• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Racism FYI

Sparky2

Council Member
Which bad choices, exactly? Which bad choices lead Blacks to go to prison for drug offenses at much higher rates, although whites are actually more likely to use drugs?
Again, let us separate your sentence into meaningful wholes;
Which bad choices lead Blacks to go to prison for drug offenses at much higher rates
versus
although whites are actually more likely to use drugs.

Many Americans, blacks, whites, hispanics, or whatever, go to prison for drug offenses.
They are undeniably in prison for making very bad choices:
* Engaging in a drug-dealing or drug-abusing lifestyle.
* Embracing a gangsta thug culture.
* Doing some small time in jail for a drug-related offense, but failing to learn a lesson from it, and going right back to the drug dealing and/or drug abusing.

Whites constitute the largest racial demographic currently incarcerated.
https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_race.jsp

And drug offenses account for the lion's share of why people of all races are incarcerated.
https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

Do inner-city blacks go to prison for drug offenses at a higher rate than do hispanics and whites? Yes. But not because they are being targeted for being black drug dealers and black drug abusers. They go to prison for drug offenses at a higher rate than do hispanics and whites because they constitute the largest racial demographic in the inner-cities, and they have made the poor choices to engage in drug-dealing and drug abusing.

Is it your assertion that cops in the inner cities look the other way to whites and hispanics abusing the same drugs as blacks, but only the blacks get picked-on and arrested?
That is ridiculous.

Blacks from the inner city get arrested more often than whites and hispanics because there are more blacks living in the inner cities than whites and hispanics.
If I walk into a room containing seven blacks, two hispanics, and one white guy, and I fling a bucket of paint into the crowd, guess what?
More blacks than any other race in that room are going to end up with paint on them.

Re; whites being more likely to use drugs, you are talking apples and oranges.
Apples: Inner-city drug abusers (of all races) generally use/abuse marijuana, and they abuse crystal meth, crack cocaine, hydrocodone, oxycontin, and heroin.
Oranges: Suburban dwellers and college students generally use/abuse marijuana and prescription medications.

There has been an explosion of drug use (marijuana and prescription meds) among suburban housewives and students on college campuses over the past few decades, and yes, the majority of soccer moms and college students are white.

Similarly, there has been a steady increase in the uses of illegal street drugs in the inner cities, and yes, the majority of inner-city residents are black.

Black inner city residents are free to make the same choices as white college students;
They may choose to use and abuse drugs or they may choose not to use and abuse drugs.

We all have choices to make, and we are all free to make those choices;
Work hard, achieve, learn, grow, succeed, and prosper
or
remain stagnant, use drugs, and let somebody else pay the bills.

Do urban blacks have less choices than suburban whites?
No.
Are urban blacks painted into a corner because of their environment, and because their so-called leaders espouse a philosophy of perpetual victimhood, unaccountability, and racial animosity toward the hated 'rich whites'?
Yes.
Are they also painted into a corner because their own government takes a perverse pleasure in keeping them dependent on handouts, and therefore practically-guaranteeing that the poor urban blacks will always vote for (mostly Democrat) political candidates who promise them monthly checks, cell phones, and free housing?
Hell yes.

EatTheRich

President
Is it your assertion that cops in the inner cities look the other way to whites and hispanics abusing the same drugs as blacks, but only the blacks get picked-on and arrested?
No, rather it's that inner cities, because of systemic discrimination, are overwhelmingly Black or Latino, and are also heavily patrolled by police (hence people using drugs there are more likely to be noticed). Meanwhile, suburban Blacks (and most Blacks in fact live in the suburbs) are far more likely to be charged by a cop who instantly treats them as someone out of place (triggering searches, questioning, etc.) while he might've let off a white person in the same situation with a warning.

Apples: Inner-city drug abusers (of all races) generally use/abuse marijuana, and they abuse crystal meth, crack cocaine, hydrocodone, oxycontin, and heroin.
Oranges: Suburban dwellers and college students generally use/abuse marijuana and prescription medications.
I'm not sure what your source for those claims is.
However, if you look at CDC statistics broken down by race (and it is disparities by race and not by geographic location that we're talking about), you'll find that white youth engage in many kinds of risky behavior at disproportionate rates (although Blacks are much more likely to go to prison):

White youth are 68% more likely to drive drunk, and 57% more likely to text while driving.
White youth are 66% more likely to have carried a weapon at some time within the 30 days prior to the CDC survey, 49% more likely to have carried a gun, and 46% more likely to have carried a weapon on school property.
White youth are 23% more likely to use alcohol, and 87% more likely to binge drink.
Whites are 129% more likely to use cocaine, 245% more likely to use hallucinogens, 26% more likely to use inhalants, 88% more likely to use tobacco, 32% more likely to use ecstasy, 6% more likely to use heroin, 131% more likely to use meth, 22% more likely to use steroids without a prescription, 41% more likely to abuse any prescription drug, and 15% more likely to inject illegal drug.
In fact, the only drug Black youth are more likely to use is marijuana, which they use at a rate 42% higher than white youth.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/ss/ss6304.pdf

Proportional to their population, Blacks are 4 times as likely to go to prison for drugs as whites, almost always for marijuana offenses. Marijuana happens to be one of the least dangerous drugs.

