• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question for Middleview (Non-Political)

Jack4freedom

Governor
Trump is not our Messiah, he is our president. What you view as religious-like fervor; panic and extreme hate for anyone who dares challenge him, is actually reaction to the unreasonable, ill-founded, extreme, unnecessary and unwarranted attacks from your side of the political spectrum.
Did the Left really think Trump supporters would sit quietly by while they berated the man for every word that came out of his mouth; lied about him; created false narratives about him; twisted the news and enlisted a willing Leftist media to launch a campaign to destroy him without even giving him a chance in office?
We are not going to be quiet; we are going to reelect him in November and defend him just as vehemently in his second term, if necessary.
Due to the ugly nature of the campaign in 2016, there was definitely a lot of animosity coming from both sides in its wake. The Democrats and their candidate were trashed by Trump and his minions in the fake press with outrageous manufactured news stories regarding pizza parlor child molesting rings hatched out of GOP basements by scumbags like Jack Burkman and Roger Stone with help from Roger Ailes and Sean Hannity. She was accused of multiple murders and the campaign chant was “Lock her up” throughout Trumps own campaign. What did Trump expect after that? I agree that there is certainly an ugliness in politics now that I have never seen in my 50+ years of following and observing it closely. Hopefully this era of hate filled politics will soon end and we can get back to being friendly adversaries once again.

Jack4freedom

Governor
I didn’t write “only”, I wrote that there are MORE of them on the left and it stands to reason. If your worldview impels you to view government as solution to so many issues, it therefore follows that you are going to be more hyper-political. If an executive of a TP manufacturer is shown to have contributed to a cause unpopular to the left, lefty is FAR more likely to adjust his tush-swabbing preferences and to organize war rooms to activate the likeminded. A conservative is more likely to think, “gee that sucks” and then go about his job. Lefty knitters can go crazy fashioning pink pu**y hats and ambling down busy streets “marching”. Few are the conservatives who would darn and don a schlong hat.
Conservatives are less political because we:
1) Have primary associations and institutions that we value much more highly than politics
2) Are far more invested in private rather than public entities
3) Relegate government to station of necessary evil rather than lamp unto our feet.

This is not to say no conservatives are political, no conservatives protest, etc. We’re just wired quite differently. My sons and daughter, when they see a throng of shrieking vagina hat-wearing protestors, ask “what’s the problem with those weird people?” And my answer to them is something like, “Their priorities and primary ‘first things’ are not ours”.
Anyway...probably too long an answer. I guess I could’ve just said that, faced with an opportunity to protest/march or do something constructive like work directly with kids coaching ball...I’d choose the latter. If a pol asked me to go door to door canvassing, I’d tell him/her to stop jawing and do the work I pay him/her to do.
I never marched or carried any signs in my lifetime. I coached baseball for 30 years as a volunteer. I have always considered idiots blocking traffic carrying signs as a bunch of losers along with morons harassing and screaming at people going to a planned parenthood clinic or killing doctors. I know a lot of liberals and conservatives most of whom have never done any of those activities outside of walking a picket line during a strike in solidarity with their Union Brothers occasionally. I have lived here in LA county for over 55 years and most of the people I know are pretty reasonable, intelligent and nice people.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Due to the ugly nature of the campaign in 2016, there was definitely a lot of animosity coming from both sides in its wake. The Democrats and their candidate were trashed by Trump and his minions in the fake press with outrageous manufactured news stories regarding pizza parlor child molesting rings hatched out of GOP basements by scumbags like Jack Burkman and Roger Stone with help from Roger Ailes and Sean Hannity. She was accused of multiple murders and the campaign chant was “Lock her up” throughout Trumps own campaign. What did Trump expect after that? I agree that there is certainly an ugliness in politics now that I have never seen in my 50+ years of following and observing it closely. Hopefully this era of hate filled politics will soon end and we can get back to being friendly adversaries once again.
I won't pretend that all Republicans are choir boys/girls. But you will never evoke any sympathy from me for Hillary Clinton. Every derogatory remark made against her; every accusation; every foul, nasty thing that Trump said about her, pales into nothingness compared to what she really is.
The woman should be in prison. The American people can never fully believe in equal justice under the law for all people until Hillary Clinton is held accountable for her crimes.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I never marched or carried any signs in my lifetime. I coached baseball for 30 years as a volunteer. I have always considered idiots blocking traffic carrying signs as a bunch of losers along with morons harassing and screaming at people going to a planned parenthood clinic or killing doctors. I know a lot of liberals and conservatives most of whom have never done any of those activities outside of walking a picket line during a strike in solidarity with their Union Brothers occasionally. I have lived here in LA county for over 55 years and most of the people I know are pretty reasonable, intelligent and nice people.
All those observations seem fine to me. BTW: I like SoCal (and NorCal for that matter). Wifey is a native San Diegan.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I won't pretend that all Republicans are choir boys/girls. But you will never evoke any sympathy from me for Hillary Clinton. Every derogatory remark made against her; every accusation; every foul, nasty thing that Trump said about her, pales into nothingness compared to what she really is.
The woman should be in prison. The American people can never fully believe in equal justice under the law for all people until Hillary Clinton is held accountable for her crimes.
What crimes? She's been accused of murder...and that has been shown to be a bunch of bullshit. She was investigated for firing the White House travel office, killing Vince Foster, ordering troops to stand down in Benghazi and allowing the ambassador to be killed...selling our uranium supply to the Russkies, laughing at a young rape victim...

