• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question regarding “MAGA Republicans’ semi-facism” and their posing “danger to our democracy”…

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Do you personally fund and promote things that are a danger to you?
My view still stands as before... they were using reverse psychology, it seemed to be the brainchild of some strategists.
This could totally backfire.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
clearly the DNC strategy was to promote more beatable candidates by running ads for the most MAGA pro-Trump candidates instead of the more main stream republicans.
Stupid plan.
You think directly promoting and intentionally aiding election of “semi-fascist” “dangers to our democracy” is merely ill-advised and stupid, eh? Other than “stupidity”, it reconciles perfectly well with what was laid out last night by Biden? Ok, Middleview. Good to know that there is NO threshold you will not cross for your political party.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
My view still stands as before... they were using reverse psychology, it seemed to be the brainchild of some strategists.
This could totally backfire.
That was one of three (3) things they did. For some reason you refuse to be honest and acknowledge the other two. This forum is awful. So very little in the way of honesty and good faith.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Did you not read the OP? This thread is about the Democratic Party directly funding campaign ads PROMOTING “MAGA Republicans”. You didn’t say anything about this subject whatsoever, don. Why is that!
They have jacked the topic

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
That was one of three (3) things they did. For some reason you refuse to be honest and acknowledge the other two. This forum is awful. So very little in the way of honesty and good faith.
Okay, I missed the read at the bottom of the page.
I agree with what these dems and repubs had to say about their distasteful/hypocritical shenanigans.
It's hard to even understand.

One objection is that, if the November midterm elections don’t go to plan, Democrats could unintentionally help put candidates like Mastriano and Gibbs in office. (Meijer’s district favored Biden by 9 points in 2020.) The other is that it’s just a bad look, period, to fund such candidates. If undermining democracy is so dangerous, how can you possibly justify helping the person doing it? Even if they seem like an easier opponent?

Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) has told Politico, “It’s dishonorable, and it’s dangerous, and it’s just damn wrong.” Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), a Jan. 6 committee member who voted alongside Meijer to impeach Trump, also argued it makes Democrats’ complaints about the lack of “good Republicans” ring hollow.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Hypocritical? We were just told last night that the very people Democrats supported in the primary are “semi-fascists” and “a threat to our democracy”. Do you really seek to make the case that this is merely hypocritical? Do you personally fund and promote things that are a danger to you?

There are only two possibilities here:
1) Democrats/Biden do not really consider these vilified Republicans to be a threat/danger and this is mere political gaming and lies.

OR

2) Democrats/Biden WANT these dangerous people elected so that they can help destroy the country.

I don’t know how anyone can just slough this off to political hypocrisy when we were told directly that these people are dangerous and terroristic…yet were promoted and funded by Democrats.
Nope. The third possibility - the reality - is that Dems hoped that complete MAGA wackjobs would win the GOP primaries so that the Dem candidates could more easily win.

Now you know. Your “mystery” is solved.

;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Okay, I missed the read at the bottom of the page.
I agree with what these dems and repubs had to say about their distasteful/hypocritical shenanigans.
It's hard to even understand.

One objection is that, if the November midterm elections don’t go to plan, Democrats could unintentionally help put candidates like Mastriano and Gibbs in office. (Meijer’s district favored Biden by 9 points in 2020.) The other is that it’s just a bad look, period, to fund such candidates. If undermining democracy is so dangerous, how can you possibly justify helping the person doing it? Even if they seem like an easier opponent?

Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) has told Politico, “It’s dishonorable, and it’s dangerous, and it’s just damn wrong.” Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), a Jan. 6 committee member who voted alongside Meijer to impeach Trump, also argued it makes Democrats’ complaints about the lack of “good Republicans” ring hollow.
One might even say that the Democrats actively worked to make “MAGA Republicans”’more electorally viable. Almost as if Democrats don’t really believe they are a danger…but are merely politicking.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Nope. The third possibility - the reality - is that Dems hoped that complete MAGA wackjobs would win the GOP primaries so that the Dem candidates could more easily win.

;-)
So Democrats directly funded and extended the electoral viability of “semi-fascist” “dangers to our democracy”. Good to know they have our backs like that, Bugsy. Thanks.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So Democrats directly funded and extended the electoral viability of “semi-fascist” “dangers to our democracy”. Good to know they have our backs like that, Bugsy. Thanks.
No. They did what I said they did, and they did it for the reasons I explained for you.

Try to pay attention instead of “re-writing” peoples’ posts and repeating your idiocy.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
One might even say that the Democrats actively worked to make “MAGA Republicans”’more electorally viable. Almost as if Democrats don’t really believe they are a danger…but are merely politicking.
Actually, my viewpoint is they were fighting fire with fire.

Spamature

President
Why did the DNC allocate specific monies directly targeting the support and advancement of “MAGA Republican” candidates during the GOP primaries across this country just a couple of weeks ago?

Given the above fact, coupled with the fact that the LEADER of the Democratic Party (Joe Biden) has now repeatedly committed that these “MAGA Republicans” are a distinct existential danger and direct threat to America itself…why should we ever take Joe Biden seriously or why would we ever listen to/trust the Democratic Party again? They intentionally funded this - across dozens of states.

Anyone? Help me out on this.
So that Americans could be disgusted by them.

Because all Republicans are not a threat to our democracy, but Trump cultist are, and you should trust him because he is telling you the truth.

Hope I helped.

Sighh. We get the government we deserve. And this is the case due to our miserable citizenry…not our awful politicians. We SUPPORT their evil - even in writing on this forum. Pathetic.
Government Off the People, Buy the People, and Force the People

It's the elitist Constitution that does all that. It takes away self-determination by the citizens, which can only come from national referendums on all important issues, never from this impossible fantasy of "representative government."

EatTheRich

President

;-)
Which also meant amplifying the platform for their propaganda.

;-)
She Is the Sea in Which Their Ship Sunk

It reminds me of the accusation that, in 2016 primaries, the Leftist media overpublicized Trump and pushed his candidacy because they were sure that he would be the most unlikely Republican to beat Queen Hillary in the general. The NYTwits at the New York Times later confirmed that illusion by stating that she had a 92% chance of winning.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You think directly promoting and intentionally aiding election of “semi-fascist” “dangers to our democracy” is merely ill-advised and stupid, eh? Other than “stupidity”, it reconciles perfectly well with what was laid out last night by Biden? Ok, Middleview. Good to know that there is NO threshold you will not cross for your political party.
I already said I don't like the tactic...but they are clearly not trying to get the Trumplican candidates elected. They think they will be easier to defeat. The ads were during the primary...not the general election.

I don't like it because manipulating the opposition candidate line up is hardly a way to run a democracy.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
No. They did what I said they did, and they did it for the reasons I explained for you.

Try to pay attention instead of “re-writing” peoples’ posts and repeating your idiocy.
Nope. Democrats spent tens of millions to extend the electoral viability of “MAGA Republicans”. Then they attempt to volley the message that said Republicans are “semi-fascist dangers to our democracy”. This is FACT.

You people are nutcases.