• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So what, exactly, is the "Brandon Doctrine?"

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Biden said “yes” when asked during an interview broadcast Sunday on CBS News’s “60 Minutes” program whether “U.S. forces, U.S. men and women, would defend Taiwan in the event of a Chinese invasion.”

China Angered Over Biden’s Pledge of Taiwan Support – NBC New York

Some lefty want to explain how that differs from Russia's invasion of Ukraine? Tell us why US "boots on the ground" are okay in Taiwan, but not in Ukraine.

I won't hold my breath...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Biden said “yes” when asked during an interview broadcast Sunday on CBS News’s “60 Minutes” program whether “U.S. forces, U.S. men and women, would defend Taiwan in the event of a Chinese invasion.”

Some lefty want to explain how that differs from Russia's invasion of Ukraine? Tell us why US "boots on the ground" are okay in Taiwan, but not in Ukraine.

Walkit McBacksalot. Electing addled, mentally-deficient octogenarian tongue-chewers means never having to say you’re sorry.

Bugsy McGurk

President

It’s an imaginary doctrine espoused by an imaginary person banging around in your brainwashed skull.

;-)

EatTheRich

President

As an internationalist I cannot support an American war against China on the pretense of defending Taiwan. But obviously Biden is promoting the general national interest of the ruling capitalists, who see Russia as a regional power to be contained and China as a burgeoning global superpower.

Biden is an idiot always has been (not news).

China is by far the bigger threat and problem and I believe a hot war with them inside of the next 10-12 years is inevitable.

Something the Virtue Signaling morons who run our Gov't should have taken note of before shipping 41 billion dollars in aide to the second most corrupt country on earth. It would also be nice if The Whispering Ass-ole would stop selling portions of our strategic reserve to China as well, I mean ya know... since he just stated we would go toe to toe with them if they sail across the strait.......

But hey.... that's me, I miss things that made sense.

Spamature

President

Retreating Russian soldiers are answering your question as we post.

EvMetro

Mayor
Biden is an idiot always has been (not news).

China is by far the bigger threat and problem and I believe a hot war with them inside of the next 10-12 years is inevitable.

Something the Virtue Signaling morons who run our Gov't should have taken note of before shipping 41 billion dollars in aide to the second most corrupt country on earth. It would also be nice if The Whispering Ass-ole would stop selling portions of our strategic reserve to China as well, I mean ya know... since he just stated we would go toe to toe with them if they sail across the strait.......

But hey.... that's me, I miss things that made sense.
Excellent post. As far as I understand, Joe Biden is in bed with China, as well as Charles Klaus and his globalists. China is the globalist darling, and globalists are all through our government and big corporations. This is why China is such a big threat.

Raoul_Luke

Retreating Russian soldiers are answering your question as we post.
Are they?

Consider: If Russian President Vladimir Putin tired of attrition and decided to use tactical nuclear weapons, how would Russian behavior—a rapid withdrawal and even leaving key equipment behind—be different? The answer: It would not be.

Vladimir Putin today issued a chilling new threat to use nuclear weapons against the West, telling world leaders to back off Ukraine while warning: 'I'm not bluffing'.

The desperate despot also ordered the mobilisation of 300,000 military reserves - a first in Russia since the Second World War - and gave the go-ahead for referendums to be held in occupied areas of Ukraine that would make them a part of Russia, in the Kremlin's eyes at least.

He vowed to use 'all means' to defend the regions, saying: 'If the territorial integrity of our country is threatened, we will use all available means to protect Russia and our people - this is not a bluff... I shall stress - by all means available to us. Those trying to blackmail us with nuclear weapons should know that the tables can turn on them.'

Putin's gambit comes after Ukraine routed a large part of the Russian army last week, leaving him backed into a corner of his own making and facing the possible collapse of his so-called 'special military operation'.

But rather than back down, the Russian leader has instead chosen to double down and hold the free world to ransom - putting Russia and its huge nuclear arsenal on direct collision course with Ukraine and its allies, who have already vowed not to accept the results of 'sham' referendums or to stop liberating occupied territory.

I gotta be honest, having President Brandon in charge of navigating us through a nuclear confrontation is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to the USA in its entire history.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Are they?

Consider: If Russian President Vladimir Putin tired of attrition and decided to use tactical nuclear weapons, how would Russian behavior—a rapid withdrawal and even leaving key equipment behind—be different? The answer: It would not be.

Vladimir Putin today issued a chilling new threat to use nuclear weapons against the West, telling world leaders to back off Ukraine while warning: 'I'm not bluffing'.

The desperate despot also ordered the mobilisation of 300,000 military reserves - a first in Russia since the Second World War - and gave the go-ahead for referendums to be held in occupied areas of Ukraine that would make them a part of Russia, in the Kremlin's eyes at least.

He vowed to use 'all means' to defend the regions, saying: 'If the territorial integrity of our country is threatened, we will use all available means to protect Russia and our people - this is not a bluff... I shall stress - by all means available to us. Those trying to blackmail us with nuclear weapons should know that the tables can turn on them.'

Putin's gambit comes after Ukraine routed a large part of the Russian army last week, leaving him backed into a corner of his own making and facing the possible collapse of his so-called 'special military operation'.

But rather than back down, the Russian leader has instead chosen to double down and hold the free world to ransom - putting Russia and its huge nuclear arsenal on direct collision course with Ukraine and its allies, who have already vowed not to accept the results of 'sham' referendums or to stop liberating occupied territory.

I gotta be honest, having President Brandon in charge of navigating us through a nuclear confrontation is probably the worst thing that has ever happened to the USA in its entire history.
Please stop rooting for nuclear war. It’s unseemly.

Bugsy McGurk

President
It’s not a polemic. It’s a fact. You’re rooting for chaos in Ukraine, up to and including tactical nukes. You have always faithfully supported Trump’s butt buddy - Putin. BTW, note how you use Putin’s real name while you refuse to use Biden’s real name. It speaks volumes about your true allegiance.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Nah. Truthful observation regarding this forum’s worst - and most bad-faith - poster…and you’re up against some very profoundly deficient competition. Kudos.
You should commit yourself to trying to actually say something on the topics. Maybe once a week. Baby steps.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

It’s not a polemic. It’s a fact. You’re rooting for chaos in Ukraine, up to and including tactical nukes. You have always faithfully supported Trump’s butt buddy - Putin. BTW, note how you use Putin’s real name while you refuse to use Biden’s real name. It speaks volumes about your true allegiance.
Is there an excellent "meme name" I could use for Putin that would make you happy? Simply (re)stating the statements of the person waging a war is hardly "rooting" - to suggest otherwise is disingenuous. Brandon is sleepwalking us into a nuclear confrontation and all you can do is work overtime to keep that unsaid through bullying attempts at censorship. You really are a horrible person.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Is there an excellent "meme name" I could use for Putin that would make you happy? Simply (re)stating the statements of the person waging a war is hardly "rooting" - to suggest otherwise is disingenuous. Brandon is sleepwalking us into a nuclear confrontation and all you can do is work overtime to keep that unsaid through bullying attempts at censorship. You really are a horrible person.
And there you are, proving the point once again. Even going so far as to blame Biden in advance if your boy Putin uses nuclear weapons. Of course, you can’t bring yourself to using the actual name of our country’s president, while you use Putin’s real name.

All very telling. You just can’t hide your true allegiance.