.......

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member

PNWest thanks you.
Ok, lets try it THIS way...shame to wast the space, but whatever...my comments in RED below...

As by far and away the most impartial and bipartisan poster here or anywhere else on the internet and a man who is known for ALWAYS telling it like it is.....
I almost choked when I read this nonsense...

I would like to take this opportunity to give some serious respect to the moderators for their actions over the last month or so for their judicious use of temporary bans to posters who clearly deserve them. Although not perfect (they had a particularity bad day on April 3rd) they've done a pretty fair job in imparitally and bipartisanly issuing bans to posters on the left and the right as deserved.

...way to backhand those 'compliments'.....

everybody happy now?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, lets try it THIS way...shame to wast the space, but whatever...my comments in RED below...

As by far and away the most impartial and bipartisan poster here or anywhere else on the internet and a man who is known for ALWAYS telling it like it is.....

I would like to take this opportunity to give some serious respect to the moderators for their actions over the last month or so for their judicious use of temporary bans to posters who clearly deserve them. Although not perfect (they had a particularity bad day on April 3rd) they've done a pretty fair job in imparitally and bipartisanly issuing bans to posters on the left and the right as deserved.

everybody happy now?
anybody looking at the banned list can see plainly it does NOT favor the right.

love, PhilFish..truth in practice

Hi ho Phil FIsh....awaaaaaay......

PNWest

everybody happy now?

As I pointed out in my response to @bdtex

There are a lot of jealous people out there that resent my greatness. It is my cross to bear.....
You've just given everyone a perfect example.

Mick

anybody looking at the banned list can see plainly it does NOT favor the right.

love, PhilFish..truth in practice

Hi ho Phil FIsh....awaaaaaay......
Phil, since you brought up the banned list and to be fair to all on the board, I counted the number of sanctions given for various individual violations. I counted 62 separate bans of various lengths given on that thread. 47 of those were to right or at least right-leaning posters. Heck, if you removed my 3 that number would still 44-15. I would estimate that the number of posters and the sheer post counts are nearly 50-50. No left winger has received a ban in nearly 3 weeks. Clearly this is what PNWest was crowing about. He saw it like we all have.

Sometimes biases exist and we aren't even cognizant of them or conscience of them but they influence our actions. Anecdotally, I see a lot of flaming, trolling, personal attacks, group attacks, thread derailment daily by many left wing posters. I won't call out specifics on this thread but we all see them.

Just sayin' again.....

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Phil, since you brought up the banned list and to be fair to all on the board, I counted the number of sanctions given for various individual violations. I counted 62 separate bans of various lengths given on that thread. 47 of those were to right or at least right-leaning posters. Heck, if you removed my 3 that number would still 44-15. I would estimate that the number of posters and the sheer post counts are nearly 50-50. No left winger has received a ban in nearly 3 weeks. Clearly this is what PNWest was crowing about. He saw it like we all have.

Sometimes biases exist and we aren't even cognizant of them or conscience of them but they influence our actions. Anecdotally, I see a lot of flaming, trolling, personal attacks, group attacks, thread derailment daily by many left wing posters. I won't call out specifics on this thread but we all see them.

Just sayin' again.....
not sure what to tell you. I was addressing his comment that the moderator seem to show more leniency to right-wing posters. Clearly, as evidenced by your count, the right is getting slammed. So by no stretch of the imagination is anybody taking it easy by that measure on the right.. it actually destroys the mean that the left is persecuted here, which some lament from time to time

PNWest

not sure what to tell you. I was addressing his comment that the moderator seem to show more leniency to right-wing posters. Clearly, as evidenced by your count, the right is getting slammed. So by no stretch of the imagination is anybody taking it easy by that measure on the right.. it actually destroys the mean that the left is persecuted here, which some lament from time to time

The moderators have to allow the conservatives to post lies, distortions and half-truths, otherwise there would be no posts at all from the right other than the personal attacks that they commonly throw out against their betters. I do not expect you to ban them for this kind of stuff but I am glad that you've knocked some of the more racist posters. I gave you guys props for your mostly fair and impartial assessments of bans (other than a few mistakes you have made where in you banned the greatest poster here on several occasions).

The fact that most of the bans go out to right wingers is because it is almost always right wingers that deserve them.

Frankly the fact that I as a liberal took the time to give you a nice shout out shows exactly how fair, impartial and bipartisan of a poster I am, something that cannot be said of the self-victimizing posters of the right.

