• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So we here have, as have the American people, moved on from the Ukraine war..

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
We lack the attention span of a fifth grader. It's turned into a grind so we all started looking for a mental "off ramp" and the media's steady drumbeat of upbeat stories suggesting Ukraine had the upper hand served that purpose. The last thread I remember being posted was @PhilFish suggesting Ukraine could actually win the war. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up when they start the victory parade in Kyiv. Wait, what? While we were sleep(walk)ing, both the NYT and the WaPo deftly shifted the tone of their war coverage:

Ukrainian newspaper warned The New York Times not to "appease Putin" after an editorial suggested that Ukraine might have to make a "painful compromise" to end the war.

The Times, in an editorial published last Thursday titled The War in Ukraine Is Complicated, and America Isn't Ready, The Times critiqued the Biden administration for its "reluctance to put down clear goal posts" for the war, which began three months ago when Russian President Vladimir Putin's troops invaded Ukraine.

The editorial board wrote that despite Russia's struggles to make any meaningful progress in the conflict, its military "remains too strong" for a decisive victory for Ukraine to be a "realistic goal," encouraging the Biden administration to make clear the limits to how far the U.S. will go to help Ukraine.

Then this from the Washington Post:

But for the first time The Washington Post is out with a surprisingly dire and negative assessment of how US-backed and equipped Ukrainian forces are actually fairing. Gone is the rosy idealizing lens through which each and every encounter with the Russians is typically portrayed. WaPo correspondent and author of the new report Sudarsan Raghavan underscores of the true situation that "Ukrainian leaders project an image of military invulnerability against Russia. But commanders offer a more realistic portrait of the war, where outgunned volunteers describe being abandoned by their military brass and facing certain death at the front."

“We are being sent to certain death,” said a volunteer, reading from a prepared script, adding that a similar video was filmed by members of the 115th Brigade 1st Battalion. “We are not alone like this, we are many.”

Ukraine’s military rebutted the volunteers’ claims in their own video posted online, saying the “deserters” had everything they needed to fight: “They thought they came for a vacation,” one service member said. “That’s why they left their positions.”

And in recent weeks, he said, the situation has gotten much worse. When their supply chains were cut off for two days by the bombardment, the men were forced to make do with a potato a day.

They spend most days and nights in trenches dug into the forest on the edges of Toshkivka or inside the basements of abandoned houses. “They have no water, nothing there,” Lapko said. “Only water that I bring them every other day.”

“Many got shell shock. I don’t know how to count them,” Lapko said.

The casualties here are largely kept secret to protect morale among troops and the general public.

“On Ukrainian TV we see that there are no losses,” Lapko said. “There’s no truth.”

Even Henry effing Kissinger, the prototypical warmonger:

Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said this week that negotiations must get underway soon to end Russia's Ukraine war, in order to avoid "a war against Russia itself."

"In my view, a movement towards negotiations on peace needs to begin in the next two months or so. The outcome of the war should be outlined by them before it creates upheavals and tensions that will be even harder to overcome, particularly between the eventual relationship of Russia towards Europe and of Ukraine towards Europe," Kissinger, 98, said at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland,

"Ideally, the dividing line should return to the status quo ante. I believe pursuing the war beyond that point could turn it into a war not about the freedom of Ukraine, which has been undertaken with great cohesion by NATO, but into a war against Russia itself, and so this seems to me to be the dividing line, that it is just impossible to define... It will be difficult."

For the logically challenged on the left, "return to the status quo ante" is war-speak for "let Russia have the Donbas and Crimea.

So how is the Brandon administration responding to all this? Duh, they are upping the ante:

US preparing to approve advanced long-range rocket system for Ukraine as Russian TV host warns of crossing a 'red line'
By Jim Sciutto, Natasha Bertrand and Alex Marquardt, CNN

Updated 2:50 PM ET, Fri May 27, 2022

Looks like it's time to wake up and start paying attention to the war again, it's starting to look more and more like WWIII:

U.S. Alarmed by China's Support of Putin's War in Ukraine
BY JON JACKSON ON 5/26/22 AT 1:17 PM EDT

So, y'all okay with that?

