• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Racists lose another one - Washington Redskins will be changing their name

Nothing racist about the word "redskins". No worse than calling white people "whites".

Anyway, the american indians are probably the evilest race to ever populate this planet. They tortured to death countless thousands of white people. Torture has always been a big part of their culture. You say they did that hundreds of years ago? Same is true of slavery and yet you libs attack white people for that.

Nothing racist about the word "redskins". No worse than calling white people "whites".

Anyway, the american indians are probably the evilest race to ever populate this planet. They tortured to death countless thousands of white people. Torture has always been a big part of their culture. You say they did that hundreds of years ago? Same is true of slavery and yet you libs attack white people for that.
You're going to love the Washington Liberals.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Perfect name for them. My husband has been a lifelong Washington Redskins fan. He is done with football in general. Done.
Oh boy, now he will probably take you out to pick apples and go antiquing on autumn Sundays Like all them thar liberal sissies do. Lucky Day!!!!

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
If they change their name to “The DC Rainbows”, for every ignorant, hateful redneck fan they lose they will gain 5 intelligent non racist fans along with young new fans of color who will embrace the team for the kind gesture. That would be a GREAT marketing tool. Next stop, Cleveland and Chief Wahoo...
How is that gonna happen? How does "rainbow" make people racist or non racist?

Drumcollie

Personally I have no problem with this:

12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Genesis 9:12-16

Jack4freedom

Governor
Lol. Actually our plans this fall are to do some traveling. Early retirement has its advantages. And you?
I will probably watch some NFL Football. I am a Steeler fan and usually watch all of their games no matter where I am. I also don’t give a damn what the DC team decides to call their team. I would never let politics get in the way of my love for sports, music or art.

Hopefully I will also get to travel the country and watch some college football like I have been doing almost every year for 35 years. Going to a college town on a Friday night, hanging out and partying with the locals then going to a game puts me in touch with what America and Americans are really all about. I have friends all over the country as a result of my fall journeys. Many of them are even Republicans.

Cheers and I hope you and your man have a great time this fall.

Drumcollie

1593891526676.png

The best-known survey is likely a 2016 Washington Post poll that found 9 out 10 Native Americans don’t find the “Redskins” name offensive.

The poll asked a random national sample of 504 Native American adults and was conducted via phone interviews. The margin of error was 5.5 percentage points.

In fact, of the top five most common emotions, three of them were categorized as “positive.” That list includes the aforementioned “proud,” “content” and “satisfied.”

The only negative emotion to crack the top five was merely “annoyed.” That sure seems like a far cry from the deeply wounded emotions that detractors of the name would have you think Native Americans feel about it.

Who is pressuring Washgington to change their name?