• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Politifact Is a Joke

protectionist

Governor
Are you one of those people who have accepted Politifact as a credible judge of people's credibility ? I'm not sure if I am one of those people or not. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in these threads is me using Politifact as a source for something. Well, from a couple of reviews I saw recently it looks bad for Politifact's own credibility.

Politifact is PolitiFALSE. Most recently, they claimed Rubio wasn't weak on immigration by pointing to his Gang of 8 bill having border security measures. How about the AMNESTY in that bill, Politifact ? They also made a false claim about Trump's keep Muslims out policy.

Despite FBI director James Comey saying Syrian refugees can't be vetted, Politifact said Syrian refugees CAN be vetted, and based this on 2 govt agencies that are set to do the supposed vetting ? HUH ???
Hey Politifact, if we get some 3rd grade 8 year olds to manage our nuclear power plants, will you say the nuclear power plants are going to be managed ? Dumb asses. If anybody's pants are on fire, it's Politifact.

Now they're saying they have 75 false statements made by Donald Trump. I wouldn't buy too much stock in that. In the meantime here's a list of Hillary boo boos >>>

UPDATED LINKS to HILLARY CLINTON’S (and Bill’s) LIES!

Let’s Be Friends

White House says Clinton did not heed e-mail policy

Unease at Clinton Foundation Over Finances and Ambitions

Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audit for other errors

Hillary Clinton fired from Judiciary Committee Investigating Watergate

Many Clinton charity donors also got State Department awards under Hillary

Despite Hillary Clinton promise, charity did not disclose donors

For Clinton’s, speech income shows how their wealth is intertwined with charity

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation as Russians Pressed for Control of Uranium Company

The Disastrous Clinton Post-Presidency

Do Hillary’s Fair-Pay Talking Points Apply to Her Own Family?

Clinton Foundation Quietly Revises Mexican Billionaire’s Donation

The Spy Satellite Secrets in Hillary’s Emails

Senate committee seeks email facts from Clinton’s tech company

Hilliary Servers Kept in Bathroom Closet of Loft Apartment

Hillary Clinton’s Computer Company Wasn’t Cleared for Classified Material

The Time Hillary Clinton Networked from a Funeral

Hillary Clinton’s Million Little Lies

Hillary Clinton Violated Law on Classified Material?

Want more ? Try THIS ONE on for size >>> :D

https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/armageddon-how-trump-can-beat-hillary-part-12.94331/

Last edited:

Caroljo

Senator
I don't take much heed in any of the "fact check" websites. Snopes is run by a husband and wife (and their cat) that I understand lean liberal. Actually, you can tell by their site that they are. I don't know much about the others, but what does it matter? They are all run by PEOPLE. They're all going to be biased. I don't believe a liberal "fact check" site would actually tell the truth if it meant demeaning other liberals. Hell...the ones we have here can't even admit when they're wrong.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Careful about any media sources now we must do our own fact checking by actually listening to what the candidates say and not take these media source at their word. everything now is not trustworthy even the conservative ooutlets

protectionist

Governor
Politifact continues to establish themselves as non-credible. Now they've called Donald Trump's claim of Obama being a founder of ISIS, "Pants on Fire"

Well, once again (as so often is the case) it is Politfact's pants that are on fire, as well as airhead commentators in the media. Of course, Obama is one of the founders of ISIS, since he removed the US troops from Iraq in 2011. And NO, ISIS did NOT begin in 2004, with al Zarqawi and the al Qaeda in Iraq group. That was a seperate organization, led by a seprate leader, who died before ISIS began. If we were to go by Politifact's rationale, we could say Mohammed created ISIS in 622 AD.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Politifact continues to establish themselves as non-credible. Now they've called Donald Trump's claim of Obama being a founder of ISIS, "Pants on Fire"

Well, once again (as so often is the case) it is Politfact's pants that are on fire, as well as airhead commentators in the media. Of course, Obama is one of the founders of ISIS, since he removed the US troops from Iraq in 2011. And NO, ISIS did NOT begin in 2004, with al Zarqawi and the al Qaeda in Iraq group. That was a seperate organization, led by a seprate leader, who died before ISIS began. If we were to go by Politifact's rationale, we could say Mohammed created ISIS in 622 AD.
It's not just political facts it's all of them

W

Wolfert Webber

Mohammed did create Islam, which is radical, and does condone ISIS type actions.

El Veto-Voter

No one in power represents me.
Careful about any media sources now we must do our own fact checking by actually listening to what the candidates say and not take these media source at their word. everything now is not trustworthy even the conservative ooutlets
Unfortunately, it is impossible to "factcheck" by listening to what candidates say. What they say is meaningless verbiage, designed to get support from their followers and maybe swing the swing voters.

Both major, and most minor, candidates say what will get them the most mileage with the voters, regardless of real facts. That's politics.

Studying history, philosophy - especially logic, basic math and science, and knowing how the world works, can be a lot better method of vetting candidates than "listening to what they say..."

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, it is impossible to "factcheck" by listening to what candidates say. What they say is meaningless verbiage, designed to get support from their followers and maybe swing the swing voters.

Both major, and most minor, candidates say what will get them the most mileage with the voters, regardless of real facts. That's politics.

Studying history, philosophy - especially logic, basic math and science, and knowing how the world works, can be a lot better method of vetting candidates than "listening to what they say..."
Your method works for you and mine works for me it has for the past 50 years.

protectionist

Governor
Not so much taken out of context as a verbal slip-up on Reagan's part that some of us like to have fun with when right-wingers who idolize Reagan ignore well-established facts that cannot be reconciled with their ideology.
Not a slip up as long as one recognizes what Reagan meant. He meant what we call "facts", is often nothing more than somebody's creation, from molding things to suit them.