• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So what, exactly, is the "Brandon Doctrine?"

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
And there you are, proving the point once again. Even going so far as to blame Biden in advance if your boy Putin uses nuclear weapons. Of course, you can’t bring yourself to using the actual name of our country’s president, while you use Putin’s real name.

All very telling. You just can’t hide your true allegiance.
Just like you can't hide your disingenuousness.

Spamature

President
Are they?

Consider: If Russian President Vladimir Putin tired of attrition and decided to use tactical nuclear weapons, how would Russian behavior—a rapid withdrawal and even leaving key equipment behind—be different? The answer: It would not be.

Vladimir Putin today issued a chilling new threat to use nuclear weapons against the West, telling world leaders to back off Ukraine while warning: 'I'm not bluffing'.

The desperate despot also ordered the mobilisation of 300,000 military reserves - a first in Russia since the Second World War - and gave the go-ahead for referendums to be held in occupied areas of Ukraine that would make them a part of Russia, in the Kremlin's eyes at least.

He vowed to use 'all means' to defend the regions, saying: 'If the territorial integrity of our country is threatened, we will use all available means to protect Russia and our people - this is not a bluff... I shall stress - by all means available to us. Those trying to blackmail us with nuclear weapons should know that the tables can turn on them.'

Putin's gambit comes after Ukraine routed a large part of the Russian army last week, leaving him backed into a corner of his own making and facing the possible collapse of his so-called 'special military operation'.

But rather than back down, the Russian leader has instead chosen to double down and hold the free world to ransom - putting Russia and its huge nuclear arsenal on direct collision course with Ukraine and its allies, who have already vowed not to accept the results of 'sham' referendums or to stop liberating occupied territory.

I gotta be honest, having President Brandon in charge of navigating us through a nuclear confrontation is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to the USA in its entire history.
Then I guess that would create a no man's land.
One that Russians would have to occupy to hold.

How many did they lose trying to hold Chernobyl ?

God of War

Lets go Brandon!
Biden said “yes” when asked during an interview broadcast Sunday on CBS News’s “60 Minutes” program whether “U.S. forces, U.S. men and women, would defend Taiwan in the event of a Chinese invasion.”

China Angered Over Biden’s Pledge of Taiwan Support – NBC New York

Some lefty want to explain how that differs from Russia's invasion of Ukraine? Tell us why US "boots on the ground" are okay in Taiwan, but not in Ukraine.

I won't hold my breath...
TSMC... ever hear of it? With any luck China never will. Even if it comes to dropping code or strategic ballistics missiles.

worldlymrb

Fvck Joe Biden
As an internationalist I cannot support an American war against China on the pretense of defending Taiwan. But obviously Biden is promoting the general national interest of the ruling capitalists, who see Russia as a regional power to be contained and China as a burgeoning global superpower.
Internationalist oppose war with China to defend Taiwan but have no problem fighting a nuke war with Russia to defend Ukrainian Nazi conscripts?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Internationalist oppose war with China to defend Taiwan but have no problem fighting a nuke war with Russia to defend Ukrainian Nazi conscripts?

So what? Do you remember people carrying the nazi flag at Unite The Right or marching to the chant of "Jews will not replace us"?

A guy with a nazi symbol on his helmet doesn't mean anything more sinister than the invading Russians flying the flag of the USSR.

EatTheRich

President

EatTheRich

President
So what? Do you remember people carrying the nazi flag at Unite The Right or marching to the chant of "Jews will not replace us"?

A guy with a nazi symbol on his helmet doesn't mean anything more sinister than the invading Russians flying the flag of the USSR.
The Soviet flag was to many a symbol of liberation (although it was associated with reaction at times). The Nazi symbols are inherently symbols of oppression. No moral equivalency.

That said, there are far-right elements pushing their poison on the Russian side (especially) and on the Ukrainian side.