• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Political ads crack me up....

Barbella

Senator
One minute you'll see an ad beating down one candidate, listing his shortcomings and "evil deeds". 30 seconds later, the next ad pops up reviling THAT candidate, often directly contradicting what the prior ad said. It's kind of hilarious in a sad way....

The only thing to take FROM those ads is the obvious fact that the opposing candidate is perceived as a real threat....otherwise, why bother wasting the time and money on attacking someone who doesn't matter?

It's sorta like the stalkers on PJ....the "stalkees" should be flattered at the attention....I know I am.

:-D

Minotaur

Governor
Every election year these non-stop countering Ad's should be played with the theme song from deliverance playing in the background. ;-)

anti.reptile

Council Member
Here is one I see in the near future.

President obama standing at rigged town hall meeting in 2008. His words" if I'm elected president, I will cut the federal deficit in half by the end of my first term". Then superimposed over the scene is a graph showing the 5 trillion dollars he has added. Over and over and over again!

This guy is toast.

Barbella

Senator
LOLOLOL! Does anyone really pay attention to those ads? Or do most people just use them as an opportunity to get a snack?

Minotaur

Governor

President obama standing at rigged town hall meeting in 2008. His words" if I'm elected president, I will cut the federal deficit in half by the end of my first term". Then superimposed over the scene is a graph showing the 5 trillion dollars he has added. Over and over and over again!

This guy is toast.
I always wonder how much Obama could have done with the deficit with that sound mind of his (had the economy stayed up before he took office.) The counter Ad will show the earnest candidate Obama's words and then show the following October as President Bush held an emergency news announcement to the public to announce that in the month's before he leaves office Banks, Lending, Industry and the US economy are failing and then the Ad can show the emergency bailout meeting. People will love remembering reality after 3 years of pretending Obama did it. ;-)

Minotaur

Governor
LOLOLOL! Does anyone really pay attention to those ads? Or do most people just use them as an opportunity to get a snack?
I go for snacks. At some point the urge is to toss the snack at the TV. Do they really have to bombard people?

anti.reptile

Council Member
I always wonder how much Obama could have done with the deficit with that sound mind of his (had the economy stayed up before he took office.) The counter Ad will show the earnest candidate Obama's words and then show the following October as President Bush held an emergency news announcement to the public to announce that in the month's before he leaves office Banks, Lending, Industry and the US economy are failing and then the Ad can show the emergency bailout meeting. People will love remembering reality after 3 years of pretending Obama did it. ;-)
One problem. The average voter cares more about American Idol than day to day politics. We are the exception here. As an experiment I asked co workers, all college educated, who they though would win in Iowa yesterday. The answers ranged from " what's happening in Iowa" to who's running again. With an occasional " Romney , or Paul ". So if you think people are going to blame bush for the sad state we are in under dear leader don't bet too much of your own money.

Minotaur

Governor
One problem. The average voter cares more about American Idol than day to day politics. We are the exception here. As an experiment I asked co workers, all college educated, who they though would win in Iowa yesterday. The answers ranged from " what's happening in Iowa" to who's running again. With an occasional " Romney , or Paul ". So if you think people are going to blame bush for the sad state we are in under dear leader don't bet too much of your own money.
I was seriously pulling your leg but, of course, my ad's better than your ad. Ha ha

If the subject is the massive attack of out TV Ads, we are all scr*wed. The single worse thing we all have in common.

Barbella

Senator
Yeah, but look at it this way: If it weren't for those ads, WHEN would you have time to go potty? LOL

Minotaur

Governor
Yeah, but look at it this way: If it weren't for those ads, WHEN would you have time to go potty? LOL
True! OK lets all be honest - Have you ever debated the Ad after you loaded up with snacks, took the bathroom break and then found the Ad's were still dueling? I have. Kicked whatever politician it was to the curb. It was a thing of beauty! Just me and the Ad, some popcorn and my blazing TV Ad debating skill! LOL

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
political ads and holiday ads, well, suck dust...........Nissan ran their "It's the most wonderful sale of the year" ad to death, while setting at my scroll saw, it was like that damn ad was sang every 3 minutes.........I just hit the remote and find something on the radio that doesn't make me want to cut a finger off.......

but, do remember what 'O' said about the economy in 2008=>:"I will be held accountable, I've got four years, if I don't have this done in three years, then this is going to be a one-term proposition" wondering if 'O' still thinks the same? As well don't forget=>:"If elected President, the first thing I will do is end the war"--"You can take that to the bank" :crazy: :censored: 'O' kool aid........who of the left have held him accountable?

Minotaur

Governor
All while tossing popcorn? LOL

We may end up that way if the Ad's going into November start mounting. TV's flying out the window... LOL

StanH

Council Member
This one's a gem, too:

[video=youtube;CRAMdUNo2Cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRAMdUNo2Cg[/video]

This guy is toast.