• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Putin puzzle

Putin has ordered and equipped a large military contingent that had been murdering, raping and pilliaging Ukraine for years now. Trump supports him. Biden is in favor of giving Ukraine whatever it needs to defend their country for as long as it takes. Trump, and a large number of Republican politicians are deliberately holding up the equipment and ammunition to help Trump and Putin….Who cares who Putin says he supports? Not me. I am more concerned with who in America supports Putin……THEY GOTTA GO…..To prison or worse. I favor that!
Putin was provoked by the US into his SMO over decades, all in pursuit of regime change in Moscow:

https://www.jeffsachs.org/newspaper-articles/wgtgma5kj69pbpndjr4wf6aayhrszm#:~:text=There were in fact two,Georgia, in counterclockwise order).

"There were in fact two main U.S. provocations.

"The first was the U.S. intention to expand NATO to Ukraine and Georgia in order to surround Russia in the Black Sea region by NATO countries (Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, and Georgia, in counterclockwise order).

"The second was the U.S. role in installing a Russophobic regime in Ukraine by the violent overthrow of Ukraine’s pro-Russian President, Viktor Yanukovych, in February 2014.

"The shooting war in Ukraine began with Yanukovych’s overthrow nine years ago, not in February 2022 as the U.S. government, NATO, and the G7 leaders would have us believe."

The key to peace in Ukraine is through negotiations based on Ukraine’s neutrality and NATO non-enlargement

Spamature

President
Yep. Putin’$ a$$ured of getting load$ of ca$h attributable directly to Biden policy. Seems like Biden and Putin are $ynched up nicely.
Oil prices have been high. You are attributing that directly to Biden. Yet it was Trump who made sure that happened, not Biden.

Spamature

President
I'm guessing not the guy who signed off on it in the first place.

Putin saw Biden screw up royally in Afghanistan. The whole world did. Now dictators are moving without the kind of fear they had when America had competent leadership.
Biden rescued the 120 thousand Americans and Afghans Trump abandoned, when he surrendered to the Taliban. Now here your GOPers are trying to abandon millions of Ukrainians. I suppose Trump and his flunkies in congress are still angry Zelenskyy wouldn't go along with the Trump-Russia phony frame up job on Biden.

EatTheRich

President
Putin was provoked by the US into his SMO over decades, all in pursuit of regime change in Moscow:

https://www.jeffsachs.org/newspaper-articles/wgtgma5kj69pbpndjr4wf6aayhrszm#:~:text=There were in fact two,Georgia, in counterclockwise order).

"The first was the U.S. intention to expand NATO to Ukraine and Georgia in order to surround Russia in the Black Sea region by NATO countries (Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, and Georgia, in counterclockwise order).

"The second was the U.S. role in installing a Russophobic regime in Ukraine by the violent overthrow of Ukraine’s pro-Russian President, Viktor Yanukovych, in February 2014.

"The shooting war in Ukraine began with Yanukovych’s overthrow nine years ago, not in February 2022 as the U.S. government, NATO, and the G7 leaders would have us believe."

The key to peace in Ukraine is through negotiations based on Ukraine’s neutrality and NATO non-enlargement
Bottom line: Ukraine is a sovereign nation. If Russia didn’t want them trying to join NATO (before and after the popular uprising that overthrew Yanukovych’s autocratic regime), they should have offered them a more attractive alliance. Disagreements with the U.S. over foreign policy do not justify Russian aggression.

Jack4freedom

Governor
If he were smart, he would have made moves while Trump was in office, if Trump really was "Putin's puppet". Instead, he gets everything he wants from Biden, and uses that to take over Ukraine.

Now Putin is endorsing Biden for a second term. I guess you can't have a better endorsement than that, right?
There ya go Champy. Now you are using your noodle. That proves that Trump really isn’t in the bag for Putin,……well kinda.….I know Joe was really counting on that coveted Vlad Putin endorsement……See if you can sell that story to the National Enquirer and Fox News. Those guys are always looking for a scoop….Who knows?

Jack4freedom

Governor
I'm guessing not the guy who signed off on it in the first place.

Putin saw Biden screw up royally in Afghanistan. The whole world did. Now dictators are moving without the kind of fear they had when America had competent leadership.
So, you are guessing stuff now…..Amazingly, you are guessin’ lots of stuff that Sean Hannity has opened his monologue with in the past week. It’s telepathy in its highest form. Keep on guessing little Champy. Atta boy!

