• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Sharia Law. Here we come!

OKLAHOMA CITY – An amendment that would ban Oklahoma courts from considering international or Islamic law discriminates against religions and a Muslim community leader has the right to challenge its constitutionality, a federal appeals court said Tuesday.

The court in Denver upheld U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange's order blocking implementation of the amendment shortly after it was approved by 70 percent of Oklahoma voters in November 2010.

Muneer Awad, the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Oklahoma, sued to block the law from taking effect, arguing that the Save Our State Amendment violated his First Amendment rights.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Fed Court Blocks Okla. Ban on Sharia Law

Really. They will defend it however calling us religious zealots, and separation of church and state and all that crap.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
you should use your smarts to teach Al and the rest of the cons here why it is that the Constitution trumps silliness like this state's amendment.

Lapcat

Governor
As if HIS 2nd amendment rights trumps the rights of everyone ELSE in the state.

Yeah...run with that, idiot anti-Americans/leftists/usurpers. See how far that gets ya.

Cicero

Mayor
I have no problem with the judicial process. I have a problem with leftwingers wanting Islamic laws to supersede the laws of this nation simply because leftwingers hate this nation.

Lapcat

Governor
Well....one thing is for sure. We sure as HELL can't count on lefties using their ""smarts"" to teach/explain/demonstrate or prove any damned thing.

you should use your smarts to teach Al and the rest of the cons here why it is that the Constitution trumps silliness like this state's amendment.

Cicero

Mayor
One notes that leftwingers always shriek "We don't want to pass this or that" . . . and then inevitably they do their very, very best to pass this or that; just as long as it helps to destroy their own nation. Fascinating pathology, isn't it?

Cicero

Mayor
They think that it proves they are not religiously intolerant . . . apparently having no concept of what is MEANT by the term law or that in this case the 'law' is designed to turn females into slaves and market place animals.

Because I am not of that mind, I still find it hard to believe that they do this on purpose. I ask myself if they do what they do mindlessly for the good of humankind without even thinking of the consequences.
Then after my nap, I think, sure they know what they are doing and they are destroying this country to make it more to their liking.
Will they ever be surprised if that ever comes true.

fairsheet

Senator
Funny thing is....this law doesn't simply ban Sharia. It ALSO bans any sort of Judeo-Christian and/or Biblical influence on civil law. And yeah....I'm sure its advocates would suggest that it would never come to that...and that their INTENT is only to apply it in the remote instance of Sharia.

BUT....that's not what the law actually SAYS. So..if we pass a law forbidding ANY religious influence, but we only apply it to religions "we don't like", that IS a de facto "civil rights" issue.

Cicero

Mayor
Seven-eighths of them are emotions driven dupes. One eighth of them are like Obama, deliberately using all those useful idiots to advance their own plots.

Funnier yet is that you are wrong. Perhaps you need to read the courts opinion for doing this.

Backers argued that the amendment intended to ban all religious laws, that Islamic law was merely named as an example and that it wasn't meant as a specific attack on Muslims. The court disagreed.

"That argument conflicts with the amendment's plain language, which mentions Sharia law in two places," the appeals court opinion said.

Cicero

Mayor
If the law had exclusively banned Sharia Law then leftwingers would have howled about bigotry and religious intolerance. That's what they do. . . and then the nation gets worse by just that new margin after the howling, shrieking leftwingers get their way again.

Of course this time, with Sharia Law they are essentially trying to promote something that is fundamentally anti-female and anti-human rights in general and in the worst ways. Fascinating, isn't it?

Cicero

Mayor
We have already seen the writing on the wall where leftwingers and Sharia Law is concerned. They are going to keep chipping away until they succeed in establishing little law enclaves that supersede just enough of the laws of the land to turn those enclaves into hell on Earth for women. That's what happened in England and now the British are struggling to fix the resulting problems and horrors.

Isn't it odd that when all is said and done leftwingers turn out to be the women despising misogynists?

I think our laws should be free of all religious input, including any Christian Sect. If people believe what they are saying in replies to this post, they should feel the same. And as a footnote, even if 99% of the people vote for a law, if it violates our constitution, then it can not stand. One of the main functions of our Constitution is to safeguard minorities from the majority.

Cicero

Mayor
One of the first things leftwing fanatics did in England to create autonomous little pockets of Sharia community law was to do so via the promotion of religious equality. Since such laws were part of the religions foundations it was necessary that such communities be allowed to abide by Sharia Law. For women living in such communities where common British law wasn't even allowed to step foot or investigate, it really was hell on Earth . . . courtesy of that nation's fanatical leftwingers.

Now leftwingers are gearing up to try the same thing here . . . only we already know what happened in England and are ready to fight them tooth and nail. So, enjoy.