• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Racism blamed for black obesity

EatTheRich

President
Ah. I see... Clinging to the "it's everyone else's fault" routine

False
2 explanations why Black obesity is higher:

1) Blacks are inferior socially (the sociological explanation)
2) Blacks are inferior inherently (the individual explanation)

Which do you think is more accurate?

Mick

The Right is always right
Ever heard of Trayvon Martin?
The thug that was fighting with Zimmerman who then shot him in self defense? That guy? Dude, tens of thousands of black people.....far more innocent of wrongdoing than Martin.....have been killed since Martin was killed....and killed by other blacks. You say nothing about any of those people.

Racism lives

EatTheRich

President
The thug that was fighting with Zimmerman who then shot him in self defense? That guy? Dude, tens of thousands of black people.....far more innocent of wrongdoing than Martin.....have been killed since Martin was killed....and killed by other blacks. You say nothing about any of those people.

Racism lives
It is not “self-defense” to stalk and pick a fight with a child because their skin color makes you suspicious. When Martin did fight with his assailant, after unsuccessfully trying to flee and to hide, that was self-defense. The policing of Black comings and goings by that sort of vigilante violence helps maintain the social arrangement by which crime is concentrated in segregated ghettoes.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
2 explanations why Black obesity is higher:

1) Blacks are inferior socially (the sociological explanation)
2) Blacks are inferior inherently (the individual explanation)

Which do you think is more accurate?
Me? Neither. That's your opinion based on your responses above

Mick

The Right is always right
It is not “self-defense” to stalk and pick a fight with a child because their skin color makes you suspicious. When Martin did fight with his assailant, after unsuccessfully trying to flee and to hide, that was self-defense. The policing of Black comings and goings by that sort of vigilante violence helps maintain the social arrangement by which crime is concentrated in segregated ghettoes.
This case is already done with it. It was self defense. Now are you going to stop deflecting and admit that thousands of black kids and innocent people have been killed by other blacks since then? And you've never made a single post about any one of them. Awful

Racism lives

EatTheRich

President
This case is already done with it. It was self defense. Now are you going to stop deflecting and admit that thousands of black kids and innocent people have been killed by other blacks since then? And you've never made a single post about any one of them. Awful

Racism lives
I have made many posts about street crime. The difference between us is that I believe ALL murderers should be punished, while you celebrate jury nullification when the murderer is a racist vigilante like Zimmerman.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What alternative explanation is there for the gross statistical inequities between the two populations?
I'm not the guy who just called a whole host of people too dumb to control their kids and too stupid to be influenced by anything other than advertisements geared towards shit foods....so you tell me .

EatTheRich

President
I'm not the guy who just called a whole host of people too dumb to control their kids and too stupid to be influenced by anything other than advertisements geared towards shit foods....so you tell me .
I didn’t either. That’s the “individual dysfunction” explanation that is favored by those who reject my “systemic inequity” explanation.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Then you should have no trouble quoting me saying that directly.
True ...no problem

The children of working-class families are more likely to be in that position due to the social constraints on the families’ freedom. Those families may also face a greater likelihood of needing to take their kids with them when grocery shopping, and (especially if Black) a greater pressure to buy the kids something to avoid a tantrum that could quickly escalate into parents being arrested, being killed by police, having their children killed by police, or having their kids taken away.

EatTheRich

President
True ...no problem
Not a word in that post about anyone being dumb or stupid. On the contrary, I clearly attributed the differences in behavior to differences in opportunity organized via massive socially condoned violence. I assume once you apologize for your “racist backhand” (as you would call it) based on the straw man argument you invented in order to attribute to me, you will do some reflection on why you can only score debating points against me when you change what I say to be something completely alien to what I actually said.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Not a word in that post about anyone being dumb or stupid. On the contrary, I clearly attributed the differences in behavior to differences in opportunity organized via massive socially condoned violence. I assume once you apologize for your “racist backhand” (as you would call it) based on the straw man argument you invented in order to attribute to me, you will do some reflection on why you can only score debating points against me when you change what I say to be something completely alien to what I actually said.
no, feller, you wrote what you wrote. dont blame me. why should, or would they be pressured (especially black) to buy a kid a sweet to avoid a tantrum.. that is your construct that you delivered/presumed... not me...

i dont need to score on what you write yourself...

EatTheRich

President
no, feller, you wrote what you wrote. dont blame me. why should, or would they be pressured (especially black) to buy a kid a sweet to avoid a tantrum.. that is your construct that you delivered/presumed... not me...

i dont need to score on what you write yourself...
As I said, because doing what a “middle-class” white family might do under the same circumstances could result in the parent getting arrested, or getting their kid taken away, or in the parent or kid being killed by police.

What I did not write, which you claimed I did with shameless dishonesty although what I actually wrote is right there for anyone to read: because Black families are dumb or stupid.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, because doing what a “middle-class” white family might do under the same circumstances could result in the parent getting arrested, or getting their kid taken away, or in the parent or kid being killed by police.

What I did not write, which you claimed I did with shameless dishonesty although what I actually wrote is right there for anyone to read: because Black families are dumb or stupid.
friend, please dont peddle nonsense to me. you wrote what you wrote..dont now lament it. everybody is to be faulted and the victim in your narrative some hapless dolt.... go away...