• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

President Brandon is a certifiable dipsh*t...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
They are experiencing profits going through the roof. They have cut back on production by turning off pumps. The CEO of Occidental admitted that she'd be impacting profits if they ramped up production.
That is absurd! You think they can actually make more by selling less? You should stick to coding and leave finance to those who understand market economics.

Bugsy McGurk

President
This is what he said:

When asked how long American drivers should expect to deal with high fuel prices, Biden told reporters "as long as it takes, so Russia cannot in fact defeat Ukraine and move beyond Ukraine." He continued, "this is a critical, critical position for the world."

This is reality:

I'm not sure what your point is, but the fact is he is completely (and demonstrably) full of sh*t here.
It’s hard to believe you’re too dense to understand those concepts and how they can co-exist.

Yes, the Ukraine invasion led to the boycott of Russian oil by most nations, which led to higher oil prices in the global oil market. You seem flummoxed by that, unfamiliar with the laws of supply and demand.

And yes, there are countries that still buy their oil from Russia, and the price of that oil is elevated due to the elevated global price of oil, leading to high profits for Russia. If you were a patriotic American you would blame those countries for continuing to buy Russian oil. Instead, you blame Biden. Because you are a disgracefully dishonest GOP hack.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The price of gas dropped 10 cents here. And then I add a 'reward' for filling up at the pump that drops the price another 10-20 cents.

Is that Biden's fault too?
In the Orwellian Banana Republic of Trumplandia, only price increases are attributed to Biden. When prices drop, they just whistle and look away.

;-)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Gas drops a few cent at pump and then blue state adds New tax to bring cost back up, so whom is gouging whom

Raoul_Luke

Two years ago the profit margin refining a barrel of oil was about $2. It is $18 today.

The profits follow years of heavy losses at many facilities after demand plunged during the pandemic. Unpredictable shifts in oil markets had created a challenging business climate before that. Even at this moment of windfall refinery earnings, when the profit margin on each barrel of oil processed has jumped from a dollar or two a year ago to as much as $18 today, investors are hardly jumping at the opportunity to enter the sector. They fear the profits are short lived. The administration’s environmental priorities - as well as rising public and corporate concern about climate change - would make many refineries obsolete in the not-too-distant future.

LOL! You think that argument supports YOUR position here? Is it your position that we should nationalize the oil industry, there, comrade? If not, the oil industry management would be violating their fiduciary duty by lowering profits in the face of the (forced) end of their companies' runs.

Raoul_Luke

And if you could think, even a little, you would know that the effect of the Russian invasion is a constant having no effect on the validity of what I said - oil is a global commodity. You seem to be dopey enough to think that Biden and the US can set prices.

Now get back to mindlessly carping on behalf of your Trump cult - your calling.

;-)

P.S. Try to answer the question you lamely dodged:

Why is the global price of oil Biden’s fault?
That is irrelevant, actually. Yes, the war has pushed up the price of oil somewhat, after relentless upward movement literally since Brandon's first day in office. That's not the point of the thread though. Regardless of why the price of oil is at record highs, do you have an opinion on Brandon's idiocy in thinking somehow us paying $5 a gallon (plus) per gallon is RESTRICTING Putin's ability to "wreck" Ukraine? Because that is complete bullsh*t:

reason10

Governor
They're claiming that Biden is responsible for the global rise in gas prices. That is the limited brain function of a right winger.
Biden is SOLELY responsible for the Americans rise in gas prices. That part has been proven OVER AND OVER again. I'm starting to think that by now a Florida Kindergartener not only could understand that, but might even be qualified to teach high school classes in a blue state.

Find someone with an education to read this to you.

Last edited:

reason10

Governor
And you think someone who believes the Brits had an airforce in 1776 isn't a dipshit?
And if you think that, YOU AIN'T BLACK.

But at least poor kids can be as gifted as white kids.

And you can't go into a convenience store without an interpreter.