BTW, and this may speak to a certain extent to the issue of inner cities vs. suburbs: white youth are 10% more likely to have been offered illegal drugs at school in the past month than white youth.

Days

Commentator
Sadly, I do know that racists come in all skin colors and all political persuasions. Some are that way because of their parents. Others are that way because a person or persons of another race treated them badly at some point in their lives and they decided to lump the entire crowd into that group. Whatever the reason, there is no good excuse for being a racist.

I do point out here that Democrats are racists (not meaning that they are the ONLY racists even though some posters choose to interpret what I say as such). The reason I point it out is that I have been called a racist (in the nastiest of terms) for the last almost 8 years because I disagree with Obama's political stances. I am sick of it. It's not his skin color I disagree with. It's his politics. And that disagreement doesn't make me a racist. I'm just standing up for myself by noting that some Democrats are racists.
Fighting fire with fire? Has it put out the fire yet?

Days

Commentator
Again, let us separate your sentence into meaningful wholes;
Which bad choices lead Blacks to go to prison for drug offenses at much higher rates
versus
although whites are actually more likely to use drugs.

Many Americans, blacks, whites, hispanics, or whatever, go to prison for drug offenses.
They are undeniably in prison for making very bad choices:
* Engaging in a drug-dealing or drug-abusing lifestyle.
* Embracing a gangsta thug culture.
* Doing some small time in jail for a drug-related offense, but failing to learn a lesson from it, and going right back to the drug dealing and/or drug abusing.

Whites constitute the largest racial demographic currently incarcerated.
https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_race.jsp

And drug offenses account for the lion's share of why people of all races are incarcerated.
https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

Do inner-city blacks go to prison for drug offenses at a higher rate than do hispanics and whites? Yes. But not because they are being targeted for being black drug dealers and black drug abusers. They go to prison for drug offenses at a higher rate than do hispanics and whites because they constitute the largest racial demographic in the inner-cities, and they have made the poor choices to engage in drug-dealing and drug abusing.

That is ridiculous.

Blacks from the inner city get arrested more often than whites and hispanics because there are more blacks living in the inner cities than whites and hispanics.
If I walk into a room containing seven blacks, two hispanics, and one white guy, and I fling a bucket of paint into the crowd, guess what?
More blacks than any other race in that room are going to end up with paint on them.

Re; whites being more likely to use drugs, you are talking apples and oranges.

There has been an explosion of drug use (marijuana and prescription meds) among suburban housewives and students on college campuses over the past few decades, and yes, the majority of soccer moms and college students are white.

Similarly, there has been a steady increase in the uses of illegal street drugs in the inner cities, and yes, the majority of inner-city residents are black.

Black inner city residents are free to make the same choices as white college students;
They may choose to use and abuse drugs or they may choose not to use and abuse drugs.

We all have choices to make, and we are all free to make those choices;
Work hard, achieve, learn, grow, succeed, and prosper
or
remain stagnant, use drugs, and let somebody else pay the bills.

Do urban blacks have less choices than suburban whites?
No.
Are urban blacks painted into a corner because of their environment, and because their so-called leaders espouse a philosophy of perpetual victimhood, unaccountability, and racial animosity toward the hated 'rich whites'?
Yes.
Are they also painted into a corner because their own government takes a perverse pleasure in keeping them dependent on handouts, and therefore practically-guaranteeing that the poor urban blacks will always vote for (mostly Democrat) political candidates who promise them monthly checks, cell phones, and free housing?
Hell yes.
This is a tired mantra of racists. And it is entirely untrue.

Let's look at the labor class of different colors. There are vastly more people of medium intelligence, be they black or white. Hard work and intelligent choices do not open doors for them. They have no opportunities in America today, they are given no choice, unless you think a person can survive on minimum wage, in which case, you have no clue what that pays for. So, now, these people are engaged in illegal traffic, why? TO SURVIVE. This is where all the "bad choices" happen, because there are no good choices available.

