• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Romney the guy who has it all

Council Member
Now his father really let us know what his family is like, when he said Obama releases his birth cirt.

New raw meat for the right, romney family want to see Obama Birth cirt.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Now his father really let us know what his family is like, when he said Obama releases his birth cirt.

Mr. 8's,

Not for nothing, but that sounds pretty contrived. I thought the Mormons already had the skinny on everybody's family tree.

Council Member
wouldn't it be nice for him to have any policy that doesn't start with I will get rid of?
Name one policy that mitt is behind that he said he will make sure it gets done. I will create jobs, but says nothing about how.
Mitt has said nothing but what what the republicans ran on for 8 years with Bush.
Come on MITT give us something that you will do as a policy that improve the economy besides telling us how successful you were with Bain. what was that 6 out of 10 companies you took over are either gone or mostly over seas!

Council Member
Mr. 8's,

Not for nothing, but that sounds pretty contrived. I thought the Mormons already had the skinny on everybody's family tree.
I guess the romney Father didn't get the word along with most treeparty , i mean teaparty backers.

I can tell you one thing that I have noticed throughout life is that seldom does what a father think, that isn't a part of his child's beliefs.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Pres Obama can tell him he'll RE-release his birth certificate when Romney releases his tax records.

so far Romney is resisting......he doesn't want the public to know that he pays only 15% on his vulture capital income.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
wouldn't it be nice for him to have any policy that doesn't start with I will get rid of?
Name one policy that mitt is behind that he said he will make sure it gets done. I will create jobs, but says nothing about how.
Mitt has said nothing but what what the republicans ran on for 8 years with Bush.
Come on MITT give us something that you will do as a policy that improve the economy besides telling us how successful you were with Bain. what was that 6 out of 10 companies you took over are either gone or mostly over seas!
Mr. 8's,

Here you go:

http://www.mittromney.com/jobs

No, don't thank me, educating you is thanks enough.

Bo-4

Senator

Council Member
Mr. 8's,

Here you go:

http://www.mittromney.com/jobs

No, don't thank me, educating you is thanks enough.
So we have taken the republican stance for the last 50 years, add a little fluff and make generalities that what I say I will do will somehow magically make a different outcome than has ever happened under the same set of principals.

Less taxes collected and since right now the wealthy as you say pay the most taxes, will pay less. More jobs based on the facts that we will need to get rid of the regulations that have come about because of abuses. We need to get rid of union jobs in govt, cut benefits and bring down the wages to equal what we have have been able to drive down wages in the private sector.

He believes if you get rid of regulations, allow the rich to keep more of their money, cut down the cost of govt wages and benefits, end the poor being tied to a blanket of federal help and force them to accept their place in the this great nation ands make it on their own with the help of charity. He wants to open up drilling of oil in places where we have not allowed before because to do so it will cause more jobs, but says that somehow people here in the USA are going to produce the things needed that are coming from outside the USA right now due to low cost labor and no benefits or any regulations.

I read everything he offers and its the same old garbage that the right says, but never does except for the part about cutting taxes and getting rid of regulations that keep us safe and going after the middle class.

All LACE AND FLUFF, no red meat, and nothing new. So what you want everyone to do is send a better looking, better dressed, better talking BUSH to the white house to do the exact same thing as you guys have been fighting for that never gets done, help the people who need help, unless you believe the wealthy need help, is purely BS.

Friday13

Governor
Contrived?

Asked at a Romney campaign event whether his father would follow decades of precedent and release his tax returns, Mitt Romney's adult son Matt quoted the most recent Tea Party line, saying:

"... As soon as President Obama releases his grades, and birth certificate, and sort of a long list of things, then maybe he will."

Romney's "birther" family

OldGaffer

Governor
So we have taken the republican stance for the last 50 years, add a little fluff and make generalities that what I say I will do will somehow magically make a different outcome than has ever happened under the same set of principals.

Less taxes collected and since right now the wealthy as you say pay the most taxes, will pay less. More jobs based on the facts that we will need to get rid of the regulations that have come about because of abuses. We need to get rid of union jobs in govt, cut benefits and bring down the wages to equal what we have have been able to drive down wages in the private sector.

