• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Putin is playing US wingers like a fiddle

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No. He didn't to release Griner to get himself a bump in approval for the thousands killed in Ukraine. Releasing her and getting Bout back was not a win that will change a damned thing.

In any case, Biden was not the negotiator. He set the parameters and ultimately signed off on the best the negotiators thought they'd get.
So Biden passed the BUCK, so who took Bidens place since you claim to know so much__________so Biden didn't have the guts to do is job and "Don't fvck with Biden" was pure Joe bullshit.

So, Joe isn't the President!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So Biden passed the BUCK, so who took Bidens place since you claim to know so much__________so Biden didn't have the guts to do is job and "Don't fvck with Biden" was pure Joe bullshit.

So, Joe isn't the President!
Did you really think Biden and Putin were on the phone negotiating this deal?

Why didn't Trump get Whelan released?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Could it have been better? Yes. Who controlled that? Putin. He had no reason to want to trade both US citizens and could just have easily canceled the whole deal.

Did Trump do anything to get Whelan freed? Doesn't look like it. I'll go with what Whelan's brother said. You think it was a shit deal. Your opinion, not mine.

Paul Whelan's Brother: Biden Administration made 'right decision' in Griner-prisoner swap

“It’s through hardship that character is revealed, and over the last nine months, we have seen the best of so many,” Colas said in the statement. “At the top of that list are BG and President Biden. Throughout this ordeal, BG has carried herself with courage, grace and grit; and President Biden made us a promise, and then kept his word and did what was necessary to bring her home.”

“In return, our commitment to President Biden and to the families of Americans who are being held hostage and wrongfully detained – especially Elizabeth and David Whelan, on behalf of their brother Paul Whelan, who remains in Russia and whose continued detention weighs heavily on our hearts – is to continue our work in the movement to bring them home,” Colas said.

Brittney Griner’s Agent Said The Campaign To Bring Her Home Will Now Work On The Cases Of Other Americans Who Are Incarcerated Abroad (msn.com)
Once again..Putin controls all. Biden..no can do nuthin. And somehow the obligatory point at trump...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Once again..Putin controls all. Biden..no can do nuthin. And somehow the obligatory point at trump...
Biden did nothing? He got two US citizens released by Russia. He did not get Whelan this time.

And yes, I think it valuable to point out that in spite of Trump's bromance with Putin, he did nothing to get Whelan released.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Biden did nothing? He got two US citizens released by Russia. He did not get Whelan this time.

And yes, I think it valuable to point out that in spite of Trump's bromance with Putin, he did nothing to get Whelan released.
Odd. So there weren't any contacts at any level at any time during the trump administration from a y department? Do tell???

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Odd. So there weren't any contacts at any level at any time during the trump administration from a y department? Do tell???

So Trump did do something...which resulted in Whelan staying in prison.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You referred to the Biden deal for Griner as “nuthin” which led you to say I called her “nuthin”?

I hear some music…

youtube twilight zone theme song

;-)
No you wrote Brittney griner is not 'nothing'.
I didn't write that

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yes whereas Biden did nothing for Wheeling which resulted in Whelan staying in prison
The administration tried to get both Whelan and Griner. Putin refused. Biden will continue to look for a trade to get Whelan and others released. Exactly what I'd expect the president to do.

Bout had been in jail for 10 years.

Bout, a former Soviet military officer, was serving a 25-year prison sentence in the United States on charges of conspiring to kill Americans, acquire and export anti-aircraft missiles, and provide material support to a terrorist organization. Bout has maintained he is innocent.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
No. He didn't to release Griner to get himself a bump in approval for the thousands killed in Ukraine. Releasing her and getting Bout back was not a win that will change a damned thing.

In any case, Biden was not the negotiator. He set the parameters and ultimately signed off on the best the negotiators thought they'd get.
I know, I know.... Biden wasn't responsible.... He never is is he?

Putin definitely needed the win for the very reasons I spelled out.

It was a crap deal. That's why the Russians are crowing about it and you Biden apologists are trying to defend it.