• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

SCOTUS striking a blow for Representative Governance...against unelected bureaucratic authoritarianism

RickWA

Snagglesooth
There is always the opportunity to contest agency rules within the US federal government. Can't speak to state rules, but that isn't what is being ruled on in the USSC.
So why do you only want “democracy” and representative governance when claims of such are helpful to the DNC pet agenda? Don’t you have any principles…or is it all purely liquid? Mere selective methodology to be toggled off and on…

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So why do you only want “democracy” and representative governance when claims of such are helpful to the DNC pet agenda? Don’t you have any principles…or is it all purely liquid? Mere selective methodology to be toggled off and on…
We have a representative democracy...didn't you get the memo?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
By the way, dare I say it? The era of big government is over!!!
If only…

It seems like any modest successes in paring down the state is fleeting - like a brief remission, only to see the cancer grow more quickly than ever before. We shall see.

protectionist

Governor
I grew up in Pittsburgh...if not for the EPA it would still look like this

View attachment 71117
Another one of the results of excess immigration.

Harms of illegal immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).
2. Wage reduction.
3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).
4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($148 Billion/year). Remittance flows by country 2017 | Pew Research Center
5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.
6. Increased crime.
7. Increased traffic congestion.
8. Increased pollution.
9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.
10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.
11. Overcrowding in government offices.
12. Overcrowding in schools.
13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.
14. Cultural erosion.
15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)
16. Introduction of foreign diseases ) & Covid
17. Influx of terrorists.
18. Wildfires
19. Litter
20. Housing saturation.
21. Excessively high housing costs.

EatTheRich

President
Another one of the results of excess immigration.

Harms of illegal immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).
2. Wage reduction.
3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).
4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($148 Billion/year). Remittance flows by country 2017 | Pew Research Center
5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.
6. Increased crime.
7. Increased traffic congestion.
8. Increased pollution.
9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.
10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.
11. Overcrowding in government offices.
12. Overcrowding in schools.
13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.
14. Cultural erosion.
15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)
16. Introduction of foreign diseases ) & Covid
17. Influx of terrorists.
18. Wildfires
19. Litter
20. Housing saturation.
21. Excessively high housing costs.
Don’t most “illegal immigrants” come from more overcrowded countries with more inefficient industry and fewer effective pollution controls? Wouldn’t allowing more of them into the U.S. (although ideally they would be able to come as legal immigrants with equal rights to any citizens’) thereby alleviating those problems? Those two points stand up to scrutiny about as well as the rest of your list.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
…A crazy dream…

Sorry. Big Led Zepplin fan here. LOVE it! :)
Me too Rick. But I felt they became victims of their own success (or debauchery?) after the first couple of albums (their first is right up there among the best of all time). But in fact, as far as I'm concerned, the epitome of their musical achievement was this:

It simply doesn''t get better than that. Not bad for playing outdoors in the rain. That's the high water mark for rock and roll in my view. After that is was all disco and pop (until grunge came along).

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Me too Rick. But I felt they became victims of their own success (or debauchery?) after the first couple of albums (their first is right up there among the best of all time). But in fact, as far as I'm concerned, the epitome of their musical achievement was this:

It simply doesn''t get better than that. Not bad for playing outdoors in the rain. That's the high water mark for rock and roll in my view. After that is was all disco and pop (until grunge came along).
Amen, brother! Preach! :)

EatTheRich

President
and for Democracy

EPA’s loss is major win for democracy (msn.com)

Threads in PJ show leftist hate Democracy
I don’t know about the legal facts of the case (although I find it suspicious that the current radical right-wing court is reversing the precedent set by a more mainstream conservative court). If the EPA doesn’t have the statutory authority to issue general regulations regarding greenhouse gases, it is an affront to rule of law to let them assume the authority anyway. But regardless of how we get there, if we do not aggressively cut greenhouse gas emissions quickly, we are guaranteed the kind of harsh dictatorship under which alone survival can be maintained in the face of the hellish climate conditions we are guaranteeing for millennia of posterity.