• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Shouldn’t wingers be thanking Biden for our low gas prices?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Sure you dodged it. You were asked whether you give any credit to Biden for falling gas prices and you completely dodged that question, yapping about “a recession” instead. You’re still dodging it.
And I cited the Times' report as evidence that I in fact do. You just refuse to take yes for an answer.

Bugsy McGurk

President
And I cited the Times' report as evidence that I in fact do. You just refuse to take yes for an answer.
I would take yes for an answer. So let’s try again…

Do you give Biden the credit for our falling gas prices?

I’ll make it multiple choice for you:

A. Yes
B. No
C. I will dissemble again

Your answer?

Raoul_Luke

I would take yes for an answer. So let’s try again…

Do you give Biden the credit for our falling gas prices?

I’ll make it multiple choice for you:

A. Yes
B. No
C. I will dissemble again

Your answer?
\

Yes, thanks to his recession the price of oil is declining:

Bugsy McGurk

President

Raoul_Luke

I just KNEW you would go with “C”. More dissembling. You’re nothing if not predictable. For bonus “deplorable points” you link to a site with a paywall.

;-)
LOL! I cited the (relevant) facts and it is the New York Times!!! The only one "dissembling" here is you!

Raoul_Luke

Calm down. I won’t ask you again to give credit to Biden for something. I know it gives you palpitations. You’re a hack.
Yet here I sit, giving him full credit for the recession that is driving down oil prices. The only "hack" in this debate is you!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yet here I sit, giving him full credit for the recession that is driving down oil prices. The only "hack" in this debate is you!
Nope. You give him no credit for the lower gas prices. You give him blame for fears of a recession. You know that. You’re dodging and dissembling. It’s just what you do.

Raoul_Luke

Nope. You give him no credit for the lower gas prices. You give him blame for fears of a recession. You know that. You’re dodging and dissembling. It’s just what you do.
But, as I clearly demonstrated, the factual reporting on the matter says the recession fears have led to the lower gas prices. I'm not the one dodging and dissembling here - you are!

Bugsy McGurk

President
But, as I clearly demonstrated, the factual reporting on the matter says the recession fears have led to the lower gas prices. I'm not the one dodging and dissembling here - you are!
Translation: So, I give Biden no credit for the decreasing gas prices. I only blame him when they go up. After all, I’m a shameless hack!

Tom Facts

Council Member
Come on, these are the same folks who cover their eyes at oil companies… the actual people raising prices… making record profits in decades. The same people also overlooking how much oil exports have increased.

EatTheRich

President
Most of that relates to messaging, and I certainly agree that Biden and the Dems are awful at messaging. Nothing new there.

I’m not sure what you expected him to do about the abortion decision. The SCOTUS wingers took it upon themselves to remove that right, and there’s nothing a president can do to change that.

Interest rates? The Fed controls them. Not the president.

I’m sure not wild about Biden. He’s uninspiring. We would, but for the illegal Kremlin/Trump interference in the 2016 election, be in the second Hillary Clinton term right now. I think she would have been a much more effective president than Biden. But here we are. It’s Biden.

We are suffering from the after-effects of Covid and the global chaos brought about by Putin’s invasion. The GOP offers nothing but sabotage, especially by paralyzing the Senate. Lotsa bad news, no doubt, but most of our current problems just don’t have identifiable solutions.
He could presumably organize a fight to pack the Supreme Court and/or impeach the extremist justices. Mobilizing the masses to put pressure on Congress and the Court from the left. I expect inflation to drop as the economy cools down but he could certainly (through his power over regulatory agencies and by taking a fight to Congress) be pushing for relief, for example a minimum wage increase.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Citizens are conditioned to think $4.79 is "low gas prices"
when gas was $1.59 election day 2020

Well, leftist can fool some of the people but they can't fool all the people

Could be a little lower maybe if the oil Joe had Hunter sell to China had been used for Americans

EatTheRich

President
Where in the "Constitution" does it say the women have the "right to an abortion" ?
Answer: Nowhere.

Where does it say killing people is illegal ?
Answer: In the laws of every state in America.
The Constitution specifically says that we don’t give up our rights just because those rights aren’t spelled out explicitly.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Translation: So, I give Biden no credit for the decreasing gas prices. I only blame him when they go up. After all, I’m a shameless hack!
As you do with stock market only posted when down before Joe and only post when it's up now
Yes, you are a "shameless hack"

EatTheRich

President
Could he advance such an empty gesture? Sure. But we all know that passing such a law requires eliminating the filibuster, which can’t be done. Maybe you should vent your anger at Manchin and Sinema, who refuse to end the filibuster. I don’t think Biden would be strengthened by advancing pointless proposals that are doomed to failure.
Can’t be done? As if the political arithmetic is fixed … the reason Manchin and Sinema are in a position to act as they do is the massive campaign contributions they get from big coal, banks, and real estate conglomerates. If those businesses are made to pay the price by unions, which would be revitalized considerably merely by Biden throwing his weight on their side, those members of Congress might become more amenable to reason.

EatTheRich

President
A mixed bag. But far worse than expected. He's the worst (D) in office since Jimmy Carter.
You can say what you want about Biden and Carter, at least they aren’t (judging from Biden’s performance so far) the radical war hawks Clinton and Obama were.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
You can say what you want about Biden and Carter, at least they aren’t (judging from Biden’s performance so far) the radical war hawks Clinton and Obama were.
You could also say that neither Biden or Carter is thought of as a successful President like Clinton and Obama were.