• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Putin is playing US wingers like a fiddle

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Neither?

There you have it - a stated preference to have Griner rot in the gulag.
Nope - not at all. By your logic Biden has shown a preference for Whelan to rot in the gulag.

No deal is better than a bad deal. Biden left the marine behind and has given up one of the few things that could have been used to make the deal. It was a terrible deal. And that's why you have to defend it. It won't stand on it's own. Biden played right into the hands of the GOP through this piece of incompetence.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I know, I know.... Biden wasn't responsible.... He never is is he?

Putin definitely needed the win for the very reasons I spelled out.

It was a crap deal. That's why the Russians are crowing about it and you Biden apologists are trying to defend it.
My opinion differs from yours. Bout had done 10 years for selling weapons. How many years did Ollie North serve for selling weapons to terrorists in Iran and Nicaragua?

I think Biden should have traded Trump for Griner.

Nope - not at all. By your logic Biden has shown a preference for Whelan to rot in the gulag.

No deal is better than a bad deal. Biden left the marine behind and has given up one of the few things that could have been used to make the deal. It was a terrible deal. And that's why you have to defend it. It won't stand on it's own. Biden played right into the hands of the GOP through this piece of incompetence.
Of course, it stands on it own Britney Griner is out of a prison.

Your whataboutism is just MAGA shit.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
My opinion differs from yours. Bout had done 10 years for selling weapons. How many years did Ollie North serve for selling weapons to terrorists in Iran and Nicaragua?

I think Biden should have traded Trump for Griner.
I'll go with that. He'd get extra credit if he threw in Ollie North and Newt Gingrich for free.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Nope. Your concoction is that Biden could have gotten Whelan out but didn’t. Of course, that was not his choice to make. Countless people are involved in such negotiations. If freeing Whelan was on the table and Biden refused it, that would be public knowledge in no time.

You should accept the obvious reality - the choice was to make the swap for Griner OR consign her to 9 years in the gulag. I’m happy Biden got her out. I think he made the right decision. You think he should have left her in the gulag to rot. We just disagree.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I know, I know.... Biden wasn't responsible.... He never is is he?

Putin definitely needed the win for the very reasons I spelled out.

It was a crap deal. That's why the Russians are crowing about it and you Biden apologists are trying to defend it.
Of course Biden is responsible. He’s responsible for freeing a basketball superstar who won two Olympic gold medals for the USA. That’s nothing to be ashamed of. It should be celebrated. And venom for the continued captivity of other Americans should be directed at the cretin responsible for that - Putin. Not Biden.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The administration tried to get both Whelan and Griner. Putin refused. Biden will continue to look for a trade to get Whelan and others released. Exactly what I'd expect the president to do.

Bout had been in jail for 10 years.

Bout, a former Soviet military officer, was serving a 25-year prison sentence in the United States on charges of conspiring to kill Americans, acquire and export anti-aircraft missiles, and provide material support to a terrorist organization. Bout has maintained he is innocent.
Didn't you post above that Biden didn't to the face to face or phone to phone with Putin?

Well Bout isn't in prison now and probably dealing arms again to start civil wars and kill Americans, do you think defending Bout will keep you safe!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Didn't you post above that Biden didn't to the face to face or phone to phone with Putin?

Well Bout isn't in prison now and probably dealing arms again to start civil wars and kill Americans, do you think defending Bout will keep you safe!
You think the better call was to leave Griner in a gulag for 9 years?

Bugsy McGurk

President