He believes if you get rid of regulations, allow the rich to keep more of their money, cut down the cost of govt wages and benefits, end the poor being tied to a blanket of federal help and force them to accept their place in the this great nation ands make it on their own with the help of charity. He wants to open up drilling of oil in places where we have not allowed before because to do so it will cause more jobs, but says that somehow people here in the USA are going to produce the things needed that are coming from outside the USA right now due to low cost labor and no benefits or any regulations.

I read everything he offers and its the same old garbage that the right says, but never does except for the part about cutting taxes and getting rid of regulations that keep us safe and going after the middle class.

All LACE AND FLUFF, no red meat, and nothing new. So what you want everyone to do is send a better looking, better dressed, better talking BUSH to the white house to do the exact same thing as you guys have been fighting for that never gets done, help the people who need help, unless you believe the wealthy need help, is purely BS.
Star!

TomFitz

Mayor

Am I missing something here? George Romney has been dead for 17 years.

Friday13

Governor
Mutt's a failure...

Mitt Romney is attempting to establish himself as the Republican presidential candidate with the most credibility on job creation, but the former Massachusetts governor may have trouble defending his record. During Romney's tenure as governor, Massachusetts' job growth was bested by every state in the nation except three, including Hurricane Katrina-devastated Louisiana. As CEO of Bain Capital, Romney profited as five of the companies under his firm's direction went bankrupt, and thousands of workers lost their jobs. One particularly brutal round of firings came back to haunt Romney during his failed 1994 Senate campaign, when laid-off workers protested his candidacy.

Romney's "jobs record" is a sham
According to our new analysis, the economic plan offered yesterday by GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney would deliver a massive $6.6 trillion tax cut that would primarily benefit the very wealthy and corporations. After accounting for the added interest costs that we’ll have to pay, the total cost of Romney’s plan grows to $7.8 trillion over the next 10 years.

Romney lays out several tax policies, all of which primarily benefit the super wealthy.

– Extend all the Bush tax cuts: While everyone got a tax cut from President Bush, the extremely wealthy got the lion’s share of the benefit. In 2010, fully half of the entire benefit from all of the Bush tax cuts flowed to the richest 5 percent of Americans. Extending them all (plus indexing the Alternative Minimum Tax to inflation) will cost nearly $4 trillion, not including interest costs.

– Eliminate capital gains taxes for middle income households: Capital gains tax rates are already extraordinarily low, but middle class Americans don’t enjoy much benefit from that. According to the Tax Policy Center, 67 percent of the entire benefit from lower capital gains tax rates goes to millionaires. Romney’s proposal won’t cost much because it won’t benefit many people.

– Cut corporate taxes: Romney’s proposal to cut the corporate rate by about a third would cost more than $900 billion. Needless to say, this cut would benefit mainly the very rich and corporations.

– Eliminate estate taxes: Right now, only the very biggest, richest fraction of a percent of all estates pay any tax at all. Eliminating even this paltry amount would cost about $175 billion, and would, of course, only benefit a few extremely wealthy heirs and heiresses.

Romney's "economic plan"

Council Member
You know what is really funny with Capitol gains and dividends, most people in the middle class have their savings in 401k's and or IRA's or SIPS. all of which have their dividends go directly into their accounts and you pay the full tax on all the money that you paid in and all the gains which would include your capitol gains do us no good.

The capitol gains, div's, did the middle class hardly nothing. The rich lowered their average tax rates by 8 to 14 % because of the two.

TomFitz

Mayor
Yeah, I saw that, but I just shrugged it off as a clever gaffe.

I wonder if people think its a gaffe or a clever dog whistle.

Yes, the corporate and liberal media are having a field day going on about it. But they would anyway.

The remark could be interpreted as a dog whistle to the far right. This technique works well on this group. They all go out of their way to deny the underlying bigotry that exists with a certain portion of this group. So, you can only play to it with this kind of remark. There were several examples of that during 2010.

So, was Romney's son deployed to drop a dime into the slime bucket, or did he really misspeak??????

Minotaur

Governor
Mr. 8's,

They do have the database and there is no way on planet earth I would search my family tree because of it. Think government info gathering is bad? Mormon info mining is brilliant because people beg for it. LOL