From this group, and it is black and white and it is huge... a far larger percentage of blacks are arrested, even though they all are doing the same thing. Your argument is fantasy. You may have black friends, but you don't know the street.

Sparky2

Council Member
Days, Eat The Rich,

We disagree.

I believe that poor choices lead to poor consequences, and that we are all responsible for our actions.

Days,
Do not insinuate that I am a racist.
I take offense at the very notion.

You have no idea how hard I have worked in my life to help the less-fortunate (of all colors) and how many outstanding black men and women I have known who managed to escape the hard life and bettered themselves thru discipline, hard work, and perseverance.

I do not give you permission to paint me with your biased brush strokes simply because I do not subscribe to the tired, stale, 'woe is me, the man's got me down' philosophy.

Days

Commentator
Days, Eat The Rich,

We disagree.

I believe that poor choices lead to poor consequences, and that we are all responsible for our actions.

Days,
Do not insinuate that I am a racist.
I take offense at the very notion.

You have no idea how hard I have worked in my life to help the less-fortunate (of all colors) and how many outstanding black men and women I have known who managed to escape the hard life and bettered themselves thru discipline, hard work, and perseverance.

I do not give you permission to paint me with your biased brush strokes simply because I do not subscribe to the tired, stale, 'woe is me, the man's got me down' philosophy.
wasn't painting you personally, nor was I trying to. I said the argument you posted is a tired mantra of racists... meaning we have heard that argument before. And it isn't a valid argument for the simple reason I explained, which was the same as the complicated reason ETR gave you.

Sparky2

Council Member
wasn't painting you personally, nor was I trying to. I said the argument you posted is a tired mantra of racists... meaning we have heard that argument before. And it isn't a valid argument for the simple reason I explained, which was the same as the complicated reason ETR gave you.
Alright then.
I apologize for reacting in such a prickly fashion.

It's just that I have been all around the world, and I have seen so much.
There is genuine poverty and tragedy everywhere all over the globe, and I have always done my best to help where I can.

My philosophy is to give more than you take, donate directly (& leave the government out of things), and leave the world better than you found it.

Days

Commentator
Alright then.
I apologize for reacting in such a prickly fashion.

It's just that I have been all around the world, and I have seen so much.
There is genuine poverty and tragedy everywhere all over the globe, and I have always done my best to help where I can.

My philosophy is to give more than you take, donate directly (& leave the government out of things), and leave the world better than you found it.
My lot in this mess was to walk the most dangerous streets in the nation and preach the love of Jesus to people who, quite frankly, scared me to death.

So, I salute you for your efforts, now if I can teach you some economics, maybe you can succeed where I have failed; bringing back hope and promise to the wage earning class, aka labor class of this nation. Because I have drilled down to the root of the problem, and found it to be the abduction of our currency coupled with a wage tax imposed to cover the debt of the federal government. My solution is simple, stop paying down the debt with wage taxes and stop collecting wage taxes. The synthetic debt can be paid with synthetic issue from the Treasury, and the wages will at least make it to the laborer's bank on Friday. Increased buying power = increased demand for local goods and maybe, just maybe, entrepreneurs will pop up and start producing local goods again. Trying to bring back our main street economy from extinction. It isn't likely to happen very fast, if at all, not with cheap goods being shipped in at practically no cost, but we have to try, because it doesn't matter if blacks are more likely to be tossed in the slammer than whites, the big picture is the entire middle class of America has vanished, and with it, all hope and opportunity for our young people.

Last edited:

Sparky2

Council Member
My lot in this mess was to walk the most dangerous streets in the nation and preach the love of Jesus to people who, quite frankly, scared me to death.

So, I salute you for your efforts, now if I can teach you some economics, maybe you can succeed where I have failed; bringing back hope and promise to the wage earning class, aka labor class of this nation. Because I have drilled down to the root of the problem, and found it to be the abduction of our currency coupled with a wage tax imposed to cover the debt of the federal government. My solution is simple, stop paying down the debt with wage taxes and stop collecting wage taxes. The synthetic debt can be paid with synthetic issue from the Treasury, and the wages will at least make it to the laborer's bank on Friday. Increased buying power = increased demand for local goods and maybe, just maybe, entrepreneurs will pop up and start producing local goods again. Trying to bring back our main street economy from extinction. It isn't likely to happen very fast, if at all, not with cheap goods being shipped in at practically no cost, but we have to try, because it doesn't matter if blacks are more likely to be tossed in the slammer than whites, the big picture is the entire middle class of America has vanished, and with it, all hope and opportunity for our young people.
Agreed, on all points sir.