• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So...here's where we are America

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Yep, I get how awful those folks are. But you implying that Davis is of the same mind as these people is just bigotry on your part.
Isn't she? She's in willful violation of her sworn duties, "So help me God", in violation of the Constitution (primarily the 14th Amendment) and she is putting money before her self-avowed faith.

Her job pays $80,000. Her duties are clearly delineated and she swore an oath to do them. If she can't do them because they conflict with her religion, the obvious solution is to resign. Why hasn't she resigned? I can give you 80,000 reasons.

gigi

Mayor
Isn't she? She's in willful violation of her sworn duties, "So help me God", in violation of the Constitution (primarily the 14th Amendment) and she is putting money before her self-avowed faith.

Her job pays $80,000. Her duties are clearly delineated and she swore an oath to do them. If she can't do them because they conflict with her religion, the obvious solution is to resign. Why hasn't she resigned? I can give you 80,000 reasons.
I already said that I agree that she needs to either do her job or quit her job. We're on the same page there.

But you are implying, with your pictures and suggestion that she go join the WBC that she has such hatred and a wish to see gay people suffer and die in her heart.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I already said that I agree that she needs to either do her job or quit her job. We're on the same page there.

But you are implying, with your pictures and suggestion that she go join the WBC that she has such hatred and a wish to see gay people suffer and die in her heart.
I said she could join them if this bothers her so much. She has lots of options but the one option she doesn't have is to continue drawing her $80,000 paycheck while violating her oath of office.

gigi

Mayor
I said she could join them if this bothers her so much. She has lots of options but the one option she doesn't have is to continue drawing her $80,000 paycheck while violating her oath of office.
Well that's my point. The fact that she has a problem issuing licenses to gay couples is any indication to you that she could join people who think like the WBC does? If you didn't lump her in with those hateful people, you would have said she could just quit her job and left it at that.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Well that's my point. The fact that she has a problem issuing licenses to gay couples is any indication to you that she could join people who think like the WBC does? If you didn't lump her in with those hateful people, you would have said she could just quit her job and left it at that.
Are you saying she wouldn't?

gigi

Mayor
Join the Westboro Baptists or sympathize with them.
Those people rejoice in the suffering and deaths of others. I'm not going to assume that someone is that kind of person until I see or hear proof from them that they are of the same mentality. To my knowledge, Davis never expressed those sentiments or carried signs like those.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Those people rejoice in the suffering and deaths of others. I'm not going to assume that someone is that kind of person until I see or hear proof from them that they are of the same mentality. To my knowledge, Davis never expressed those sentiments or carried signs like those.
She's dishonest. She could be anything.

gigi

Mayor
She's dishonest. She could be anything.
First, there's been no indication that she's been dishonest.

Second, again, you see two extreme sides. Someone being dishonest about something does not automatically make them someone who would like to see gays and soldiers and Jews die.
Everyone is dishonest about something at some point in their lives.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
First, there's been no indication that she's been dishonest.

Second, again, you see two extreme sides. Someone being dishonest about something does not automatically make them someone who would like to see gays and soldiers and Jews die.
Everyone is dishonest about something at some point in their lives.
She violated her oaths (both of them). Her violations were pointed out to her and she still refuses to abide by her sworn duty or resign. That's clear cut dishonesty.

gigi

Mayor
She violated her oaths (both of them). Her violations were pointed out to her and she still refuses to abide by her sworn duty or resign. That's clear cut dishonesty.
IT's not dishonesty and I think you know that. You're just spinning stuff now. She took her oaths at a time when giving marriage licenses to gay couples wasn't one of the duties that she swore to execute. Then the SC ruled. Now it is.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
IT's not dishonesty and I think you know that. You're just spinning stuff now. She took her oaths at a time when giving marriage licenses to gay couples wasn't one of the duties that she swore to execute. Then the SC ruled. Now it is.
Irrelevant. The oaths she freely swore to are clear:
http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/legresou/constitu/228.htm
I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of .... according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=21176
"I, ....., do swear that I will well and truly discharge the duties of the office of .............. County Circuit Court clerk, according to the best of my skill and judgment, making the due entries and records of all orders, judgments, decrees, opinions and proceedings of the court, and carefully filing and preserving in my office all books and papers which come to my possession by virtue of my office; and that I will not knowingly or willingly commit any malfeasance of office, and will faithfully execute the duties of my office without favor, affection or partiality, so help me God."

gigi

Mayor
Irrelevant. The oaths she freely swore to are clear:
http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/legresou/constitu/228.htm
I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of .... according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=21176
"I, ....., do swear that I will well and truly discharge the duties of the office of .............. County Circuit Court clerk, according to the best of my skill and judgment, making the due entries and records of all orders, judgments, decrees, opinions and proceedings of the court, and carefully filing and preserving in my office all books and papers which come to my possession by virtue of my office; and that I will not knowingly or willingly commit any malfeasance of office, and will faithfully execute the duties of my office without favor, affection or partiality, so help me God."

Keep trying, Max.
The woman is not a liar because she took an oath of office at a time when something she couldn't do wasn't even a legal activity.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Keep trying, Max.
The woman is not a liar because she took an oath of office at a time when something she couldn't do wasn't even a legal activity.
Disagree all you like, but Davis is in jail and will likely stay there until she complies (unlikely) or she resigns (more likely even though it means giving up an $80K/year paycheck).

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Neither have been tried, just accused. She is in Jail obama golfs. the system is rigged.
The republicans have spent million investigating all of these accusations and found nothing. So you don't even have a crime to prosecute.

Think back to Nixon....did he break the law? Did he go to jail? How about Reagan? He sold weapons to Iran. Clearly against the law. He even admitted it.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
The republicans have spent million investigating all of these accusations and found nothing. So you don't even have a crime to prosecute.

Think back to Nixon....did he break the law? Did he go to jail? How about Reagan? He sold weapons to Iran. Clearly against the law. He even admitted it.
The fat drunk has not been investigated yet as all the information requested has been stone walled and what few pages were given were redacted. No, she has not come close to being investigated yet, but she will and she will go to jail.

Boca

Governor
Keep trying, Max.
Facts like that don't faze haters.

But anyway it didn't take long did it before the judge dropped the contempt of court thing and ordered Davis released?

Like I suggested to you just this morning...

I'm pretty sure the liberal establishment doesn't want to see a headline next fall before the election, "Christian Woman Still Imprisoned".

Bottomline is she will be offered a deal she can't refuse and it will be kept secret.

Looks like DNC internal polling over the long weekend showed imprisoning a Christian woman - for whatever reason - wasn't working out for them. Particularly when as you say she took her oath of office before the marriage of sodomites became legal and constitutional.