• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Political Jack user meeting Wednesday, October 9th - Subject "who do we get rid of" (BRING SOLUTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyasman

Senator
I am trying to keep the board going. Without mods the board doesn't exist and the number of reports and violations is unsustainable.

Correct for you and me it isn't about sides but pretty much everyone else I think it is. For the most part only the fringe far left and far right post here.
Plenty of people who are not on the fringes post here, they're just being drowned out by the crazies.

freyasman

Senator
Bunch of others I will probably think of soon. But the loudest and most obnoxious are the crazies.... and those of us too belligerent to let them shout us down.

I was asking for solutions to the overwhelming number of reports and number of posts that violate the posting rules. But if you want to vote people off the island, I guess we can discuss that too.
How in the world would you extrapolate that from I posted?

"A good coach doesn't ask the team who to cut"

I was making the point that asking the forum members whom to ban would be a BAD idea.

Damn...... Read much?

Bear Claw

President
Why kick anybody off the island?

A simple 5 day ban works!

Get rid of ratings for 3 or 4 months and see what happens.

This island game is low class here!

But I will play!

I vote to remove nobody as it is a popularity vote otherwise. IMO

Zam-Zam

Senator
Being a mod has to be a thankless task. This board is fortunate to have two very good ones, and they should be appreciated for what they do. I personally am grateful to them.

One of the rules of life is that 10% of the people create 90% of the problems. I generally enjoy this forum and have no problems with almost all of the posters. The few that I don't particularly care for (only two at present) I avoid - I never read their stuff, and therefore never reply to it. That resolves my issue, although it obviously won't for those tasked with policing the board.

I support the notion of incremental bans for serious violations, and if someone is simply unwilling to abide by the rules, at some point perhaps it is best to set them free.

My two cents.

I am trying to keep the board going. Without mods the board doesn't exist and the number of reports and violations is unsustainable.

Correct for you and me it isn't about sides but pretty much everyone else I think it is. For the most part only the fringe far left and far right post here.
You really got a way with words.

A month or so ago you said only insane people read Trump tweets. I don't belong to any social sites so I don't read Trump tweets as he posts them. But I see them posted here and other places and I will read them when I do. According to you that makes me less than sane.

Today you say only far left and right "fringe" people post here.

It's clear to me you don't think much of the people who pay your bills by supporting your site. I find both of your characterizations of me to be offensive.

You may think hardworking people like me are insane fringe dwellers. But if I were you I'd keep my down the nose opinions to myself.

Not real smart on your part. JMO. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Barbella

Senator
The number of reports and violations that a handful of users generate is so overwhelming that we had to go to 5 day temp bans. I will be in the "Shout Box Chat Room" on Wednesday, October 9th at noon eastern time to discuss.

https://www.politicaljack.com/taigachat/

The next step is permanent bans for repeat offenders.

Our mods who do a great job are being torn down by users talking among themselves. Users are trying to get other users to go to other message boards. And everyone thinks they are the only ones being temp banned when that is completely false.

With over 700 posts a day, the mods are like police officers, they can't see an act on everything. If you do the crime, it may get reported, and it may get acted upon. If you do the crime, don't whine to your "side" that so and so did the same thing and didn't get banned because you don't know that to be true, its actually just you whining because you got caught.

The mods were busy today and didn't get to PJ. When they did, there were 17 reports!!! That is RIDICULOUS. And its the same offenders over and over and over.

As you can see: NinaS, Dawg, Mick, Bugsy, Ilovejim, Nostra, Reason10, Constitutional Sheepdog, Spamature, Now_What, The Thinker.

If you want to keep these users then they had better start posting without violations.

Lets discuss on Wednesday because I see no other solution than to permaban repeat violators. We just don't have time to moderate this kind of volume of posts.

View attachment 45416
My two cents: only personal threats and posting personal information should be reportable. Calling someone an idiot isn’t, and should be ignored.

If these Mickey-Mouse kindergarten-worthy reports were ignored, they would simply stop coming in.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
You really got a way with words.

A month or so ago you said only insane people read Trump tweets. I don't belong to any social sites so I don't read Trump tweets as he posts them. But I see them posted here and other places and I will read them when I do. According to you that makes less than sane.

Today you say only far left and right "fringe" people post here.

It's clear to me you don't think much of the people who pay your bills by supporting your site. I find both or your characterizations of me to be offensive.

You may think hardworking people like me are insane fringe dwellers. But if I were you I'd keep my down the nose opinions to myself.

Not real smart on your part. JMO. Take it for what it's worth.
I read this twice and don't know what you are trying to say. But thats ok

Zam-Zam

Senator
Being a mod has to be a thankless task. This board is fortunate to have two very good ones, and they should be appreciated for what they do. I personally am grateful to them.

One of the rules of life is that 10% of the people create 90% of the problems. I generally enjoy this forum and have no problems with almost all of the posters. The few that I don't particularly care for (only two at present) I avoid - I never read their stuff, and therefore never reply to it. That resolves my issue, although it obviously won't for those tasked with policing the board.

I support the notion of incremental bans for serious violations, and if someone is simply unwilling to abide by the rules, at some point perhaps it is best to set them free.

My two cents.

A quick Mea Culpa....It appears we have THREE very good mods, not two. Forgive my ignorance.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Not a single right-leaning poster has joined the Chat.
Not a right leaning poster but...
I had to leave b/c my spelling/typing was going bonkers. :p More than usual, anyway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.