• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

SCOTUS hearts boobies too

NightSwimmer

Senator
Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets

By MICHAEL RUBINKAM
Associated Press

The Supreme Court on Monday rejected an appeal from a Pennsylvania school district that tried to ban students from wearing "I (heart) Boobies!" bracelets to promote breast cancer awareness, ending a case that began more than three years ago with the suspension of two middle-school girls who refused a principal's order to take them off.

The justices left in place a federal appeals court ruling from August that found the bracelets were not "plainly lewd," nor had they caused a disruption. The lower court sided with two students who sued the Easton Area School District in 2010 with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union.

gigi

Mayor
My son has one of those bracelets as do most of his friends. They don't wear them to make a statement about breast cancer awareness.

It's sad what we're becoming, teaching our kids to sue schools over every decision they disagree with, humiliating faculty and stripping them of their authority over boobie bracelets and NRA T- shirts. We're raising a generation of victims instead of allowing them to learn the difference between the small stuff we don't need to sweat and the real important things in life. How are they supposed to realize that sometimes a person in authority may seem like he's making an unreasonable request, but you're not gonna die by complying with a little thing like a dress code?

All the time and money that went into this suit could have gone to doing something real to raise awareness of breast cancer and give real help to real victims, and the girls could have worn the bracelets for the 18 hours a day that they aren't in school.
I imagine these parents think they're raising a few movers and shakers.

crowfoot

Mayor
My son has one of those bracelets as do most of his friends. They don't wear them to make a statement about breast cancer awareness.

It's sad what we're becoming, teaching our kids to sue schools over every decision they disagree with, humiliating faculty and stripping them of their authority over boobie bracelets and NRA T- shirts. We're raising a generation of victims instead of allowing them to learn the difference between the small stuff we don't need to sweat and the real important things in life. How are they supposed to realize that sometimes a person in authority may seem like he's making an unreasonable request, but you're not gonna die by complying with a little thing like a dress code?

All the time and money that went into this suit could have gone to doing something real to raise awareness of breast cancer and give real help to real victims, and the girls could have worn the bracelets for the 18 hours a day that they aren't in school.
nope. they are being taught that authority for authority's sake doesnt cut it anymore. good on em

NightSwimmer

Senator

I'd say this whole event raised awareness, but who will protect our children from booby bracelets now?