• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Rancher Gets Arrested For Shooting Alligator That Threatened His Horses & Burros

protectionist

Governor
Wow. A guy shoots an alligator (big one) that was threatening his animals (horses & burros), on his own property, and winds up getting arrested for it. This is absurd. What happened to the 2nd amendment ? Do today's law enforcement authorities think the founding fathers created it just for show ?

What happened to the concept of self-defense ? Have Sumpter County prosecutors gone nuts ? Or is this a case of overzealous animal protectionists, who also happen to be gun-haters? I am an animal lover myself. I'm a member of the ASPCA, and I donate $19/month to them, despite being low income. I would not shoot an alligator without just cause of self-defense, and neither would Reginald Blanton, who just got arrested for just trying to protect his animals. What about THEIR welfare ?

And what about Jack Hildreth who was attacked by the alligator, and was bitten so bad he had to be hospitalized for 10 days, with multiple injuries, including a broken neck ?

To top off the crazieness of this, when wildlife officials and police arrived, they killed the alligator - but nobody is arresting them.

Blanton’s neighbors said they are on his side. "I would have done the same thing if it was out there with my horses," Danielle Jackson told WTSP. "I assumed you were allowed to protect your livestock and your animals. I didn’t know it was illegal," Kelly Cruz told the TV outlet, echoing Jackson’s sentiments.

www.fox10phoenix.com

Man arrested for shooting alligator to protect livestock
A Sumter County man says he is unfairly being charged with violating the state's alligator poaching law after he tried to protect his livestock.
www.fox10phoenix.com
www.fox10phoenix.com
www.offthegridnews.com

Rancher Shoots Alligator That Threatened His Horses – And Gets Arrested - Off The Grid News
A Florida man was arrested for shooting an aggressive alligator, on his own property, that threatened not only his horses but also his stepson. Reginald Blanton, 74, could face up to five years in jail for shooting an alligator that eventually died. Using a 9mm handgun, Blanton took four shots...
www.offthegridnews.com

Attachments