Fer Chrissakes....not one single accusation has come up with any evidence. Trump's DOJ would love to have something on her and has had an investigation going on for well over a year. Give it up. No evidence...no crime. Isn't that the chant at Trump rallies...no collusion, perfect phone call...blah,blah,blah.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Epic fail, what part of Non political did you fail to understand?
What part of the posts before mine did you think were non-political? Was the post about "bats in the belry" aimed at non-political posters?

I've noticed that as well and thankfully majority are libs

I get it that those folks’ religion is Democratic Party-led government.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
I know a man, not a friend, but an acquaintance, who owns a small cafe. He only served breakfast and lunch (closed at 2:00 pm.
The city first started making him close at 12:00, which hurt his business with the lunch crowd. Then he had to shut down completely.
The man has four employees whom he had to let go.
I am sure he will not recover from this. His business is a one-man show. It is not the type of restaurant that can offer take-out and he has no drive-through feature.

I have the impression that your restaurant is substantially bigger than this man's cafe. Have you shut down and if so, are you doing take-out or drive-through? How has it affected your employees? Have you laid off most of them, or any of them? I'm just curious and wondering how restaurants and other food service facilities are going to recover from being shut down for an extended period of time.
Funny middleview told me that he worked at a brokerage house after being a fireman who was in charge of Navy nuclear weapons IT whatever the hell that is. So are you saying that he is now a restaurant owner too, or is he just a confirmed schizoid at this point

Jack4freedom

Governor
See, I disagree. My take on her is that she is a typical middle of the road Democrat from her generation. She came of age in the women’s rights, anti Vietnam, Wategate era and pissed a lot of people off. She is a very bright and was a very outspoken person and has been since the ‘70s. She is and has always been well liked and respected by most of the people who actually know her including Senators from both parties who worked with her in the US Senate and as Secretary of State.

The monster you have come to hate does not really exist. It is a total fabrication created by well paid and vicious political hatchet men and women over a 40+ year smear campaign. Rush Limbaugh created a billion dollar industry by fomenting hatred towards her and other “Feminists” as he called them.

I remember Rush when he was a shock jock comedian barely scraping by at a two bit Sacramento Ca. radio station. He was funny as hell and had never even voted in ‘94 when he was coopted by well heeled right wing entities and Clear Channell where he was sent scripted material to rant about and suddenly, he was a nationwide sensation. He and those who created him HATED HILLARY AND BILL CLINTON. Thats what made him and every other right wing smear monger talk jock rich and famous.

I just watched an extensive documentary about Hillary Clinton on HULU. It is an excellent and well made account of Hillary and the times she lived in. She is like the Forrest Gump of US politics over the last 50 years. I have also lived through those same years and remember how people were changing and the general sentiments of the times.

She evolved from being a radical late 60s early 70’s activist that she was in those days, to what her and her husband became, center/left political opportunists who were more like GHW Bush than Bernie Sanders or George McGovern.

That’s why I never supported or voted for either of them. I preferred populists like Ross Perot, Dennis Kucinich, Gary Johnson and Jerry Brown who I saw as real agents of change especially as it pertains to the idiotic drug war and the Federal Reserve system.

I suggest that anyone who never met her and calls her “the sow”, or advances wild and vicious fake stories about her being a serial murderess or involved in child sex trafficking, take a deep breath and consider the sources of this utter garbage you have been spoon fed by a bunch of world class smear mongers.

From what I can gather by listening to what she has said and seeing what she has done throughout her 50 year public life and seeing this documentary which has interviews from both her political allies and adversaries she is very bright, very tough and all in all a pretty nice old broad.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Our restaurant is a franchise. We just found out that another of the restaurants in the chain has had to close because all of their employees have the virus. The owner has hired a HAZMAT firm to clean his place. He may not be able to reopen anytime soon.
We almost bought his place last year.
Good pass!

