• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Since Ayers & Wright failed, the Right has a new Obama bogeyman: Saul Alinsky

Bo-4

Senator
This is a recurring tactic in right wing media.

They cater to low information conservatives, who have to have their "thinking" packaged in a slogan, sound byte, or bogey man.

There isn't a single conservative here who doesn't almost automatically launch into a recitation of one or more of these shibboleths.

There are the bogey men: George Soros, Saul Alinsky, Barney Frank, the Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers

And the slogans: "alinsky tactics", death panels, Obamacare, climate change, etc.

None of these is ever accompanies by any context, research or factual audience.

Not one of the conservatives who throw his name around ever heard of Saul Alinsky until his name showed up on a talking points memo, and Rush, Fox Noise and the assortment of trash blogs that make up right wing media all started chanting the same mantra all at once.

And the dittoheads all bob their heads and chant along.
Hey Tom, we can always count on you for context and political history.. THANKS!!

Rudedog

Council Member
They have to come out with something different. The cuddling terrorist thing never panned out. The Muslim/Birther Lie didn't fly. Even the Ayers & Wright outrage doesn't seem to work anymore, except on Hannity. So, yes, they do need a NEW boogeyman.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Like Wright and Ayers, he will fail to work. Worse yet, he will explode in their faces!

You see his name here in PJ at least 100 times a day. It would appear that the RW corporate overlords have issued the Alinski memo even though he died when Barack was 10 years old so it's unlikely that they ever palled around together. ;-)

====

GOP Presidential candidate, Newt Gingrich has attacked President Barack Obama’s past as a community organizer by claiming that Obama believes in “Saul Alinsky Radicalism.”

Saul Alinsky was an author and community activist who worked in the same impoverished neighborhoods in Chicago that Obama did and authored the book, “Rules For Radicals” and has become a left wing boogey man for the Tea Party and the GOP.

CBS News reports:

“Obama believes in a Saul Alinsky radicalism which the press corps was never willing to look at,” Gingrich told a standing room only crowd at Tommy’s Country Ham House here. “When he said he was a community organizer, it wasn’t Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. It was radicalism taught on the south side of Chicago by Saul Alinsky.”

Alinsky, a Chicago-based community organizer, died in 1972, when Obama was 10 years old. His book, Rules for Radicals, has been a Bible not only for community organizers of the left, but more recently for the tea party. One tea party affiliated group, Freedomworks, has encouraged its activists to borrow from Alinsky’s precepts to organize conservative activists.

----

Yep, Dick Army of Freedom works has it on his recommended reading list. And guess who taught teabaggers their rude behavior at town hall meetings or James O'Keefe his tactics?

Saul did.. of course!

:laugh: :blah: :lol:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34751.html
I didn't buy into the Alinsky stuff to start with. They're rules for radicals, and I'm no fan of radicals anywhere, so it's great when a winger jabs me with one of those Alinsky rules and claims I had it coming, "Now that we've adopted your book."

It's amazing that Alinsky's writings had so much of an impact, but it is mostly on the right as far as I can tell, and that is remarkable. I never, a dyed-in-the-wool progressive, had even heard of Alinsky until some winger started mouthing-off a few years back. Now wingers justify all manner of nefarious deeds in Alinsky's honor. It's as if they've become that which they hate.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Don't forget that Alinsky was a Satanist because his book "Rules For Radicals" was dedicated to Lucifer, even though in reality it was dedicated to someone named "Irene". Yes, Lucifer was mentioned on a page of quotes:

"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history… the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer." - Saul Alinksy

From that, which seems like an attempt at humor, that man is labeled a Satanist.
Speaking of satanists, someone could look at your avatar and throw a few stones. It looks pretty evil.