• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Republicans have declared racism is over....Have you?

Is racism over for you?

• Yes..I no longer see black or white just Human beings

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, I still need racism

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
There's no question Zimmerman was a vigilante. He stalked Martin, in the dark, in his vehicle and on foot, armed with a gun and intent that this one wasn't going to "get away" like so many others had.

The only evidence that Trayvon "turned around came back and attack[ed] Zimmerman" is Zimmerman's own words ... the words of someone known to have lied multiple times about this case. And since Zimmerman admitted the shooting, the burden was not on the prosecution to prove that he killed Martin, but on Zimmerman to prove he acted in self-defense.
Following a suspect doesn't meet the legal definition of stalking. Dude, your post is so biased, you should be Obama's Attorney General.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
While I don't doubt those numbers, I do doubt the assumption of bias to the exclusion of all other factors.

Consider the graphic below. Are you assuming schools are more biased against males and that we should close the male/female gap or do you think it more likely males cause more disciplinary problems? If the latter, why do you think that is? If the former, what should we do about it?

EatTheRich

President
None of that demonstrates that institutional racism isn't for the most part gone.
Compared to the days of Jim Crow? Of course things have gotten better. Compared to a society in which race isn't a major predictor of people's outcomes? Well, then it still looks pretty bad.

EatTheRich

President
Yet Wilson is the one who was doing his duty. Wilson was the one who, like the store clerk, Brown attacked. AFAIK, Holder didn't visit the clerk's family either.

Why no concern by the AG for justice? Why does he only care about people of his own race?
You are aware that Holder hasn't been AG since April, right?

What is your evidence that Brown attacked Wilson without provocation?

By "doing his duty" do you mean harassing jaywalkers?

EatTheRich

President
Following a suspect doesn't meet the legal definition of stalking. Dude, your post is so biased, you should be Obama's Attorney General.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0784/Sections/0784.048.html
A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree

(Elsewhere on the same link)
“Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.

Zimmerman both followed Martin (as he admitted to the police dispatcher) and harassed him (he caused Martin to fear that he would be raped, and he had no legitimate purpose in following him). He did so willfully (going so far as to defy police instruction not to do so) and maliciously (expressing the aim that the "coon" wouldn't "get away" this time). And he did so repeatedly (he followed him both in his vehicle and on foot).

How the hell does that not meet the legal definition?

Who's biased?

EatTheRich

President
While I don't doubt those numbers, I do doubt the assumption of bias to the exclusion of all other factors.

Consider the graphic below. Are you assuming schools are more biased against males and that we should close the male/female gap or do you think it more likely males cause more disciplinary problems? If the latter, why do you think that is? If the former, what should we do about it?

I think it is more likely that males cause more disciplinary problems, probably because we are socialized from birth to have a sense of entitlement, and possibly also because of innate biological differences.

There are no major biological differences between races, which do not line up neatly with genetic lineages. The ONLY real difference between people of different races is that they are treated differently by society.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
You are aware that Holder hasn't been AG since April, right?...
Yes. Yet he was AG then, wasn't he? He did got Ferguson to oversee the process and investigation, didn't he? He met with Brown's family but not Wilson's family, didn't he?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0784/Sections/0784.048.html
A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree

(Elsewhere on the same link)
“Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.

Zimmerman both followed Martin (as he admitted to the police dispatcher) and harassed him (he caused Martin to fear that he would be raped, and he had no legitimate purpose in following him). He did so willfully (going so far as to defy police instruction not to do so) and maliciously (expressing the aim that the "coon" wouldn't "get away" this time). And he did so repeatedly (he followed him both in his vehicle and on foot).

How the hell does that not meet the legal definition?

Who's biased?
You missed the word repeatedly. Zimmerman never saw Martin until that night. Hence why the Grand Jury didn't indict him on stalking.

Same for harassment. You missed "serves no legitimate purpose". You do know why Zimmerman was there that night, don't you?