Jack4freedom

Governor
All those observations seem fine to me. BTW: I like SoCal (and NorCal for that matter). Wifey is a native San Diegan.
Is she getting tired of being soggy up there yet? San Diegans I have known like sunny beaches. However, there is nothing more beautiful than Seattle on a nice day. Also my favorite restaurant in the US is a place called The Brooklyn in downtown Seattle. Best oysters, best smoked salmon and the best bar with GREAT STRONG DRINKS....Cheers

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The phenomenon you speak of may well be a natural reaction to Republicans who have abandoned reasoned Conservatism for Ailes/Hannityism which has morphed into Trumpism and now and for decades must wield EVERYTHING as a political weapon. Where the hell have you been?

Are you really suggesting that these hard core Trumpists do not display religious fervor? Come on Rick......In case you haven’t noticed, here on this board there are several posters whose writing reeks of complete panic and extreme hate for anyone who dares to challenge their apparent messiah.
What, exactly is "reasoned conservatism?" It sounds like you may be referring to the old style Republicans who simply tried to manage the decline from the progressive all out assault on American culture and capitalism. That didn't work out so well for anybody (except the Marxists). "Trumpism" is actually populist conservativism. or conservative populism, if you will. And frankly Trump, although brilliant enough to recognize its value as a political vehicle, is simply incapable of understanding or executing it. Or perhaps he is and is simply powerless as an DC outsider to execute on it. So he lurches between populism and corporatism like a manic depressive bouncing between happiness and despair. That doesn't make IT wrong, it makes HIM wrong.

Regardless, populism as an ideology is decidedly not "reasoned." It is semi-anarchism.

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Is she getting tired of being soggy up there yet? San Diegans I have known like sunny beaches. However, there is nothing more beautiful than Seattle on a nice day. Also my favorite restaurant in the US is a place called The Brooklyn in downtown Seattle. Best oysters, best smoked salmon and the best bar with GREAT STRONG DRINKS....Cheers
Jack, believe it or not the rain bothers me (a native) more than it does her. I moved away from the PNW after finishing school and only moved back in 2002. Having basked in glorious sun for decades across the American SW, Brazil, Israel, and SE Asia...we moved back to the NW.

My explanation is that - just as ex-smokers are more hostile to cigarette smoke than folks who never smoked at all - those of us who escaped the 8.5 months of rain per year only to return to the moss-caked, algae-crusted Northwest are grumpier about gray skies and rainfall.

Definitely true in my case. All the more reason I was ticked about having to cancel our Spring Break in Palm Springs this week. Grrrrrrr!

Jack4freedom

Governor
Jack, believe it or not the rain bothers me (a native) more than it does her. I moved away from the PNW after finishing school and only moved back in 2002. Having basked in glorious sun for decades across the American SW, Brazil, Israel, and SE Asia...we moved back to the NW.

My explanation is that - just as ex-smokers are more hostile to cigarette smoke than folks who never smoked at all - those of us who escaped the 8.5 months of rain per year only to return to the moss-caked, algae-crusted Northwest are grumpier about gray skies and rainfall.

Definitely true in my case. All the more reason I was ticked about having to cancel our Spring Break in Palm Springs this week. Grrrrrrr!
Home is home...I have spent a lot of time up your way in both rain and shine it’s beautiful up there. However as a baseball player, surfer and golfer. I really love my home town of LA...I hope you and your family escape this virus madness reasonably unscathed.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Home is home...I have spent a lot of time up your way in both rain and shine it’s beautiful up there. However as a baseball player, surfer and golfer. I really love my home town of LA...I hope you and your family escape this virus madness reasonably unscathed.
Thanks - and same to you and yours!

Have a great (if likely boring) weekend.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
See, I disagree. My take on her is that she is a typical middle of the road Democrat from her generation. She came of age in the women’s rights, anti Vietnam, Wategate era and pissed a lot of people off. She is a very bright and was a very outspoken person and has been since the ‘70s. She is and has always been well liked and respected by most of the people who actually know her including Senators from both parties who worked with her in the US Senate and as Secretary of State.

The monster you have come to hate does not really exist. It is a total fabrication created by well paid and vicious political hatchet men and women over a 40+ year smear campaign. Rush Limbaugh created a billion dollar industry by fomenting hatred towards her and other “Feminists” as he called them.

I remember Rush when he was a shock jock comedian barely scraping by at a two bit Sacramento Ca. radio station. He was funny as hell and had never even voted in ‘94 when he was coopted by well heeled right wing entities and Clear Channell where he was sent scripted material to rant about and suddenly, he was a nationwide sensation. He and those who created him HATED HILLARY AND BILL CLINTON. Thats what made him and every other right wing smear monger talk jock rich and famous.

