• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Right Wing Authoritarianism

write on

Senator
The ideology of extreme conservatism taking over the Republican party.

Not just Liberals, but also sane Republicans, should think long and hard about supporting this scourge of the earth (teabaggers) because they will come after them if they don't adhere to their principals.

We know about right wing authoritarianism in the Middle East. If we didn't have our eyes closed, we know and saw it perpetuated for nearly a decade from our invasion of Iraq in 2003 until we left. We also saw it in previous wars we've fought.

As an example, there is a video of a U.S. soldier beating a sheep to death with a baseball bat and enjoying every minute of it while about 8 or 10 of his fellow soldiers in arms cheering him on. Or another instance when a U. S. soldier found pleasure in throwing a puppy he found in Iraq off a cliff. I use these examples not because the were the worse atrocities our soldiers carried out in Iraq- but to point out how easily the mind of anyone afflicted with Right Wing Authoritarianism act.

I'm not claiming that all of the right wing of today are that extreme. Most of U.S. soldiers proudly and with dignity serve our country. I'm just saying that there are those that are beginning to follow in the same footsteps of extreme conservatism in the world of those that they say they despise but proudly carry on the same acts of crimes against humanity. They may not carry out the same atrocities here, but you know the thought crosses their mind just by the way they talk about Liberals here on this very board.

So remember that when cons continue claiming our military is predominately right wing and vote accordingly---specifically the rising fluctuation and attempted influence in Congress by these extremists.

Think '1984'

Last edited:

Hmmmm

Mayor
The ideology of extreme conservatism taking over the Republican party.

Not just Liberals, but also sane Republicans, should think long and hard about supporting this scourge of the earth (teabaggers) because they will come after them if they don't adhere to their principals.

We know about right wing authoritarianism in the Middle East. If we didn't have our eyes closed, we know and saw it perpetuated for nearly a decade from our invasion of Iraq in 2003 until we left. We also saw it in previous wars we've fought.

As an example, there is a video of a U.S. soldier beating a sheep to death with a baseball bat and enjoying every minute of it while about 8 or 10 of his fellow soldiers in arms cheering him on. Or another instance when a U. S. soldier found pleasure in throwing a puppy he found in Iraq off a cliff. I use these examples not because the were the worse atrocities our soldiers carried out in Iraq- but to point out how easily the mind of anyone afflicted with Right Wing Authoritarianism act.
How are the situations with the soldiers and example of authoritarianism. They are examples of emotionless idiots, possibly suffering PTSD. Their actions show nothing of authoritarianism. Wow.

Figjam

Mayor
I couldn't tell you who authoritarians worship. I can tell you that there is - in contemporary political life - virtually ZERO introspection, reflection, humility, or respect for people of disagreeing viewpoints.
The singular common denominator of posts - left or right - is that of moral trespass of the other.
...Rick, I agree - and recently Ruben Navarrette had a column that describes where we currently find ourselves, politically - This is Rev. Rick Warren talking to Piers Morgan -

"While I may disagree with you on your views on sexuality, it does not give me a right to demean you, to demoralize you, to defame you, to turn you into a demon," he told Morgan.

Warren is absolutely right. We can decide that what someone believes is wrong, but we go too far when we decide that he is a bad person for believing it.

The pastor remembers a time when things were different.

"See, tolerance, Piers, used to mean we treat each other with mutual respect, even if we have major disagreements," he said. "Today tolerance has been changed to mean 'all ideas are equally valid.'"

...as I heard Paul Ryan say today - compromise means you don't get everything you want - I agree and I think that is BETTER for our Country...

write on

Senator
...Rick, I agree - and recently Ruben Navarrette had a column that describes where we currently find ourselves, politically - This is Rev. Rick Warren talking to Piers Morgan -

"While I may disagree with you on your views on sexuality, it does not give me a right to demean you, to demoralize you, to defame you, to turn you into a demon," he told Morgan.

