• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Republicans vs Free speech

middleview

President
Supporting Member
A bill before the Florida legislature would require any blogger posting about DeSantis (or any other elected official) must register within five days of their post and must file monthly reports with the state on the 10th day of each month afterwards, if they continue to write blog posts and are compensated.

There is also a bill that would outlaw the democratic party.

Wow....tell me again how Democrats are the fascists.

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
A bill before the Florida legislature would require any blogger posting about DeSantis (or any other elected official) must register within five days of their post and must file monthly reports with the state on the 10th day of each month afterwards, if they continue to write blog posts and are compensated.

Crickets....

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get it... If woke isn't a thing. Why is everyone concerned with desantis? He's free to speak on perceived oppressions and disparity and is able to express beliefs the same as anyone.... Or no?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I don't get it... If woke isn't a thing. Why is everyone concerned with desantis? He's free to speak on perceived oppressions and disparity and is able to express beliefs the same as anyone.... Or no?
But the point of the thread is the two bills attempting to outlaw the democratic party and to force anyone blogging about DeSantis or the legislature must register as if they are lobbyists.

This isn't about "woke"....whatever that is.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
But the point of the thread is the two bills attempting to outlaw the democratic party and to force anyone blogging about DeSantis or the legislature must register as if they are lobbyists.

This isn't about "woke"....whatever that is.
Oops. Yeah..the ban thing is dumb. The lobbying thing...if paid by political party...I dunno....

protectionist

Governor

Democrats are the fascists by suppressing free speech (Twitter, Microsoft, Facebook, etc), by canning OAN & Newsmax, by illegally locking up Jan 6 protestors without a trial, to tile lengths long after the law allows.

The there's the generalities of Democrat fascism attributes>>
1. support of BIG government
2. support of massive regulation of businesses & people
3. support of expansive gun control

You asked.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Oops. Yeah..the ban thing is dumb. The lobbying thing...if paid by political party...I dunno....
Blogging paid by a political party? Hell, how would you enforce it? You think the DNC is paying bloggers? More likely some PAC would pay people. How about all the Russian intel guys blogging? They get paid by a foreign government....try to track them down to force them to register. Will Tyler Durden bother to register? NAH!

How about tweets from One America News reporters? Tweets from Trump?

Lobbyists are not those who write op-eds. They are lobbyists because they actively call on legislators, take them on trips, buy them tickets to NFL games....very different from someone writing a blog.

protectionist

Governor
Nope, I don't. What do you think it is?
You asked >>>

1. the actions of those on the left. Entire cities mired in crime, because of Democrat idiots who defund police, and let criminals back on the street, within hours of being arrested, might be good for starters.

www.foxnews.com

Democrat-run tourist town sees 200% surge in break-ins amid violent crime spike: 'Wildly frustrating'
Asheville, North Carolina, has seen a 200% monthly increase in break-ins amid a violent crime spike that comes as its police department has been hemorrhaging officers.
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com

2. An economy mired with record inflation, brought about by a Democrat president who goes to war with the fossil fuel industry, thereby cutting supply and increasing demand/prices, as manufacturers have to spend more to transport their goods.

3. the actions of the left who rant about racial discrimination, but are perfectly comfortable with racial discrimination (Affirmative Action & American Rescue Plan) as long as blacks are the beneficiaries, and whites are the victims.

4. the support of the left given to LGBT nutjobs, complete with praise for the so-called loony "Pride" parades (what is there to be proud of ?), and lunatic tran MEN posing as women, and shamefully accepting "victories" in women's sports, that they were incapable of winning, competing against other men.

5. the support of the left given to illegal immigration (until the migrants go to their neighborhoods), complete with sanctuary cities, calls for amnesty, and all with a long list of HARMS to the American people.

6. the lack of ability of Democrats, and the left in general, to recognize that a society full of (law-abiding) armed people, is safer than one full of people who are disarmed, and thus vulnerable to criminals, + the lack of ability of the left to realize that Gun Free Zones are green light invitations to mass shooters.

I could add more to this list, but this is enough for starters. More than enough.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Democrats are the fascists by suppressing free speech (Twitter, Microsoft, Facebook, etc), by canning OAN & Newsmax, by illegally locking up Jan 6 protestors without a trial, to tile lengths long after the law allows.

