• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

"Ron Desantis for President 2024" – I'm out . . .

1678894765120.png

Photo Above- Talking head Cuban makes a snap decision on a pitch for Russian global domination
Not Shown - Ron DeSantis saying he can re-engineer his foreign policy ideas to work better

My readers will agree that I've had little good to say about DeSantis over the past year or so. The best I could muster is “I'm waiting to see his tax ideas”, and “he has yet to give a foreign policy speech”.

Well, DeSantis DID address foreign policy yesterday. If elected president, he plans to cut Ukraine loose, to fend for itself.

I know . . I know. This is a reiteration of the traditional conservative world view. America first!!! – everyone else can go pound sand. Nothing new in that really. And tactically, DeSantis is trying to put daylight between himself and BOTH Biden and Trump.

Trump also addressed Ukraine recently. He has a secret plan “which will end the war in one day”. But he's not telling us what it is. I hope it's not building a wall and making Russia pay for it. I've heard that one somewhere before . . .

Biden recently visited Zelenskyy in Ukraine. Brought a consolation present of new weapons, when he heard Mr. Z wouldn't be invited to this year's Academy Awards. The Brits, France and Germany chipped in with more bullets and bombs too. Another reason for conservatives to take a step back. They hate anything that smacks of globalization, or unity with Europe. But many conservatives DO agree, in hindsight, that helping win World War 1, World War 2, and standing fast against the USSR during the cold war turned out to have good outcomes.

DeSantis draws the line at Ukraine.

I was already annoyed with DeSantis when (last month) he floated his “blog catcher/blog licensing” plan. To make sure no stray political blog bit him. I opined (in this forum) that it seemed obviously illegal, given the existence of the 1st Amendment (free speech). Ultra orthodox conservatives immediately began shrieking at me. Claiming censorship is still allowed at the state/local level. Even as they contradict themselves by claiming local bans on gun ownership CANNOT be legal.

I allowed DeSantis his first air-ball with the blog bite thing. Rookie mistake, and all that. But I'm becoming convinced he's a guy with minimal core principles, untutored in constitutional protections, and no concept that democracies need nurturing – both here and abroad.

We're founding members of a club called NATO. Its job is to protect Europe. AND North America. I disagree with Biden's refusal to let NATO do it's damn job. They've been around since 1952. We've spent trillions arming them, housing the soldiers, and having pretend war games. Never fired a real shot in anger, though. Not one.

If we can't use NATO now, because of “Rooshin Nukes”, then we never could have used it, ever. Russia has had nukes since the Rosenbergs sold them the secrets. We've wasted 70 years on NATO if a dictator's speech about nuclear retaliation upends 70 years of global peace strategy.

You're either for Democracy, or you're against it, Mr. DeSantis. You can't just kick back with a “Bahama Mama” at Walt Disney World ®, and leave the rest of the planet to fend for itself. No matter how relaxing that seems.

I'm done with Biden, Trump and DeSantis. As they say on Shark Tank - “always choose attitude over experience”. Okay then - who's up next, to make THEIR pitch?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
View attachment 74348

Photo Above- Talking head Cuban makes a snap decision on a pitch for Russian global domination
Not Shown - Ron DeSantis saying he can re-engineer his foreign policy ideas to work better

My readers will agree that I've had little good to say about DeSantis over the past year or so. The best I could muster is “I'm waiting to see his tax ideas”, and “he has yet to give a foreign policy speech”.

Well, DeSantis DID address foreign policy yesterday. If elected president, he plans to cut Ukraine loose, to fend for itself.

I know . . I know. This is a reiteration of the traditional conservative world view. America first!!! – everyone else can go pound sand. Nothing new in that really. And tactically, DeSantis is trying to put daylight between himself and BOTH Biden and Trump.

Trump also addressed Ukraine recently. He has a secret plan “which will end the war in one day”. But he's not telling us what it is. I hope it's not building a wall and making Russia pay for it. I've heard that one somewhere before . . .

Biden recently visited Zelenskyy in Ukraine. Brought a consolation present of new weapons, when he heard Mr. Z wouldn't be invited to this year's Academy Awards. The Brits, France and Germany chipped in with more bullets and bombs too. Another reason for conservatives to take a step back. They hate anything that smacks of globalization, or unity with Europe. But many conservatives DO agree, in hindsight, that helping win World War 1, World War 2, and standing fast against the USSR during the cold war turned out to have good outcomes.

I was already annoyed with DeSantis when (last month) he floated his “blog catcher/blog licensing” plan. To make sure no stray political blog bit him. I opined (in this forum) that it seemed obviously illegal, given the existence of the 1st Amendment (free speech). Ultra orthodox conservatives immediately began shrieking at me. Claiming censorship is still allowed at the state/local level. Even as they contradict themselves by claiming local bans on gun ownership CANNOT be legal.

I allowed DeSantis his first air-ball with the blog bite thing. Rookie mistake, and all that. But I'm becoming convinced he's a guy with minimal core principles, untutored in constitutional protections, and no concept that democracies need nurturing – both here and abroad.

We're founding members of a club called NATO. Its job is to protect Europe. AND North America. I disagree with Biden's refusal to let NATO do it's damn job. They've been around since 1952. We've spent trillions arming them, housing the soldiers, and having pretend war games. Never fired a real shot in anger, though. Not one.

If we can't use NATO now, because of “Rooshin Nukes”, then we never could have used it, ever. Russia has had nukes since the Rosenbergs sold them the secrets. We've wasted 70 years on NATO if a dictator's speech about nuclear retaliation upends 70 years of global peace strategy.

You're either for Democracy, or you're against it, Mr. DeSantis. You can't just kick back with a “Bahama Mama” at Walt Disney World ®, and leave the rest of the planet to fend for itself. No matter how relaxing that seems.

I'm done with Biden, Trump and DeSantis. As they say on Shark Tank - “always choose attitude over experience”. Okay then - who's up next, to make THEIR pitch?
Nato participated in our invasion of Afghanistan as 911 was considered an attack on a Nato member. The French were actually the first non US troops on the ground in Afghanistan. There were also UK, Polish, Australian, Canadian and others that were on the ground with us.

Allies matter:
A few days after 911 the USS Winston Churchill was signaled that the German Destroyer Lutjens want to render honors...Note the American flag flying from the mast.

1678906517251.png

Last edited:

Boca

Governor
View attachment 74348

So you will be voting for Biden again

Nato participated in our invasion of Afghanistan as 911 was considered an attack on a Nato member. The French were actually the first non US troops on the ground in Afghanistan. There were also UK, Polish, Australian, Canadian and others that were on the ground with us.

Allies matter:
A few days after 911 the USS Winston Churchill was signaled that the German Destroyer Lutjens want to render honors...Note the American flag flying from the mast.

View attachment 74349

Youve demolished the talking point that NATO can't ukraine -only actual NATO members. Thank you. Wait - weren't you among those claiming ukraine is inelgible for NATO no fly zone exclusion?

Jack4freedom

Governor
Nikki Haley is it. Joe Biden will be the Dem nominee and no other Republican, except DeSantis maybe, is getting in.
I kind of liked Nikki until I heard her open her mouth as a Presidential candidate. He idiocy at CPAC was it for me. She ranted about wokeness (whatever the fvck that is) as a deadly virus which is the greatest danger to America. She has obviously drank a belly full of the bullshit DeSantis koolade and is vying for a run alongside DeSantis for POTUS in 2024. Very Dissappointing.