• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Smashing Fossil Fuels.

D

disobey

I had done so long ago. And gave the idea out for free. But my ideas didn't do much good. Also, I would be surprised if I was the first person to think of it. I will tell you of my idea. Who knows, maybe somebody around here can give me some reasons why it wouldn't work.

Back in the late 50's, early 60's, the U.S. was experimenting with nuclear powered rockets. They operated at 5600 F. And despite being built light enough to fly, they were expected to be able to maintain a constant thrust for 600 hours. Or 25 days. So the engineering to be able to withstand that kind of heat for that long is around 60 years old. It is quite possible that in the past 60 years, some sort of alloy or process has been created that can withstand even greater heat for even longer.

Now 2% of H2O will combust and disassociate into separate hydrogen and oxygen atoms at 3600 F. And when something combusts, of course, it creates heat. On this next point, I'm not sure. But I would imagine that the percentage of H2O that would combust would rise sharply from that point without all that much higher of a rise in temperature. So that at about 4500 F, most, if not all of the H2O molecules that were exposed to such temperatures would disassociate into separate hydrogen and oxygen atoms.

So imagine if you had a furnace that was made of material that was just as good (and possibly better) as the material used in the core of a nuclear powered rocket. Then you preheated that furnace to around 5000 F. And at that temperature you then injected water or steam into it. That water or steam would then combust into hydrogen and oxygen atoms. Creating its own heat as it did so. Also, not being designed to fly, that furnace could be built much more robustly. Making it last much longer than the nuclear core of a nuclear powered rocket.

The heat created could then be used to create steam. Which could them be used to power turbines to create electricity. Just as is done with the steam created in a nuclear powered power plant or a coal fired power plant. Also, the heat created from the combustion and disassociation of H2O molecules into separate hydrogen and oxygen atoms is one thing. But when hydrogen and oxygen atoms recombine into H2O molecules, they create heat as well. A lot of it. After all, that is how the engines on the Space Shuttle operated. They injected hydrogen and oxygen atoms into a combustion chamber. Their combining into H2O molecules not only created a lot of thrust, but a lot of heat as well. The Space Shuttle engines operated at 6000 F. Which is around 1500 F more than what was needed to combust and disassociate the H2O molecules into separate hydrogen and oxygen atoms to begin with. With such a furnace, steps would have to be taken to keep the whole thing from melting.

On top of that, the exhaust given off by such a furnace would be extremely hot. If you passed such hot gases through a magnetohydrodynamic device, that alone could produce even more electricity.

This process that I explained would create its own heat. After the initial heating of the furnace, no other outside source of heat would be necessary. It would create free heat and energy for as long as science could manage to create such a furnace to last.