• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Putin needs his ass kicked a bit.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
We’re good. Probably as good as there has ever been. But no - and we don’t need this war. Just lots and lots of hardware support.
…and…dangit…more skin in the game from the worthless Euros (note: I mean traditional Western Euros…Estonian and Latvian types have stepped up).
Yes. Eastern euros wouldn't mind throwing a few punches

Zam-Zam

Senator
Years of aggression and bully tactics, maybe this time around the threat of an ass kicking will put him in his place

Neville Chamberlain would disagree.

Which can only mean you're right, of course.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I think this is bigger than just Putin trying to edge into Ukraine. This is a test of the balance of power in this world.
Prior to WWII, Hitler edged Germany into one country after another while the world watched and did nothing. It emboldened him, until the Europeans' decided Poland was one domino too many.

By then, of course, nazi Germany had become a much more formidable foe. But no one wanted war, so Germany was appeased instead. The result was a much bigger war.

IF Putin gets Ukraine without major difficulty, why would he stop there? Bullys keep bullying until someone bloodies their nose.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Prior to WWII, Hitler edged Germany into one country after another while the world watched and did nothing. It emboldened him, until the Europeans' decided Poland was one domino too many.

By then, of course, nazi Germany had become a much more formidable foe. But no one wanted war, so Germany was appeased instead. The result was a much bigger war.

IF Putin gets Ukraine without major difficulty, why would he stop there? Bullys keep bullying until someone bloodies their nose.
Correct. He already has lukashenko by the short hairs

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I think this is bigger than just Putin trying to edge into Ukraine. This is a test of the balance of power in this world.
A COORDINATED test. This isn’t happening in a vacuum. Putin is not “cowboying” this thing.

As a former (now washed up) hoopster, I’ll just say that Putin’s on the floor - and China’s got next. And they’ve talked about this.