Raoul_Luke

It's okay. It's that attention span thingy. Everyone will be interested again soon when a loaf of bread costs a fortune. And so on
I guess when it got complicated, lefty lost interest because it could no longer be used to advance the "Brandon is great" narrative. Now it is messy and getting expensive and therefore harder to justify so, well, nothing to see here, move along.

Raoul_Luke

It's okay. It's that attention span thingy. Everyone will be interested again soon when a loaf of bread costs a fortune. And so on
What is your take on this? Is it going as badly for the Ukrainians as it is for the Russians?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I guess when it got complicated, lefty lost interest because it could no longer be used to advance the "Brandon is great" narrative. Now it is messy and getting expensive and therefore harder to justify so, well, nothing to see here, move along.
Well... posturing did have it's limits. I think there's not much longer to go before Russia is spent.

Problem is the ruble is doing well... despite the most severe..yet somehow ruble enriching... sanctions in history

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What is your take on this? Is it going as badly for the Ukrainians as it is for the Russians?
No. That article is crap...the leader referenced was removed weeks ago....a Russian propagandist
I think ultimately Ukraine wins out...but it'll depend on support. As we can see...it may be complicated

Raoul_Luke

No. That article is crap...the leader referenced was removed weeks ago....a Russian propagandist
I think ultimately Ukraine wins out...but it'll depend on support. As we can see...it may be complicated
Unfortunately I think Kissinger is correct - it will require a negotiated settlement that includes a buffer zone under Russian control and assurances that Ukraine will never join NATO. Which probably could have been achieved about a hundred thousand casualties ago.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
We lack the attention span of a fifth grader. It's turned into a grind so we all started looking for a mental "off ramp" and the media's steady drumbeat of upbeat stories suggesting Ukraine had the upper hand served that purpose. The last thread I remember being posted was @PhilFish suggesting Ukraine could actually win the war. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up when they start the victory parade in Kyiv. Wait, what? While we were sleep(walk)ing, both the NYT and the WaPo deftly shifted the tone of their war coverage:

Ukrainian newspaper warned The New York Times not to "appease Putin" after an editorial suggested that Ukraine might have to make a "painful compromise" to end the war.

The Times, in an editorial published last Thursday titled The War in Ukraine Is Complicated, and America Isn't Ready, The Times critiqued the Biden administration for its "reluctance to put down clear goal posts" for the war, which began three months ago when Russian President Vladimir Putin's troops invaded Ukraine.

The editorial board wrote that despite Russia's struggles to make any meaningful progress in the conflict, its military "remains too strong" for a decisive victory for Ukraine to be a "realistic goal," encouraging the Biden administration to make clear the limits to how far the U.S. will go to help Ukraine.

Then this from the Washington Post:

But for the first time The Washington Post is out with a surprisingly dire and negative assessment of how US-backed and equipped Ukrainian forces are actually fairing. Gone is the rosy idealizing lens through which each and every encounter with the Russians is typically portrayed. WaPo correspondent and author of the new report Sudarsan Raghavan underscores of the true situation that "Ukrainian leaders project an image of military invulnerability against Russia. But commanders offer a more realistic portrait of the war, where outgunned volunteers describe being abandoned by their military brass and facing certain death at the front."

“We are being sent to certain death,” said a volunteer, reading from a prepared script, adding that a similar video was filmed by members of the 115th Brigade 1st Battalion. “We are not alone like this, we are many.”

Ukraine’s military rebutted the volunteers’ claims in their own video posted online, saying the “deserters” had everything they needed to fight: “They thought they came for a vacation,” one service member said. “That’s why they left their positions.”