Last edited:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I think it is more likely that males cause more disciplinary problems, probably because we are socialized from birth to have a sense of entitlement, and possibly also because of innate biological differences.

There are no major biological differences between races, which do not line up neatly with genetic lineages. The ONLY real difference between people of different races is that they are treated differently by society.
Agreed on that there are no significant differences between the races. What you allude to, but conveniently ignore when it suits you, are cultural differences.

Put a culture that has a sense of entitlement and machismo (e.g. gangsta behavior) together with a little fear and xenophobia by others and I predict problems will develop.

EatTheRich

President
You missed the word repeatedly. Zimmerman never saw Martin until that night. Hence why the Grand Jury didn't indict him on stalking.

Same for harassment. You missed "serves no legitimate purpose". You do know why Zimmerman was there that night, don't you?
1. I pointed out that he did it repeatedly ... he followed him by vehicle, and later repeated the action by following him on foot.

2. An off-duty Neighborhood Watch volunteer disregarding the explicit instructions of a police dispatcher so he can go looking for trouble (i.e., Black strangers) and indulge his vigilante fantasies? Just how is that a legitimate purpose?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
1. I pointed out that he did it repeatedly ... he followed him by vehicle, and later repeated the action by following him on foot.

2. An off-duty Neighborhood Watch volunteer disregarding the explicit instructions of a police dispatcher so he can go looking for trouble (i.e., Black strangers) and indulge his vigilante fantasies? Just how is that a legitimate purpose?
1. You should research what is meant by "repeatedly" more.

2. On-duty. Yes, he ignored the dispatcher, but that isn't a crime. You have a treasonous fantasy to have the US look like China, but that isn't a crime either. Why should Zimmerman be charged for his wannab-cop fantasy?

EatTheRich

President
1. You should research what is meant by "repeatedly" more.

2. On-duty. Yes, he ignored the dispatcher, but that isn't a crime. You have a treasonous fantasy to have the US look like China, but that isn't a crime either. Why should Zimmerman be charged for his wannab-cop fantasy?
1. Clintonesque legal quibbling to defend something that, whether it meets the legal definition or not, consisted of taking a loaded gun and chasing an unarmed, law-abiding teenager down the street in the dark.

2. Off-duty according to the Chicago Tribune <---- http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-22/news/ct-oped-0222-zorn-20130222_1_trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-zimmerman-claims

3. Ignoring the dispatcher may not have been a crime, but it is a strong indication that he had no legitimate Neighborhood Watch-related purpose for what he was doing.

4. I certainly think there are things to admire about China, but there is much that is ugly about their system as well. And you call that "treasonous." How far are you willing to take the witch hunt? Is Bernie Sanders treasonous for wanting to make the U.S. look more like Sweden? Is Barack Obama treasonous for praising elements of the Canadian model? How about Ron Paul for wanting to emulate libertarian Somalia?

5. He should have been charged because his wannabe-cop fantasy resulted in the death of a child. Now he has been acquitted by a jury and should be allowed to go on with his life.

EatTheRich

President
Agreed on that there are no significant differences between the races. What you allude to, but conveniently ignore when it suits you, are cultural differences.

Put a culture that has a sense of entitlement and machismo (e.g. gangsta behavior) together with a little fear and xenophobia by others and I predict problems will develop.
So if those "cultural differences" consistently result in Blacks having decreased access to education, job opportunities, housing, etc., why do you assume the dysfunction is primarily with Black culture and not with white(-supremacist) culture?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Your reference cites Michael Knox's "Intermediate Range", which does not support your version of events.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Forensic-evidence-both-supports-casts-doubt-on-Zimmerman-claims/18476640
"What you have here is a case where you have two people perceiving one event in two very different ways," Knox concluded. "George Zimmerman is perceiving that Trayvon Martin is a suspicious character, he's doing something wrong. Trayvon Martin perceives it as, 'Why is this guy following me? Why is he staring at me?' What can happen in a situation like that is each person's individual perception causes them to act in a particular way. Their actions collided and turned into this tragic event."