Oh, and your FCKING IDIOT of a president actually claimed that the Tuskeegee Airmen were experimented on.

You have ZERO room to point to Trump. You and a bunch of other criminals illegally elected that idiot, and we are ALL suffering.

Bugsy McGurk

President
That is irrelevant, actually. Yes, the war has pushed up the price of oil somewhat, after relentless upward movement literally since Brandon's first day in office. That's not the point of the thread though. Regardless of why the price of oil is at record highs, do you have an opinion on Brandon's idiocy in thinking somehow us paying $5 a gallon (plus) per gallon is RESTRICTING Putin's ability to "wreck" Ukraine? Because that is complete bullsh*t:

Again, if you were a patriotic American you would criticize the countries that are still buying Russian oil. But you’re not so you blame Biden.

Lemme guess - you think the sanctions against Russia should be lifted, right?

Raoul_Luke

It’s hard to believe you’re too dense to understand those concepts and how they can co-exist.

Yes, the Ukraine invasion led to the boycott of Russian oil by most nations, which led to higher oil prices in the global oil market. You seem flummoxed by that, unfamiliar with the laws of supply and demand.

And yes, there are countries that still buy their oil from Russia, and the price of that oil is elevated due to the elevated global price of oil, leading to high profits for Russia. If you were a patriotic American you would blame those countries for continuing to buy Russian oil. Instead, you blame Biden. Because you are a disgracefully dishonest GOP hack.
Yes, I know - the left isn't content subjugating all of us Americans but would prefer to control the acts of all the people of the world.

Not everyone is buying the neocon narrative that Russia had no reason to attack Ukraine in response to our decade of meddling in their affairs. The only winner in that (neocon) agenda is the MIC.

But regardless of right or wrong, do you have a comment on Brandon being so out of touch that he thinks high oil prices are hurting Putin's ability to wage the war in Ukraine? Of course not, you'd rather blather about the other countries' response when that nuance never occurred to President Brandon for an instant.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
And if you think that, YOU AIN'T BLACK.

But at least poor kids can be as gifted as white kids.

And you can't go into a convenience store without an interpreter.

Oh, and your FCKING IDIOT of a president actually claimed that the Tuskeegee Airmen were experimented on.

You have ZERO room to point to Trump. You and a bunch of other criminals illegally elected that idiot, and we are ALL suffering.
Still think Trump won? And you claim Biden is an idiot!

write on

Senator
Biden is SOLELY responsible for the Americans rise in gas prices. That part has been proven OVER AND OVER again. I'm starting to think that by now a Florida Kindergartener not only could understand that, but might even be qualified to teach high school classes in a blue state.

Find someone with an education to read this to your.
I noticed that you neglected to c&p about the rise of global gas prices.

That was just an innocent oversight by you, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

reason10

Governor
I noticed that you neglected to c&p about the rise of global gas prices.

That was just an innocent oversight by you, wasn't it? :rolleyes:
I have attempted to 'splain this many times to you knuckle draggers, but you refuse to understand.

Gas prices overseas are ALWAYS more expensive because they are not being paid for by American dollars. The American dollar is the world's reserve currency. All oil is traded in American dollars. in 1997, gasoline in Amsterdam was around $8 a gallon. (My brother was there and he had to spend a fortune to fill up.
In 1997, the average American gas price was $1.45 at the highest.

This forum is edging closer and closer to Florida kindergarten levels.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yes, I know - the left isn't content subjugating all of us Americans but would prefer to control the acts of all the people of the world.

Not everyone is buying the neocon narrative that Russia had no reason to attack Ukraine in response to our decade of meddling in their affairs. The only winner in that (neocon) agenda is the MIC.

But regardless of right or wrong, do you have a comment on Brandon being so out of touch that he thinks high oil prices are hurting Putin's ability to wage the war in Ukraine? Of course not, you'd rather blather about the other countries' response when that nuance never occurred to President Brandon for an instant.
So you support Putin's invasion as motivated by the US?