Here's wishing you a fine weekend. Mrs PNWest & I just got back from a 7 mile walk in one of the local parks that doesn't get too much attention but has spectacular mountain views.

Mick

I do enjoy destroying left wing conspiracies. The facts never seem to support them so it's rather easy.

:)

FakeName

Governor

Just sayin' again.....
Do you ever think maybe the lefties here are doing a better job respecting the rules?

A 50-50 split would be totally biased results if the majority of rule violations are coming from one side.

The moderators do a good job. Perhaps a mirror and a healthy dose of personal responsibility are in order.

FakeName

Governor
You guys do a good job.

The reason the right "is getting slammed" is because they are violating the rules more often.

You guys only ban for legit violations. The right is overrepresented because they violate more.

Simple enough.

Mick

Do you ever think maybe the lefties here are doing a better job respecting the rules?

A 50-50 split would be totally biased results if the majority of rule violations are coming from one side.

The moderators do a good job. Perhaps a mirror and a healthy dose of personal responsibility are in order.
First of all, I never said they weren't doing a good job. Don't put words in my mouth. I've had PM conversations with all 3 in the past and respect what they are doing. Phil referred to the ban thread as evidence that things were fair. I just pointed out why that wouldn't the best reference as the numbers from that thread suggest something different. It was that same trend the OP hijacked that motivated this thread's creation.

On the flip side of your accusation that those on the right were breaking the rules more often maybe that would by explained by the left wing snowflakes doing more whining over every little slight. Some of us don't need safe places.

What I do know beyond any doubt is that these guys are in no way favoring anything on the right. That is irrefutable now. Kind of like the dossier being bogus and Russian collusion being a hoax, correct?

FakeName

Governor
First of all, I never said they weren't doing a good job. Don't put words in my mouth. I've had PM conversations with all 3 in the past and respect what they are doing. Phil referred to the ban thread as evidence that things were fair. I just pointed out why that wouldn't the best reference as the numbers from that thread suggest something different. It was that same trend the OP hijacked that motivated this thread's creation.

On the flip side of your accusation that those on the right were breaking the rules more often maybe that would by explained by the left wing snowflakes doing more whining over every little slight. Some of us don't need safe places.

What I do know beyond any doubt is that these guys are in no way favoring anything on the right. That is irrefutable now. Kind of like the dossier being bogus and Russian collusion being a hoax, correct?
No, it's not irrefutable. possible but not irrefutable.

For example. Let's just say, for the sake of argument that 90% of the rule violations came from the right, but the right only got 70% of the bans,that would suggest a right bias in the moderation.

Not saying that is the case. it is just an illustration.

PNWest

For example. Let's just say, for the sake of argument that 90% of the rule violations came from the right, but the right only got 70% of the bans,that would suggest a right bias in the moderation.

What is happening on PJ is that when someone on the left, say the most impartial and bipartisan poster on the internet calls out someone as a racist for posting some typical right wing racist material, that left wing poster may very well receive a ban. A rightie on the other hand can spew crap like calling COVID-19 "Kung Flu", "China Virus" or "Wuhan Virus" which any Asian person will tell you is racist. This BS has led to tons of discrimination against Asian people. Just a few links to prove this point:

It would be nice if the moderators would ban anyone that uses those terms but I do not believe that they will.

If you follow my posts and since you are an intelligent poster I know that you do you may have noticed that out of respect for the many dead because of COVID-19 I have stopped referring to it as the "TrumpVirus". The survivors of these poor souls do not need to be reminded who allowed this to happen through his inaction.

FakeName

Governor
What is happening on PJ is that when someone on the left, say the most impartial and bipartisan poster on the internet calls out someone as a racist for posting some typical right wing racist material, that left wing poster may very well receive a ban. A rightie on the other hand can spew crap like calling COVID-19 "Kung Flu", "China Virus" or "Wuhan Virus" which any Asian person will tell you is racist. This BS has led to tons of discrimination against Asian people. Just a few links to prove this point:

It would be nice if the moderators would ban anyone that uses those terms but I do not believe that they will.

If you follow my posts and since you are an intelligent poster I know that you do you may have noticed that out of respect for the many dead because of COVID-19 I have stopped referring to it as the "TrumpVirus". The survivors of these poor souls do not need to be reminded who allowed this to happen through his inaction.
They do ban for blatant racism. If you look through you see it.

I guess they don't consider the terms you point out blatently racist.

Mick

That's right. Cling to the most outlandish and far-fetched left wing scenarios you can. The numbers, ONCE AGAIN, don't lie. Left wingers lie.