• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Shouldn’t wingers be thanking Biden for our low gas prices?

protectionist

Governor
Again, just carping doesn’t do the trick in my book. To rationally blame something on Biden one must specify why it’s his fault, and assert there is a solution he’s not pursuing. I noted above why the carping as to certain issues is just not rational.
You can twist and turn this all you want, but overwhelmingly, Americans see Biden as the culprit for high oil/gas prices by causing production to be reduced, and he's openly telling us we're going to have that - instead of fixing it.

You really don't want to be in this thread .

Reminder >>
1. ending the Keystone XL pipeline project,
2. shutting down drilling permitting on federal land
3. suspending drilling leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

Bugsy McGurk

President
Of course it is possible to pass a law making abortion legal in the USA. Biden hasn't even tried. It's like everything else with him - "There is very little I can do about it".

That's not leadership. Leadership is moving the country forward not making excuses. Demand Better.
Could he advance such an empty gesture? Sure. But we all know that passing such a law requires eliminating the filibuster, which can’t be done. Maybe you should vent your anger at Manchin and Sinema, who refuse to end the filibuster. I don’t think Biden would be strengthened by advancing pointless proposals that are doomed to failure.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You can twist and turn this all you want, but overwhelmingly, Americans see Biden as the culprit for high oil/gas prices by causing production to be reduced, and he's openly telling us we're going to have that - instead of fixing it.

You really don't want to be in this thread .

Reminder >>
1. ending the Keystone XL pipeline project,
2. shutting down drilling permitting on federal land
3. suspending drilling leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
Convincing people of such lies is the GOP’s M.O. I get it.

Oil is a global commodity. US gas prices are far lower than most countries.

protectionist

Governor
Convincing people of such lies is the GOP’s M.O. I get it.

Oil is a global commodity. US gas prices are far lower than most countries.
No lies. Biden did what I said in Post # 41, he said he was going to do it in the 2020 presidential debates, and he's still doing it now, Everybody knows it, and that's why Biden's numbers are in the dirt, and the red wave is 4 months away.

1657167967792.png

POLITICO Playbook PM: Biden’s warning to Americans: ‘It’s going to cost us as well’- POLITICO

70% Favor Increased U.S. Oil and Gas Production - Rasmussen Reports®

(2) Biden Admits To Support of Skyrocketing Gas Prices | PoliticalJack.com

Attachments

Last edited:

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Could he advance such an empty gesture? Sure. But we all know that passing such a law requires eliminating the filibuster, which can’t be done. Maybe you should vent your anger at Manchin and Sinema, who refuse to end the filibuster. I don’t think Biden would be strengthened by advancing pointless proposals that are doomed to failure.
It's much better to just repeat the same old whine - "There is very little I can do about it" I guess.

I wonder what kind of cheese he likes with that whine.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Bugsy McGurk

President
It's much better to just repeat the same old whine - "There is very little I can do about it" I guess.

I wonder what kind of cheese he likes with that whine.
I’ll pretend Biden always says that. It’s not “better” to do that. But if it’s true there’s nothing wrong with saying it. Truth is good.

PNWest

PNWest

I’ll pretend Biden always says that. It’s not “better” to do that. But if it’s true there’s nothing wrong with saying it. Truth is good.

OK - But as long as that's what he does and doesn't FIX these problems he'll continue to hurt the country and his party.

Do remember Jimmy Carter's "Malaise" speech? How well did that work for him. His message then as Biden's was today was that the problems facing the country were difficult and could not be fixed easily. Check out the aftermath of that one and get back to me.

To put it succinctly - America wants solutions, not excuses.

If Biden can't supply them he should get out of the way and let Harris take a crack at it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
OK - But as long as that's what he does and doesn't FIX these problems he'll continue to hurt the country and his party.

Do remember Jimmy Carter's "Malaise" speech? How well did that work for him. His message then as Biden's was today was that the problems facing the country were difficult and could not be fixed easily. Check out the aftermath of that one and get back to me.

To put it succinctly - America wants solutions, not excuses.

If Biden can't supply them he should get out of the way and let Harris take a crack at it.
As I said early on, the messaging skills of Biden and the Dems are atrocious. No dispute there. It’s unrealistic to think Biden will step aside for Harris. Intriguing, but doubtful. And while she may be more inspirational, solutions either exist or they don’t, no matter who is president.

