• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Should the U.S. bomb Assad's forces in Syria within the next month?

Should the U.S. bomb Assad's forces in Syria within the next month?

• Yes: I agree with McCain. Syria should be bombed now.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No, I agree with Panetta. Syria should not be bombed now.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I agree with both McCain and Panetta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither: I disagree with both McCain and Panetta

• Not sure

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Don't care

• Total voters

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Titania,

War is NEVER moral. The best that can be hoped for is an attitude such as the one Abraham Lincoln expressed in his second inaugural address.

http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres32.html

To be honest, I think that Obama expressed a similar attitude toward war to Lincoln's in his Nobel Peace Prize speech. See video below.

I don't know about Cameron or Tony Blair. You can judge them more accurately than I can.

That said, please never think that I think that war is moral in any sense.

As to Syria being a possible spark to World War III, see my response to jammer above.

[video=youtube;AORo-YEXxNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AORo-YEXxNQ[/video]

No Gaddafi was a Tyrant so is Assad and others, to many to mention. We have helped to keep them all so, have we not ? Some we even help onto their 'thrones', did we not ?
These are increadably complex and very Ancient Lands. When it suits us, as it has recently, they are baddies so we zap them and when it suits us they are ok just abit of a bully but you know 'these Arabs need a strong hand' ....lost myself ......oh yes

To think that we have any right to interfer is not only illegal but it is without due care of the peoples or their Lands. As aweful as it is to watch people in such a terrible plight how on earth can our much much worse violence help ? If our so called leaders ( I spit ) really really wanted to help ( as they did on the Gold Coast at the same time as Libya ? Just as frightful a massacre, worse even ) there would be no wars at all IRP None at all. If there was no 'Politics' going on, just real care, all Nations together would be helping to stop all massacres by peacful means.

This is business, no more nor less. What should we do ? We are not in a position to do anything, neither of our countries have a moral leg to stand on. Not even half a moral leg.

The moment the Egyptians ousted Mubarack who was on the first plane to Cairo ? Cameron ( I spit ) and who did he take with him ? Arms dealers. Who was on the next plane ? La Clinton( I double spit ) upping the back handers to the Military to make sure they brutalise the Egyptian people more !!!!!! We are dirty IRP to pretend that our reasons and therefore any out come of our interferences would be for the good of the people is not to know ourselves.

But Syria would be the beginning of WW111 .............................. and whether it happens or not is down to the American people. No one else at all.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
And go back in History ...go past 2000 years and you will find our roots, all of our roots of knowledge are in the very places that we are now turning to ashes. What does that say about us ?

I as most of us in Britain have come to terms, somewhat, of what the Bristish Empire was and did, we know ourselves, the good and the bad, but never ever did I imagine that we could be capable of such pure evil as we are now engaged in with your countries 'leaders' and the dreadful Israeli Gov. Actually if only the moderate and sane Israelis would overthrow their monsters we could all sleep easy in our beds at night.
As an American Jew, I very much hope that the Netanyahu administration is soon replaced.

Council Member
Bombing as I have read and listen to people will not work because you would have to bomb both sides to get it done because it's in the town. The only thing that can be done that would work is ground forces. We could give weapons but there isn't really a stable force that is together to say yes this will work.

No it needs to come from the countries of that area, not the USA making the call.

No War is never moral, darling and yet ---- and yet it is for the sake morality alone that there is any talk of going into Syria ?

I am sleepy now so am not going to listen to Obama again now, he always puts me to sleep anyway :) But his Award did not go down well anywhere other than 'at home' and they are words, just words. We shall have to see, eh ? proof of the pudding and all that ............

I shan't bore you with my thoughts on British Politicians, I dislike them all, there is not one decent one amongst them any more. Was there ever ? I dislike Politicians as a breed but they were far better and more interesting when they had had a life before politics. Now they are the bloody PM before they are out of nappies and the corruption is .........nah I shan't begin :)

Night night sweet, and just think PEACE in our time xxxxx

fairsheet

Senator
As I babbled yesterday, I'm alright with Sen. McCain speechifying about bombing Syria. He's one of the few public figures who can credibly present such an option and it's good that it's on the table for discussion. I don't think we should do it. I'm confident that we won't do it. But, it's good that we talk about it so we understand why it's such a bad idea.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Or perhaps like Bosnia. We carpet bombed the place.......
Being an American, I hate having to say this, but we haven't carpet-bombed anybody since Cambodia/Vietnam, and I don't think we should ever do so again despite the fact that we are damn good at it.

You carpet bombed Yugoslavia BitterPill, ask any soldier who was there or any civillian living there then or their families. The Yugoslavs were pleading for you too stop.