You asked.
Here you are, answering a post about laws before the Florida legislature that would hinder free speech by claiming the democrats did it through Twitter, Microsoft and Facebook...or by kicking OAN and Newsmax off of cable.

Pretty bizarre attempt to excuse the blatant violation of the first amendment.

The people at Twitter have rules about what you can post on their system. Violate that and they may ban you....just like PJ. The FBI warned social media about foreign sources creating fake accounts and publishing propaganda.

OAN and Newsmax were making money by using cable TV resources. If the cable provided decided their ratings sucked, it was up to them to not allow them access in favor of some other content. It had nothing at all to do with "democrats"...if it did then Fox would be cut off.

"expansive gun control"? Like Universal Background Checks?

What republican actually made government smaller?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You asked >>>

1. the actions of those on the left. Entire cities mired in crime, because of Democrat idiots who defund police, and let criminals back on the street, within hours of being arrested, might be good for starters.

www.foxnews.com

Democrat-run tourist town sees 200% surge in break-ins amid violent crime spike: 'Wildly frustrating'
Asheville, North Carolina, has seen a 200% monthly increase in break-ins amid a violent crime spike that comes as its police department has been hemorrhaging officers.
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com

2. An economy mired with record inflation, brought about by a Democrat president who goes to war with the fossil fuel industry, thereby cutting supply and increasing demand/prices, as manufacturers have to spend more to transport their goods.

3. the actions of the left who rant about racial discrimination, but are perfectly comfortable with racial discrimination (Affirmative Action & American Rescue Plan) as long as blacks are the beneficiaries, and whites are the victims.

4. the support of the left given to LGBT nutjobs, complete with praise for the so-called loony "Pride" parades (what is there to be proud of ?), and lunatic tran MEN posing as women, and shamefully accepting "victories" in women's sports, that they were incapable of winning, competing against other men.

5. the support of the left given to illegal immigration (until the migrants go to their neighborhoods), complete with sanctuary cities, calls for amnesty, and all with a long list of HARMS to the American people.

6. the lack of ability of Democrats, and the left in general, to recognize that a society full of (law-abiding) armed people, is safer than one full of people who are disarmed, and thus vulnerable to criminals, + the lack of ability of the left to realize that Gun Free Zones are green light invitations to mass shooters.

I could add more to this list, but this is enough for starters. More than enough.
So Asheville somehow defines "WOKE"? The topic is the Florida legislation that would restrict free speech.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

You asked.
By the way....none of your points are indicative of fascism.
Gun control is not fascism. It is common sense. Universal Background checks to prevent ex-felons from getting guns isn't fascist.
Fascism is government by big business. Labor unions banned. Government support for religions. Imperialism. Militarism.

protectionist

Governor
So Asheville somehow defines "WOKE"? The topic is the Florida legislation that would restrict free speech.
That's the "topic". But the QUESTION was >> "What do you think it is?"

And the (partial) answer is 6 things that I itemized in Post # 10. You're welcome.

EatTheRich

President

You asked.
What fascist regime supported expansive gun control, or failed to position itself as the small-government alternative to the left?

protectionist

Governor
By the way....none of your points are indicative of fascism.
Gun control is not fascism. It is common sense. Universal Background checks to prevent ex-felons from getting guns isn't fascist.
Fascism is government by big business. Labor unions banned. Government support for religions. Imperialism. Militarism.
I didn't say "gun control" was. I said "expansive gun control."

Correct, "Universal Background checks to prevent ex-felons from getting guns isn't fascist."
depending on the degree of "universal"

Government by big business could be fascism, but government by lawless, power-crazy zealots can be too.

I know nothing of any labor unions banned, do you ? If so, what were the reasons ?

Government support for religions is right in the Constitution's first amendment.

The USA is not engaging in any imperialism, nor has it done so for a very long time. It is however the #1 VICTIM of modern day imperialism (remittances$$$), with Mexico, India, and China the top 3 imperialists.

Militarism (like many things) may or may not be connected with fascism. Providing a strong defense is, in no way, fascism.

protectionist

Governor
Here you are, answering a post about laws before the Florida legislature that would hinder free speech by claiming the democrats did it through Twitter, Microsoft and Facebook...or by kicking OAN and Newsmax off of cable.