PNWest

As I said early on, the messaging skills of Biden and the Dems are atrocious. No dispute there. It’s unrealistic to think Biden will step aside for Harris. Intriguing, but doubtful. And while she may be more inspirational, solutions either exist or they don’t, no matter who is president.
As the most optimistic person on PJ I believe that solutions do exist. I don't believe that a dinosaur like Biden is capable of being creative enough to find them. The republicans would solve the problem by plunging the country into a massive recession trying to time it's duration to end at the beginning on the next election cycle then blame the democrats for the carnage. That's called politics. Another thing that Biden doesn't seem to understand very well.

It's funny that if you look at your own comments regarding Biden that they are not much different at all from mine but you do not seem concern3ed about it. Why don't you demand better?

Bugsy McGurk

President
As the most optimistic person on PJ I believe that solutions do exist. I don't believe that a dinosaur like Biden is capable of being creative enough to find them. The republicans would solve the problem by plunging the country into a massive recession trying to time it's duration to end at the beginning on the next election cycle then blame the democrats for the carnage. That's called politics. Another thing that Biden doesn't seem to understand very well.

It's funny that if you look at your own comments regarding Biden that they are not much different at all from mine but you do not seem concern3ed about it. Why don't you demand better?
I’m a realist. Do I wish we had a “better” Dem president right now? You betcha. As I said above, we would be in a second Hillary term but for the illegal Kremlin/Trump election interference in 2016. No one was better prepared to be president than Hillary. Putin really screwed the USA by installing Trump.

But, alas, we have the very uninspirational Biden. That’s not going to change. And we have the limited tools available. That’s not going to change.

One thing I think he should do now is oppose further interest rate hikes at this time. They would damage the economy and I’m not sure they would decrease inflation. They might increase it. The Fed controls the rates, not Biden, but he should still speak out.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Joe has done nothing to bring gas prices down after making them implode in coast on day one. Hell, 5 million barrels of OUR oil was just shipped abroad.

Do you want dressing with your Harris salad?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I’m a realist. Do I wish we had a “better” Dem president right now? You betcha. As I said above, we would be in a second Hillary term but for the illegal Kremlin/Trump election interference in 2016. No one was better prepared to be president than Hillary. Putin really screwed the USA by installing Trump.

But, alas, we have the very uninspirational Biden. That’s not going to change. And we have the limited tools available. That’s not going to change.

One thing I think he should do now is oppose further interest rate hikes at this time. They would damage the economy and I’m not sure they would decrease inflation. They might increase it. The Fed controls the rates, not Biden, but he should still speak out.
Forgiving student loans will increase inflation
Joe is spending most of his time trying to keep Hunter out of prison and himself!

Lucas: Biden will be remembered for wrecking the country (msn.com)

Last edited:

PNWest

No - Hillary Clinton is the reason that Hillary lost. Again - stop making excuses for the piss-poor campaign that she ran. If you want to be honest about 2016 that clip of Trump talking about grabbing women by the genitals did more damage to Trump. Hillary Clinton is a terrible politician. She was qualified certainly but not electable because people hate her. Both she and Trump had negative ratings among voters and Trump's number were even worse. Both were over 50%. BUT.... most people disapproved of both of them but hated Trump less.

You say - things are not going to change. I say they damn well will come November one way or another. As to the FED Powell is about as independent as a neutered house cat - he'll cave to whatever pressure whoever is President applies. And if you know anything about economics raising interest rates WILL bring down inflation. It makes it more expensive to borrow money to buy things which decreases demand which pressures prices to be reduced in order to sell stuff. Down side is obvious, decreased demand means less workers because not as many goods are in demand and unemployment goes up.

Funny thing is you actually used this fact when you talked to the Yabba Dabbas about gas prices being lower under Trump - they were low because of decreased demand.

PNWest

Joe has done nothing to bring gas prices down after making them implode in coast on day one. Hell, 5 million barrels of OUR oil was just shipped abroad.

Do you want dressing with your Harris salad?

DING DING DING - KOOK site sighting ussanews.com

A new one for my list - thanks @Dawg!