I just watched an extensive documentary about Hillary Clinton on HULU. It is an excellent and well made account of Hillary and the times she lived in. She is like the Forrest Gump of US politics over the last 50 years. I have also lived through those same years and remember how people were changing and the general sentiments of the times.

She evolved from being a radical late 60s early 70’s activist that she was in those days, to what her and her husband became, center/left political opportunists who were more like GHW Bush than Bernie Sanders or George McGovern.

That’s why I never supported or voted for either of them. I preferred populists like Ross Perot, Dennis Kucinich, Gary Johnson and Jerry Brown who I saw as real agents of change especially as it pertains to the idiotic drug war and the Federal Reserve system.

I suggest that anyone who never met her and calls her “the sow”, or advances wild and vicious fake stories about her being a serial murderess or involved in child sex trafficking, take a deep breath and consider the sources of this utter garbage you have been spoon fed by a bunch of world class smear mongers.

From what I can gather by listening to what she has said and seeing what she has done throughout her 50 year public life and seeing this documentary which has interviews from both her political allies and adversaries she is very bright, very tough and all in all a pretty nice old broad.
To each his own, as the saying goes. She used to be good looking. That's the only positive thing I can say about her.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Funny middleview told me that he worked at a brokerage house after being a fireman who was in charge of Navy nuclear weapons IT whatever the hell that is. So are you saying that he is now a restaurant owner too, or is he just a confirmed schizoid at this point
He's probably done all those things. Is that really so hard to believe. Hell, I spent two years of my active duty time in the Navy flying over the North Atlantic chasing Russian submarines; then five years traveling in Central America working on commercial aircraft for a Salvadoran Airline. I've spent the last three years every other month going to Mexico on mission trips. People have varied lives. If you live long enough you wear a lot of different hats.
I imagine MV has more on his resume than he has shared on this board. I know I do. You probably do too, unless you're eighteen years old.

Last edited:

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
What crimes? She's been accused of murder...and that has been shown to be a bunch of bullshit. She was investigated for firing the White House travel office, killing Vince Foster, ordering troops to stand down in Benghazi and allowing the ambassador to be killed...selling our uranium supply to the Russkies, laughing at a young rape victim...

Fer Chrissakes....not one single accusation has come up with any evidence. Trump's DOJ would love to have something on her and has had an investigation going on for well over a year. Give it up. No evidence...no crime. Isn't that the chant at Trump rallies...no collusion, perfect phone call...blah,blah,blah.
She committed perjury to congress which was confirmed by James Comey. She was not charged because Paul Ryan was too chickenshit to pursue it. He was convinced she was going to win the election and he didn't want to create a political enemy with the person he thought would be the next president.

Jack4freedom

Governor
To each his own, as the saying goes. She used to be good looking. That's the only positive thing I can say about her.
That’s not surprising. However it’s easy to hate people you really don’t know except what you have heard from unreliable sources. I’d bet money that if you really knew her you would end up liking and respecting her.

When I was in my early 20s I thought Dick Nixon was the most evil guy in the world. Then one time I sat close to him at a Mets Pirates game at Shea stadium in the late 80s and exchanged a few baseball observations with him. He was very polite and friendly and really knew his baseball too.

After that brief encounter, I read a couple books about and by him and saw several interviews he did after leaving office in disgrace. I then came to respect and appreciate him as a man and an American leader. He was a flawed man and screwed up big time but he loved America and did what he thought was right.

I have visited his library several times down in Yorba Linda where he was born and raised. His is another great American story of a tough guy who came from humble beginnings and battled his way to the top after several bitter setbacks by his own brilliance and determination.

That’s not surprising. However it’s easy to hate people you really don’t know except what you have heard from unreliable sources. I’d bet money that if you really knew her you would end up liking and respecting her.

When I was in my early 20s I thought Dick Nixon was the most evil guy in the world. Then one time I sat close to him at a Mets Pirates game at Shea stadium in the late 80s and exchanged a few baseball observations with him. He was very polite and friendly and really knew his baseball too.

After that brief encounter, I read a couple books about and by him and saw several interviews he did after leaving office in disgrace. I then came to respect and appreciate him as a man and an American leader. He was a flawed man and screwed up big time but he loved America and did what he thought was right.

I have visited his library several times down in Yorba Linda where he was born and raised. His is another great American story of a tough guy who came from humble beginnings and battled his way to the top after several bitter setbacks by his own brilliance and determination.
But not the part about A.O.C. as long as she's an elected representative.