• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Since SCOTUS overturned the NY ccw gun law

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
California is, according to right wing politics, a hot bed of crime.

What to do about a right wing state?

Sign a contract. :(

And your point?
Crime is on the rise everywhere, enforce the laws, you steal you go to jail, no FreeTime get out of jail.

What's so hard to understand about that simple philosophy?

write on

Senator
And your point?
Crime is on the rise everywhere, enforce the laws, you steal you go to jail, no FreeTime get out of jail.

What's so hard to understand about that simple philosophy?
Yeah, crime is rising.

Don't you find it disheartening knowing that there are corrupt cops and privatized prisons?

But they let stand the laws that say anyone convicted of a crime where they COULD have gotten a year or more in prison is forever banned from having or using a gun.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Jack it's a Darwinian thing, if they're too stupid to have a gun they'll weed themselves out.

I'm a ccw permit holder I never drink and carry, nor do I carry into bars, hospitals, daycare centers, churches, Courthouses or anywhere it's illegal to do so.

I also don't ghetto carry, I use a properly designed and secured holster and if the pistol has a safety I use it, some ccw firearms don't have safety levers and are shall we say risky.
Booze and guns don't mix, you of all people know that better than most having owned a bar.

Will people do it, yeah they will, if they don't die from stupidity they're lucky, if they're caught by LEO then they should lose the gun, lose the permit and be banned from ever having a ccw permit again. A ccw is a "Right" and a privilege and if one fails the test then the privilege is revoked for good.

I wish the same could be said for 502 drivers, make the penalties as harsh as possible.

I've lost co-workers and friends due to drunk drivers more's the pity. It's a sore issue for me.
Just one man's opinion here. ;)
I do not disagree with anything you said above. Bernie. The only thing I have to say is that many of these imbeciles are likely to “weed out“ other people who just happen to be around the area when they pull out their legally permitted glock and blow off a few rounds. As one who has spent a lot of time in NYC, I can remember the times before strict gun laws were enacted. There were places in Manhattan where I wouldn’t want to be at certain times of the night without a pistol. In the past 15-20 years, I have felt safe there anytime.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Yeah, crime is rising.

Don't you find it disheartening knowing that there are corrupt cops and privatized prisons?
And judges, politicians, rich actors. All seem to be able to get away with murder, Teddy Kennedy, Alec, I never touched the trigger Baldwin just to name two.

write on

Senator
But they let stand the laws that say anyone convicted of a crime where they COULD have gotten a year or more in prison is forever banned from having or using a gun.
Let's dig deeper.

What do you think about non violent felons?

They lose their rights to protect themselves, don't they?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I do not disagree with anything you said above. Bernie. The only thing I have to say is that many of these imbeciles are likely to “weed out“ other people who just happen to be around the area when they pull out their legally permitted glock and blow off a few rounds. As one who has spent a lot of time in NYC, I can remember the times before strict gun laws were enacted. There were places in Manhattan where I wouldn’t want to be at certain times of the night without a pistol. In the past 15-20 years, I have felt safe there anytime.
I agree, I don't have the answers, sure as hell wish I did though. No strike that, if I had the answers then I'd be in charge and that I damn sure don't want, I'm happily retired thank you. :)

Jack4freedom

Governor
I agree, I don't have the answers, sure as hell wish I did though. No strike that, if I had the answers then I'd be in charge and that I damn sure don't want, I'm happily retired thank you. :)
At a certain time in my life, I figured out that if I am going somewhere that I think I might need a piece,I don’t go there….My QuickDraw skills started eroding at about 60….lol

Cheers…

Here lies Les Moore, four shots from a 44….No Les, No More…

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Well….I can think of a few….But not lately…How you doing brother?
Well, I can think of a few as well but these days behind closed doors and not at any Honky Tonks

Doing good, tired of 10/12 hour days but it's harvest time and soon will get a break and start getting ready for Corn and then Soybeans, may run down to beach for some R&R with my woman.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
He was driving home with a buzz, like he has probably done 1000 times (I know I have) and some even more buzzed ass hole ran a red light and T Boned his Porsche. Bad luck.
As I have been guilty of myself but according to the report it's much different than what you posted:

Nancy Pelosi's husband charged with DUI causing injury: Napa County DA (msn.com)

Will be interesting to see in court if he's held to same verdict as some lowly peon', not bloody likely, IMO

Jack4freedom

Governor
As I have been guilty of myself but according to the report it's much different than what you posted:

Nancy Pelosi's husband charged with DUI causing injury: Napa County DA (msn.com)

Will be interesting to see in court if he's held to same verdict as some lowly peon', not bloody likely, IMO
.082…..Pretty low, barely over the limit. Back in my day, they wouldn’t even file unless you had .15….. I heard he was crossing the highway with a green light and some idiot ran the light and hit him. .082 is pretty sober. Bad luck.