• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question for liberals.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Barack Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, in which there are provisions for indefinite detention of American citizens.

How does that particular betrayal make you feel?

Does it feel like the reaming you got when he extended the Bush tax cuts?

or when he left GITMO open and resumed military tribunals?

or when he broke his promise to limit lobbyists in his admin?

or when he failed to create his 'foreclosure fund'?

or when he permitted 'no bid' contracts?

or when he 'surged' in Afghanistan?

or when he failed to get the Employee Free Choice Act through Congress?

Or any of his other failures?

Bo-4

Senator
Some things he was able to accomplish, the ones you mention not.

Most of those were due to R obstructionism and filibusters.

He's not perfect, but he's better than any of your clowns.

GordonGecko

President
Politically, what could he do? Veto a Defense Bill and let the Right scream about "Obama wants to GUT our defenses!!!!!"?

Ethically...he should have held out for a reduction in stuff like that.

BTW, few on the Right openly opposed the Patriot Act.

You mean he's not perfect? Well damn, it's a good thing I didn't expect him to be. He's doing a damn sight better than McCain would've done.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like that particular provision. Not sure how it would fare in a constitutional challenge. Overall,I'm satisfied with his performance. He's accomplished quite a bit. I didn't oppose the Afghanistan surge or military tribunals. I understand why he did some of the things you call "failures" too. I was a Hillary supporter in the Dem nomination campaign,so my expectations weren't as high as some of your PJlib targets.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Barack Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, in which there are provisions for indefinite detention of American citizens.
remember Bush's signing statements?

well, Pres Obama did one in which he said no way in hell would he uphold that provision, but would instead follow our Constitution.

would you like a link to his signing statement?

Minotaur

Governor
No President ever in history can get everything they want. Our system does not work that way. You see what they wish to accomplish and then decide whether they try to accomplish it. There have been some amazing successes including the historic 3rd rail health care bill. You cannot sit back and watch republicans in Congress say "No" to everything for a future election, sit back and say nothing and then b*tch about Obama failures. It would be hypocritical would it not?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
:rolleyes:

Wow...look at all the Obama apologists.

And I thought you all had the integrity to hold Obama to the same standard as other politicians.

What was I thinking?

LOL

Corruptbuddha

Governor
And yet he signed the bill, didn't he?

He also said there would be no lobbyists in his admin...how long did that 'promise' last?

hmmmm?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Not to worry, he hasn't disappointed me at all.

I didn't believe a word of his promises from the get go.

You, on the other hand, did.

I was just wondering how this last stiff arm felt to the Obama faithful.

But I guess that kool-aid is some powerful stuff. It apparently makes you forget things and bend over easier.