And in recent weeks, he said, the situation has gotten much worse. When their supply chains were cut off for two days by the bombardment, the men were forced to make do with a potato a day.

They spend most days and nights in trenches dug into the forest on the edges of Toshkivka or inside the basements of abandoned houses. “They have no water, nothing there,” Lapko said. “Only water that I bring them every other day.”

“Many got shell shock. I don’t know how to count them,” Lapko said.

The casualties here are largely kept secret to protect morale among troops and the general public.

“On Ukrainian TV we see that there are no losses,” Lapko said. “There’s no truth.”

Even Henry effing Kissinger, the prototypical warmonger:

Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said this week that negotiations must get underway soon to end Russia's Ukraine war, in order to avoid "a war against Russia itself."

"In my view, a movement towards negotiations on peace needs to begin in the next two months or so. The outcome of the war should be outlined by them before it creates upheavals and tensions that will be even harder to overcome, particularly between the eventual relationship of Russia towards Europe and of Ukraine towards Europe," Kissinger, 98, said at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland,

"Ideally, the dividing line should return to the status quo ante. I believe pursuing the war beyond that point could turn it into a war not about the freedom of Ukraine, which has been undertaken with great cohesion by NATO, but into a war against Russia itself, and so this seems to me to be the dividing line, that it is just impossible to define... It will be difficult."

For the logically challenged on the left, "return to the status quo ante" is war-speak for "let Russia have the Donbas and Crimea.

So how is the Brandon administration responding to all this? Duh, they are upping the ante:

US preparing to approve advanced long-range rocket system for Ukraine as Russian TV host warns of crossing a 'red line'
By Jim Sciutto, Natasha Bertrand and Alex Marquardt, CNN

Updated 2:50 PM ET, Fri May 27, 2022

Looks like it's time to wake up and start paying attention to the war again, it's starting to look more and more like WWIII:

U.S. Alarmed by China's Support of Putin's War in Ukraine
BY JON JACKSON ON 5/26/22 AT 1:17 PM EDT

So, y'all okay with that?

Seeing postings of we sent Ukraine $53,000,000,000 and with like 130,000 schools that would have provided each school $400,000 for security

Yep, many have moved on

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I think Kissinger is correct - it will require a negotiated settlement that includes a buffer zone under Russian control and assurances that Ukraine will never join NATO. Which probably could have been achieved about a hundred thousand casualties ago.
Never. Kissinger just wanted a sound bite in his addled age. .

Apparently this Christain Nation deep state really needs to defend the truth for the coincidence that Russia's rootin' tootin' Putin fabricated Nazi misnomers to validate the annihilation of Ukraine as State Department policy just as SCOTUS supreme swastika up Uranus fabricated Islam misnomers to grant standing to thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament arsonists for their national religion where once is an accident and twice is a coincidence, yet there are no coincidences of megalomaniacal crusade - jihad.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently this Christain Nation deep state really needs to defend the truth for the coincidence that Russia's rootin' tootin' Putin fabricated Nazi misnomers to validate the annihilation of Ukraine as State Department policy just as SCOTUS supreme swastika up Uranus fabricated Islam misnomers to grant standing to thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament arsonists for their national religion where once is an accident and twice is a coincidence, yet there are no coincidences of megalomaniacal crusade - jihad.
For one..you may be on to something. We did pace the way ..er uh..land sakes and tarnation's I do see these urinations...

For one..you may be on to something. We did pace the way ..er uh..land sakes and tarnation's I do see these urinations...
Actually this Christian Nation supreme swastika up Uranus kangaroo court proof of God as a rite being "man is God", which certainly seems why Russia's rootin' tootin' Putin fabricated Nazi misnomers for Ukraine are as SCOTUS fabricated Islam misnomers for thieving US Constitutions - old glorys - old testaments from Washington, D.C. born USA citizens; while apparently raising the statistical probability of granting standing to the Russia Orthodox Church sanctification of Putin destruction of Ukraine congruous thereby proof....