• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Raising minimum wage will make your Big Macs $20.

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
I don't eat Fast Food, but, where in hell can people eat for the prices you posted?

$2.85 burger must be road kill!

In-N-Out.

Silly, hamburger patties come from happy cows. I don’t really eat fast food either, but it’s a road trip tradition for our family to stop at an In-N-Out. Either at the airport or along the highway.

In Texas, our tradition would be stopping at a Buc-ee’s for a rest stop and some beef jerky.

reason10

Governor
Only an IDIOT thinks there is such a thing as a living wage. People "live" on their pay every day in America and find a way to "live" within their means.

I've mentioned that raising the minimum wage just makes it more difficult for idiots to get jobs. The higher the wage, the more demanding the hiring process. Get that amount up too high and only MBAs should bother to apply.

The low minimum wage is an entry level amount, usually with students still in high school. They EARN raises through learning the skills and doing a good job. NOBODY is entitled to a wage that will buy them a beach house, four cars, six months of vacation and a boat.

Raise the minimum wage and more idiot neckbeards will not be hired.

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
Only an IDIOT thinks there is such a thing as a living wage. People "live" on their pay every day in America and find a way to "live" within their means.

I've mentioned that raising the minimum wage just makes it more difficult for idiots to get jobs. The higher the wage, the more demanding the hiring process. Get that amount up too high and only MBAs should bother to apply.

The low minimum wage is an entry level amount, usually with students still in high school. They EARN raises through learning the skills and doing a good job. NOBODY is entitled to a wage that will buy them a beach house, four cars, six months of vacation and a boat.

Oh yeah? You hire? Didn’t know that was the duty of a substitute teacher or Timeshare salesperson.

Did you try applying to a burger flipping job in Seattle and they required an MBA? Is this from personal experience?

Last edited:

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
That's like saying pencils make you misspell words

Food Stamps make many obese
No, I actually mean that literally. Las Vegas buffets are legit. We love the Sterling Brunch and the Bacchanal. Bazaar is also a steakhouse in my top 5.

Before Covid we would get such craving my family would take a flight to Vegas in the afternoon and come back the next morning just to have dinner and breakfast.

So it’s a blessing I don’t live near the strip.

write on

Senator
That's a load of horseshit.

Do corporations need tax cuts to make a living wage? Why do they continue to get tax cuts but those tax cuts didn't 'trickle down' to their employees?

Why are you all for corporate welfare for the few when there are millions working 3 jobs just to survive?
WTH are you talking about? Are you promoting greed? Why would someone with a MBA degree want to work for $15/hr at a fast food restaurant? Your false equivalency is showing your ignorance.
You right wingers have been peddling that same bullshit for decades. Even trump knew why he love the ignorant.

1621304299841.png

TheTrueRepublican

Council Member
I don't eat at Any fast food joints
and I haven't seen Any selling burgers at prices posted in his meme

Its a real private chain and widely known to pay their staff excellent wages. Restaurant managers make more than six figures and they only promote from within.

Pretty up there with Costco and Trader Joe’s in terms of low prices, quality, and paying employees really well.

Makes you rethink the whole minimum wage ordeal.

write on

Senator

In-N-Out.

Silly, hamburger patties come from happy cows. I don’t really eat fast food either, but it’s a road trip tradition for our family to stop at an In-N-Out. Either at the airport or along the highway.

In Texas, our tradition would be stopping at a Buc-ee’s for a rest stop and some beef jerky.
I remember when I was on the pit crew of a pro drag racer. The owner of the outfit had to have an In-N-Out burger back in 1986.

Edit: This was in Pomona. It snowed...I shit you NOT!

Good times :)

EatTheRich

President

The ruling class still requires a sufficient supply of labor to produce goods and services regardless of the minimum they are obliged to pay. $15 an hour would be less than workers were making until the 1970s, adjusted for inflation.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Hmmm I don't recall anyone saying Big Macs would be $20. I think you just made up people to attack.
Isn't it odd that "botheredboy" did bother to post the cost of a Big Mac?

But we must commend "botheredboy" for:

Showing us how Joe's welfare is causing small businesses hiring problems.