Pretty bizarre attempt to excuse the blatant violation of the first amendment.

The people at Twitter have rules about what you can post on their system. Violate that and they may ban you....just like PJ. The FBI warned social media about foreign sources creating fake accounts and publishing propaganda.

OAN and Newsmax were making money by using cable TV resources. If the cable provided decided their ratings sucked, it was up to them to not allow them access in favor of some other content. It had nothing at all to do with "democrats"...if it did then Fox would be cut off.

"expansive gun control"? Like Universal Background Checks?

FALSE! I did not attempt to excuse any violation of the first amendment, nor did I even address that.

You asked a question ("tell me again how Democrats are the fascists"), and I answered it.

Newsmax' rating were much better than liberal networks who Direct TV did not cancel. It appears to have had everything to do with Democrats, and Fox is now a partial liberal network even more than it previously was, which was quite liberal, with many liberal show hosts and commentators >> Alan Colmes, Juan Williams, Marie Harf, Chris Wallace, Tamara Holder, Adam Lashinsky, Mara Liasson, Leslie Marshall, Kirsten Powers, Geraldo Rivera, Julie Roginsky, Doug Schoen, Shepard Smith, John Stossel, Jessica Tarlov, et al.

protectionist

Governor
Donald Trump, by
1. cutting numerous government regulations.
2. Obamacare individual mandate penalty gone
3. withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord
4. withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal
5. withdrawl from Afghanistan
6. switched focus to overseas resettlement for Syrian refugees
7. lessened illegal immigration
8. Covid travel bans
9. ban on immigration from terrorist countries
10. Created & signed the MISSION ACT, replacing the failed Obama Choice Act (I gained from this myself)

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Donald Trump, by
1. cutting numerous government regulations.
2. Obamacare individual mandate penalty gone
3. withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord
4. withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal
5. withdrawl from Afghanistan
6. switched focus to overseas resettlement for Syrian refugees
7. lessened illegal immigration
8. Covid travel bans
9. ban on immigration from terrorist countries
10. Created & signed the MISSION ACT, replacing the failed Obama Choice Act (I gained from this myself)
In 2016 there were 2,054,135 employees. By 2021 there were 2,144,744. So he made government smaller by hiring about 100,000 federal employees.

In 2017 the national debt was $20,245,000,000,000 By 2021 it was $29,617,000,000,000.
So he made government smaller by spending $9 trillion more than we had in tax revenue. Spending went up from $4.1 trillion to $7.2 trillion.

His tax cuts cut revenue, but his spending went up....outstanding.

The paris accord was accepted by practically every country on the planet. Trump bailed out and now we are now back in agreement with it. How many jobs have been lost since Jan 2021? You say it would kill jobs. Has it?

The Iran deal stripped Iran of most of it's enriched uranium, most of it's centrifuges and disabled the only reactor they had that could produce plutonium. You said it was one-sided...except that it was signed by the US, the UK, France and Germany...and all agreed at the time Trump withdrew, that Iran was in compliance. By the way....that did not make our government smaller.

Banning immigration from some countries did not make our government smaller.

Pulling thousands of troops out of Afghanistan did not make our government smaller.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I didn't say "gun control" was. I said "expansive gun control."

Correct, "Universal Background checks to prevent ex-felons from getting guns isn't fascist."
depending on the degree of "universal"

Government by big business could be fascism, but government by lawless, power-crazy zealots can be too.

I know nothing of any labor unions banned, do you ? If so, what were the reasons ?

Government support for religions is right in the Constitution's first amendment.

The USA is not engaging in any imperialism, nor has it done so for a very long time. It is however the #1 VICTIM of modern day imperialism (remittances$$$), with Mexico, India, and China the top 3 imperialists.

Militarism (like many things) may or may not be connected with fascism. Providing a strong defense is, in no way, fascism.
Define "expansive gun control".
Universal....all sales of firearms within the borders of the United States.

Lawless, power crazy zealots? Like these guys?
1677962741832.png

Nazi Germany banned independent labor unions.

Building up a military force with the intent of expanding empire is fascism.