Warren is absolutely right. We can decide that what someone believes is wrong, but we go too far when we decide that he is a bad person for believing it.

"See, tolerance, Piers, used to mean we treat each other with mutual respect, even if we have major disagreements," he said. "Today tolerance has been changed to mean 'all ideas are equally valid.'"

...as I heard Paul Ryan say today - compromise means you don't get everything you want - I agree and I think that is BETTER for our Country...
Warren said what he said ONLY after his son committed suicide from mental illness.

Ryan said what he said because he knows the House is in play in 2014.

write on

Senator
I couldn't tell you who authoritarians worship. I can tell you that there is - in contemporary political life - virtually ZERO introspection, reflection, humility, or respect for people of disagreeing viewnts.
The singular common denominator of posts - left or right - is that of moral trespass of the other.
I couldn't either. I was only taking a guess. And, I have to say that agree with you, Rick.

I just pointed out the similarities with the right wing here and that in the Middle East. They have much in common.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Agree entirely. Our pluralist order is at risk. It doesn't matter which party bleaches it.

write on

Senator
How are the situations with the soldiers and example of authoritarianism. They are examples of emotionless idiots, possibly suffering PTSD. Their actions show nothing of authoritarianism. Wow.
The authoritarianism is what I described in my TP.
Although they are where they are under orders, they do what they do with a sense of satisfaction when they have control and out of chance of ramification. Classic authoritarianism.

I can post photos and videos of the soldiers I'm referencing but I think you know there is no need in me doing so, eh?

Hmmmm

Mayor
The authoritarianism is what I described in my TP.
Although they are where they are under orders, they do what they do with a sense of satisfaction when they have control and out of chance of ramification. Classic authoritarianism.

I can post photos and videos of the soldiers I'm referencing but I think you know there is no need in me doing so, eh?
No need to post pictures as that would prove nothing. It is a waste of my time to discuss anything with you.

write on

Senator
No need to post pictures as that would prove nothing. It is a waste of my time to discuss anything with you.
Um, alright. I replied with an answer to what you found wrong with what I thought. If you think my offer to post videos to justify my answer to you is a waste of your time, then you shouldn't have jumped in on the conversation.

Not my problem.

Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.

Zoar

Governor
Right Wingers love to assert if you do X you must love mutton....

Well, i do not like mutton and i think you Republicans suck. .....)So, put that in your ivory pipe and smoke it.

Hmmmm

Mayor
Um, alright. I replied with an answer to what you found wrong with what I thought. If you think my offer to post videos to justify my answer to you is a waste of your time, then you shouldn't have jumped in on the conversation.

Not my problem.
I will try one last time.

You really didn't reply with an answer. A video showing what you describe isn't an answer to anything I said nor is it justification for anything you said. They are just visualizations of a point I think you incorrectly applied to right-wing authoritarianism. I have seen videos of the events, therefore, they won't change my mind even a little.

The military and all soldiers are by definition authoritarian but they have been used by left-wing, liberal, conservative, and right-wing political systems. Two soldiers performing inhumane acts doesn't imply right-wing anything. It shows that they were sick, whether it was before they entered the service or due to PTSD is unknown and irrelevant to this conversation. The fact that you wish to use those two events as part of your rant, shows why I thought your posts weren't worth discussing.

My view on discussing your post was also fueled by your assertion regarding Ayn Rand. Authoritarians don't worship Ayn Rand as she was the opposite of authoritarian. Some conservatives rally around her views regarding capitalism but they don't like her views regarding personal rights and freedoms in which she had very libertarian leanings even though she disliked being labeled as such.

Figjam

Mayor
Warren said what he said ONLY after his son committed suicide from mental illness.

Ryan said what he said because he knows the House is in play in 2014.
...you can look for the dour side of virtually any statement. If we are to be successful as a Nation we have to continue to give and take while respecting others points of view. It is when they try and impose their views on the masses, that I have a problem.