• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Princeton drops standardized test requirement. To increase DIVERSITY

They claim the tests are culturally biased against minorities and are written by white people for white people. So why do asians do so well on the tests? This new policy is an admission blacks are mentally inferior.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13986

nov 13 2019 Two Ivy League universities have announced that many graduate programs will no longer require the traditional standardized Graduate Records Examination testing requirements for applications, citing reasons pertaining to "diversity" and concerns that such tests are "biased" against minority and low-income students.

Both Princeton University and Brown University recently announced that they are moving away from standardized testing requirements for graduate admission in the name of creating a more diverse student body.

"there is concern that standardized tests are culturally biased in favor of certain groups"

Princeton announced its decision to do away with the standardized test for 14 different graduate programs in September, calling the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) biased against minority groups.

Boltlady

Mayor
They claim the tests are culturally biased against minorities and are written by white people for white people. So why do asians do so well on the tests? This new policy is an admission blacks are mentally inferior.
They should not be getting any federal subsidies for anything if that's the case. The whole idea of institutes of higher learning is in fact higher learning. Whether that has occurred or not is generally determined by various tests.

Boltlady

Mayor
BTW Re the subject matter, I just came across the following:

BERKELEY INSTRUCTOR: "RURAL AMERICANS" ARE "BAD PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE BAD LIFE DECISIONS"
Published: November 14, 2019
Share | Print This

SOURCE: THE EPOCH TIMES
An instructor at the University of California-Berkeley stirred anger after he called Americans who live in rural areas “bad people” who deserve “uncomfortable lives” on Twitter.

Jackson Kernion, according to his website, has been teaching multiple philosophy courses as a graduate student instructor at UC-Berkeley since 2013.

In the now-deleted Twitter post published on Nov. 5, Kernion explained why he thought it is plausible to shame rural Americans.

“I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans. they, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions,” Kernion wrote.

“Some, I assume, are good people. But this nostalgia for some imagined pastoral way of life is stupid, and we should shame people who aren’t pro-city.”

Before turning to critique the rural American lifestyle, Kernion wrote in another post about affordable healthcare for rural Americans.

He said he believed it would mean they have to be subsidized by “those who choose a more efficient way of life.”

“Rural healthcare should be expensive!” he wrote.

“And that expense should be borne by those who choose rural America!”

“It should be uncomfortable to live in rural America. It should be uncomfortable to not move,” he added.

America’s rural communities, which tend to be older and poorer than urban areas, usually face more challenges than their urban counterparts in accessing health care, internet, and other services.

A survey conducted by Harvard’s School of Public Health, NPR News, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation reports this May that four in ten rural Americans have encountered problems affording medical bills, housing, or food in the past few years.

Kernion tried to back his points with economic arguments about not making rural life “artificially cheaper.” Still, it didn’t take long for that discussion to escalate into shaming the rural American population.

The next day, Kernion wrote on Twitter in what appears to be an apology that he “made a bad post” and would “reflect on it.”

“My tone is way crasser and meaner than I like to think I am,” he wrote. He eventually deactivated his Twitter account altogether.

UC-Berkeley has yet to make any response regarding the internet backslash.

Bugsy McGurk

President
They should not be getting any federal subsidies for anything if that's the case. The whole idea of institutes of higher learning is in fact higher learning. Whether that has occurred or not is generally determined by various tests.
Private universities should be punished unless they utilize admissions procedures imposed by Big Brother USA?

You people have been driven insane by your propaganda ministers.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Private universities should be punished unless they utilize admissions procedures imposed by Big Brother USA?

You people have been driven insane by your propaganda ministers.
Why do you think blacks are inferior when they are not?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
BTW Re the subject matter, I just came across the following:

BERKELEY INSTRUCTOR: "RURAL AMERICANS" ARE "BAD PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE BAD LIFE DECISIONS"
Published: November 14, 2019
Share | Print This

SOURCE: THE EPOCH TIMES
An instructor at the University of California-Berkeley stirred anger after he called Americans who live in rural areas “bad people” who deserve “uncomfortable lives” on Twitter.

Jackson Kernion, according to his website, has been teaching multiple philosophy courses as a graduate student instructor at UC-Berkeley since 2013.

In the now-deleted Twitter post published on Nov. 5, Kernion explained why he thought it is plausible to shame rural Americans.

“I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans. they, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions,” Kernion wrote.

“Some, I assume, are good people. But this nostalgia for some imagined pastoral way of life is stupid, and we should shame people who aren’t pro-city.”

Before turning to critique the rural American lifestyle, Kernion wrote in another post about affordable healthcare for rural Americans.

He said he believed it would mean they have to be subsidized by “those who choose a more efficient way of life.”

“Rural healthcare should be expensive!” he wrote.

“And that expense should be borne by those who choose rural America!”

“It should be uncomfortable to live in rural America. It should be uncomfortable to not move,” he added.

America’s rural communities, which tend to be older and poorer than urban areas, usually face more challenges than their urban counterparts in accessing health care, internet, and other services.

A survey conducted by Harvard’s School of Public Health, NPR News, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation reports this May that four in ten rural Americans have encountered problems affording medical bills, housing, or food in the past few years.

Kernion tried to back his points with economic arguments about not making rural life “artificially cheaper.” Still, it didn’t take long for that discussion to escalate into shaming the rural American population.

The next day, Kernion wrote on Twitter in what appears to be an apology that he “made a bad post” and would “reflect on it.”

“My tone is way crasser and meaner than I like to think I am,” he wrote. He eventually deactivated his Twitter account altogether.

UC-Berkeley has yet to make any response regarding the internet backslash.
I guess Kernion feeds himself with his own self grown food.