• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Selling coffee too hard? Or .. Selling coffee too hard!!

EatTheRich

President
Even a hermit must work or starve. You think food and shelter just falls into one’s lap?
Right (with one glaring exception—the ruling classes who though producing little to nothing of value are supported at the expense of the exploited labor of the masses). So the real question is the conditions of work, which are determined by class struggle.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Right (with one glaring exception—the ruling classes who though producing little to nothing of value are supported at the expense of the exploited labor of the masses). So the real question is the conditions of work, which are determined by class struggle.
aaah...full circle...

start your own coffee business..... go on...skeddadle.... do it 'the right way'

EatTheRich

President
aaah...full circle...

start your own coffee business..... go on...skeddadle.... do it 'the right way'
So your solution to the problem of exploitation is for everyone to have the millions of dollars required to start a business, and still somehow be able to hire a workforce?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So your solution to the problem of exploitation is for everyone to have the millions of dollars required to start a business, and still somehow be able to hire a workforce?
huh? no. what i proposed was a solution to your whining...

you seemingly have a complaint about everything that requires any exertion or effort... just a blanket..'it's exploitation, waaa'. or something similar.

go do it better. starbucks started with nothing....in a stall in a market in seattle.

you know better... go do it....

i know you both can't, and even if you did have some impetus, you wouldnt, because you have zero impetus. yours is but to complain and remain inert foisting your shortcomings on the world by way of excuse making.and blaming anything else

EatTheRich

President
huh? no. what i proposed was a solution to your whining...

you seemingly have a complaint about everything that requires any exertion or effort... just a blanket..'it's exploitation, waaa'. or something similar.

go do it better. starbucks started with nothing....in a stall in a market in seattle.

you know better... go do it....

i know you both can't, and even if you did have some impetus, you wouldnt, because you have zero impetus. yours is but to complain and remain inert foisting your shortcomings on the world by way of excuse making.and blaming anything else
No. My issue is with those who don’t work because they are privileged by reason of class reaping the benefits of the labor of those who must work harder in order to carry the privileged on their backs. Starbucks won the competition with other coffee houses because they were the most ruthless in profiting from the unremunerated labor of their employees … and because in addition to the thousands of dollars required for the initial rental of space and equipment the investors also had the money (that is, the accumulated produce of past labor, concentrated in the hands of those who did a fraction of the labor if any) to muscle aside the competition, weather the inevitable ups and downs of the market, and finance rapid expansion.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No. My issue is with those who don’t work because they are privileged by reason of class reaping the benefits of the labor of those who must work harder in order to carry the privileged on their backs. Starbucks won the competition with other coffee houses because they were the most ruthless in profiting from the unremunerated labor of their employees … and because in addition to the thousands of dollars required for the initial rental of space and equipment the investors also had the money (that is, the accumulated produce of past labor, concentrated in the hands of those who did a fraction of the labor if any) to muscle aside the competition, weather the inevitable ups and downs of the market, and finance rapid expansion.
Actually..they had a good product that people wanted. They are entitled to the fruits of their labor. You don't like that. Therefore you malign it.

Petty jealousy.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No. An example of a typical barista’s experience … everyone is working at the same pace and hundreds are participating in the protest because they feel dehumanized.
Well it wasn't my fault, I've never bought their coffee for the Rich and really surprised you buy their coffee!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Which has nothing to do with the expectation of serving a new customer every 10 seconds for 4 hours until your first break while person after person is screaming at you for not being fast enough.
Sounds like a person experience and problem
If so terrible why work there?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It’s a skill for which there is consumer demand requiring that people do it. Therefore those people that society demands take those jobs should be able to live without abuse and afford the basic necessities of life.
"society demands take those jobs"

are you serious!

Try digging a 100' ditch with a pick and shovel

EatTheRich

President
Actually..they had a good product that people wanted. They are entitled to the fruits of their labor. You don't like that. Therefore you malign it.

Petty jealousy.
I am the one saying the people creating the product are entitled to the fruits of their labor. You are the one mocking them for trying to get the fruits of their labor because you don’t think they toil hard enough while creating that good product that people want.