• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Racist Republican Rand Paul blocks bill to make lynching a federal crime

EatTheRich

President
What's the difference between "lynching" and a "hate crime?" It appears his bitch is it isn't strictly aimed at murders - which makes it just another attempt to criminalize non-woke behavior.
You think that was Leonidas Dyer’s intent when he introduced this anti-lynching Bill (with identical language) for the first time in 1918?

Colorforms

Senator
That’s my point. States are failing to hold lynchers accountable via their own court systems, hence the need for federal action.
1. Martin was shot, not lynched.

2. Zimmerman was held accountable to a jury of his peers. We don't do frontier justice here in the US, or at least outside of left-wing fascist riots.

3. Murder, so long as it's inside a particular state, is not a federal issue. It is a state issue. The feds were overstepping their bounds getting involved. But then Obama was always an authoritarian.

EatTheRich

President
1. Martin was shot, not lynched.

2. Zimmerman was held accountable to a jury of his peers. We don't do frontier justice here in the US, or at least outside of left-wing fascist riots.

3. Murder, so long as it's inside a particular state, is not a federal issue. It is a state issue. The feds were overstepping their bounds getting involved. But then Obama was always an authoritarian.
1. Shooting is a method of lynching.
2. What do you call Zimmerman acting as judge, jury, and executioner in the Martin case?
3. Not true. The federal government is expressly delegated the power to pass legislation to protect the constitutional right to equal protection under the law (14th Amendment).

Colorforms

Senator
2. What do you call Zimmerman acting as judge, jury, and executioner in the Martin case?
3. Not true. The federal government is expressly delegated the power to pass legislation to protect the constitutional right to equal protection under the law (14th Amendment).
1. That's not even sane. You really should question your programming from time to time.
2. I call it what the jury called it, self defense.
3. They can't discriminate against states though. And Florida did nothing to warrant such legislation. They followed western jurisprudence and rendered a verdict.

I know how badly leftist want things their own way, whether it's just or not, but Zimmerman was attacked, he was arrested, tried, and found not guilty. So I suggest you, again, check your programming and adjust it to reflect a little reality.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
1. never seen a rope gun
2. self-defense
3.murder is already illegal (except for babies) at PP

EatTheRich

President
2nd time ask....when was last lynching?
Not sure. Arbery’s was in February.
1. That's not even sane. You really should question your programming from time to time.
2. I call it what the jury called it, self defense.
3. They can't discriminate against states though. And Florida did nothing to warrant such legislation. They followed western jurisprudence and rendered a verdict.

I know how badly leftist want things their own way, whether it's just or not, but Zimmerman was attacked, he was arrested, tried, and found not guilty. So I suggest you, again, check your programming and adjust it to reflect a little reality.
Zimmerman admits chasing and hunting for Martin to start a confrontation. Martin exercised his right to self-defense as any reasonable person would have. Something you dishonestly call an attack. Zimmerman was tried only due to the massive protest movement, by a prosecution that deliberately threw an easy case.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You think that was Leonidas Dyer’s intent when he introduced this anti-lynching Bill (with identical language) for the first time in 1918?
OMG! You mean "lynching" has been legal all this time? I am shocked, SHOCKED to find you using a straw man argument.

Colorforms

Senator

Zimmerman admits chasing and hunting for Martin to start a confrontation. Martin exercised his right to self-defense as any reasonable person would have. Something you dishonestly call an attack. Zimmerman was tried only due to the massive protest movement, by a prosecution that deliberately threw an easy case.
In other words, lefty didn't get what they wanted, so they're going to kick and scream, throw a tantrum, and call foul, much like this week. :)

Raoul_Luke

Murderous hate crimes are already a federal offense with long mandatory sentences, so this is largely symbolic. But, as Paul points out, the law as it is written is too broad and could render minor assaults as "lynchings" that have a 65 year sentence. I thought you guys were against over-incarceration.

“Rather than consider a good-intentioned but symbolic bill, the Senate could immediately consider addressing qualified immunity and ending police militarization,” Paul said. He sought to offer an amendment to weaken the measure, and Booker blocked it.

Raoul_Luke

What defines a lynching is execution by vigilante action without trial. Not whether the vigilantes use a rope or a gun.
Not according to this bill. It would render a bar fight between a white guy and an African American a "technical lynching" where the white guy goes to jail and the black guy goes on about his business. I'm sure you can't wait to lock up as many whites as possible, but what ever happened to the Constitutional guarantee of "equal protection?"

EatTheRich

President
Not according to this bill. It would render a bar fight between a white guy and an African American a "technical lynching" where the white guy goes to jail and the black guy goes on about his business. I'm sure you can't wait to lock up as many whites as possible, but what ever happened to the Constitutional guarantee of "equal protection?"
This is according to Rand Paul’s deliberately perverse construction. The bill has one function, to deter lynchings, which is why inveterate racist Sen. Paul opposes it.

Colorforms

Senator
What defines a lynching is execution by vigilante action without trial. Not whether the vigilantes use a rope or a gun.
Hmmm, I wonder then how these left wing riots should be viewed.

Lynching, a form of violence in which a mob, under the pretext of administering justice without trial, executes a presumed offender, often after inflicting torture and corporal mutilation. The term lynch law refers to a self-constituted court that imposes sentence on a person without due process of law. Both terms are derived from the name of Charles Lynch (1736–96), a Virginia planter and justice of the peace who, during the American Revolution, headed an irregular court formed to punish loyalists.