• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Political Jack user meeting Wednesday, October 9th - Subject "who do we get rid of" (BRING SOLUTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It’s a public forum. I’m not banned (yet) or suspended, so I will reply to whomever I want to.

Others are trying to have a productive conversation on this thread, so just give up the childish personal attacks. And contribute.
And in pretentiously correct grammar.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
This forum has a lot of toxic posters. You named only some of them.

Why not just disable the ‘report’ function if nobody has time or cares to review it?

At the end of the day, it’s your forum and you make the rules. I’ll respect whatever decisions that are made. I have a job and can’t be here at noon on a Wednesday, so I guess I’ll “get the notes” if I’m still here.
Why don't you have a rule against lying?
Because that is the one issue that starts most of the bullshit.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
I don’t have any rules, I’m just a regular guy here.

Many times, lying is an opinion. Your truth and my truth are likely very different. It’s subjective and I’m sure next to impossible to moderate.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t have any rules, I’m just a regular guy here.

Many times, lying is an opinion. Your truth and my truth are likely very different. It’s subjective and I’m sure next to impossible to moderate.

Not very hard to navigate. In fairness....if some posters elected to debate the difference rather than make shit up...90% of or problems would disappear

voyager

4Q2247365
I can't believe the butt hurt reporting going on. Maybe you should ban the butt hurt. What a bunch of whiners. How many of them have a legitimate beef. How many times a day is one person whining. Compared to where I've been this place is vanilla already.

Last edited:

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Not very hard to navigate. In fairness....if some posters elected to debate the difference rather than make shit up...90% of or problems would disappear
I really think people see the truth differently sometimes. I think snarky responses and not giving up when your point has been beaten are both far bigger problems. But that’s on every single forum on the internet and won’t change. People always think that their side is correct, and that’s on both sides of the aisle. It’s human instinct.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Can't have a rule against lying because truth is subjective. What is truth to one person, is a bald-faced lie to another
There are posters on this forum who believe that Barack Obama was a good man and a good president. Most of us know that is utter bullshit but that is what this country is all about. We all get decide if we love or hate Barack Obama or Donald Trump, and we get to think the ones who believe differently from the way we do, are brain-dead morons.
Like beauty, truth is in the eyes and ears of the beholder.

Last edited:

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Can't have a rule against lying because truth is subjective. What is truth to one person, is a bald-faced lie to another
There are posters on this forum who believe that Barack Obama was a good man and a good president. Most of us know that is utter bullshit but that is what this country is all about, We all get decide if we love or hate Barack Obama or Donald Trump, and we get to think the ones who believe differently from the way we do, are brain-dead morons.
Sure you can, especially if the offender keeps repeating the same old lie.

Can't have a rule against lying because truth is subjective.
Truth is not subjective. There is only one truth.
There are posters on this forum who believe that Barack Obama was a good man and a good president. Most of us know that is utter bullshit but that is what this country is all about. We all get decide if we love or hate Barack Obama or Donald Trump, and we get to think the ones who believe differently from the way we do, are brain-dead morons.
You are conflating opinions with truth/lies.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
And you still don't know who any of us are!
Correct, I don't pay any attention to who is who or what side they are on. Think about it. Grown adults taking "sides" and believing and supporting everything their side tells them too.

Votes should be earned not given.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
A good coach doesn't ask the team who to cut.

Just saying....

If that's the plan for tomorrow it will not go well.

It's raining here today so I have time to post and peruse. It is supposed to rain tomorrow. I'll tune in if available. Should be interesting.
I was asking for solutions to the overwhelming number of reports and number of posts that violate the posting rules. But if you want to vote people off the island, I guess we can discuss that too.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I think the objective here is to make the mods life easier, not harder. If we make the mods the arbiters of truth their moderating responsibilities become infinitely more complicated.
correct. the effort is linear.. vulgarity..y/n personal attack, y/n.. etc,

assessing personal truths..not our purview

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
I was asking for solutions to the overwhelming number of reports and number of posts that violate the posting rules. But if you want to vote people off the island, I guess we can discuss that too.
In his defense, the idea came from one of your mods. We were advised to bring a list of people we want to get rid of. Most of our answers have been nobody, and of course I can’t imagine that would make for a very productive meeting...

Correct, I don't pay any attention to who is who or what side they are on. Think about it. Grown adults taking "sides" and believing and supporting everything their side tells them too.

Votes should be earned not given.
If you don't know us how can you love us and if you don't love us my question is; why do you want to own and control our thoughts?

And ps it is not all about sides.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
If you don't know us how can you love us and if you don't love us my question is; why do you want to own and control our thoughts?

I am trying to keep the board going. Without mods the board doesn't exist and the number of reports and violations is unsustainable.

Correct for you and me it isn't about sides but pretty much everyone else I think it is. For the most part only the fringe far left and far right post here.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

You may recall I posted my travel schedule a couple years ago and offered to meet with anyone near where I was going. One person took me up on it. We had a nice meal and conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.