Jack4freedom

Governor

What’s a SMO Trojan Boy? Your excuse for Putin’s invading, occupying and mass murdering Ukrainians sounds like the story Vlad told Tucker Carlson in which Putin pointed out that Poland started WW II by forcing the Nazis to attack them. Was that a SMO too?

What’s a SMO Trojan Boy? Your excuse for Putin’s invading, occupying and mass murdering Ukrainians sounds like the story Vlad told Tucker Carlson in which Putin pointed out that Poland started WW II by forcing the Nazis to attack them. Was that a SMO too?
A SMO is when Kiev does not look like Gaza City after two years of conflict.

NATO expansion was designed to trigger a response from Russia. and that fact was pointed out 25 years ago:

https://www.cato.org/commentary/us-nato-helped-trigger-ukraine-war-its-not-siding-putin-admit-it

"George Kennan, the intellectual architect of America’s containment policy during the Cold War, perceptively warned in a May 2, 1998 New York Times interview what NATO’s move eastward would set in motion. 'I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,' he stated. 'I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake.'"

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Your links don't support your opinion. Biden warned Ukraine. One link shows we had sent $60 million in weapons and were workingvto send more. Putin may well have seen our efforts to arm and train the Ukrainian military as making his goal of conquest more difficult. So he decided to strike...before they grew any stronger.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
A SMO is when Kiev does not look like Gaza City after two years of conflict.

NATO expansion was designed to trigger a response from Russia. and that fact was pointed out 25 years ago:

https://www.cato.org/commentary/us-nato-helped-trigger-ukraine-war-its-not-siding-putin-admit-it

"George Kennan, the intellectual architect of America’s containment policy during the Cold War, perceptively warned in a May 2, 1998 New York Times interview what NATO’s move eastward would set in motion. 'I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,' he stated. 'I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake.'"
Putin has leveled cities all across eastern Ukraine. He wanted to capture Kyiv and failed. Missile defenses are strong enough to defend the capitol.

Putin has leveled cities all across eastern Ukraine. He wanted to capture Kyiv and failed. Missile defenses are strong enough to defend the capitol.
I don't pretend to know what Putin is up to but the truth is he could overwhelm those defenses and level Kyiv in matter of hours and there isn't anything anyone could do about it.

Why hasn't he?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Apparently all the cities leveled by Putin don’t count because there are still some standing buildings in Kiev. That’s some strange Putin worship right there.

Putin is not much of a puzzle, he is a thug. A thug who saw a weak, incompetent American President and took full advantage of it.
Yeah after 2 years and 35,000 Dead Russians..They've really gained a lot...LOL....Of nothing.You see that Steel Mill get hit.....BOOM!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I don't pretend to know what Putin is up to but the truth is he could overwhelm those defenses and level Kyiv in matter of hours and there isn't anything anyone could do about it.

Why hasn't he?
He has tried. He launches 20 drones and missiles and two get through. Your version of truth is your opinion.

If republicans hold up aid Putin may just do as you suggest.

Putin's fixing operation on Kiev prevented reinforcements from reaching Donbass. Russia has the power to destroy Kiev and every other major city in Ukraine if it was willing to engage in shock and awe as the "good guys" did in Iraq.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Putin's fixing operation on Kiev prevented reinforcements from reaching Donbass. Russia has the power to destroy Kiev and every other major city in Ukraine if it was willing to engage in shock and awe as the "good guys" did in Iraq.
Bullshit. He intended to surround and capture Kyiv. His forces were decimated. Remember the 40 mile long convoy that got stacked up and destroyed by the Ukrainians? The troops attacking Kyiv only had food for three days.

On 3 March, Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky, deputy commander of the Combined Arms Army of the Central Military District, was killed by Ukrainian sniper fire when he ventured to the front of the stalled convoy. At that point, he was the highest-ranking Russian official killed
Russian Kyiv convoy - Wikipedia

The Russian army was embarrassed by the failure. That cannot have been intentional.

Gee...could the attacks in Crimea and Donbas have been meant to keep most of the Ukrainian army from reinforcing Kyiv? If they had surrounded the city and captured the government the war would have been over.