• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So, what should be done with the "dreamers"?

Caroljo

Senator
If it's no longer valid, why is Trump enforcing it AND accepting renewals for another 2 years? Hmm?

Your ugly bigotry/racism is noted.
Trump said there will be none deported during the 6 months he's giving Congress to fix it. And how in hell was what I said racist? It's racist to wonder why all those 'dreamers' have sat on their asses and not bothered to become legal? Lol! You're such a loser.......

Jen

Senator
You know - those people who were brought here by their illegal immigrant parents, many of whom have lived here for decades and never known any country besides the USA.

Should we:

A. Deport them immediately

B. Deport them only if Congress does not pass a "dreamer law" within 6 months

C. Allow them to stay

What say ye?
Allow them to stay and give them a legal path to documentation. An executive order isn't good enough. Congress needs to get its act together and fix this. DACA, as Obama himself said, was illegal. It may have been fine, but it needs to be made legal. That is what Trump has now given Congress the ability to do............if they will just do it.

My answer is C.
Trump has said they won't be deported and I agree with that.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Allow them to stay and give them a legal path to documentation. An executive order isn't good enough. Congress needs to get its act together and fix this. DACA, as Obama himself said, was illegal. It may have been fine, but it needs to be made legal. That is what Trump has now given Congress the ability to do............if they will just do it.

My answer is C.
Trump has said they won't be deported and I agree with that.
If Congress doesn't pass a new law you would still allow them to stay?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Trump said there will be none deported during the 6 months he's giving Congress to fix it. And how in hell was what I said racist? It's racist to wonder why all those 'dreamers' have sat on their asses and not bothered to become legal? Lol! You're such a loser.......
Again with that jive. There was no way for them to "become legal."

Hmmmm

Mayor
You know - those people who were brought here by their illegal immigrant parents, many of whom have lived here for decades and never known any country besides the USA.

Should we:

A. Deport them immediately

B. Deport them only if Congress does not pass a "dreamer law" within 6 months

C. Allow them to stay

What say ye?
C. But only if they can come to my house and help me get my enormous honey-do list done. I got jobs for all education levels.

Spamature

President
I'll go with this:

We need immigration reform that will secure our borders, and punish employers who exploit immigrant labor; reform that finally brings the 12 million people who are here illegally out of the shadows by requiring them to take steps to become legal citizens We must assert our values and reconcile our principles as a nation of immigrants and a nation of laws.
Exploiting immigrant and foreign labor are our values and have always been our values.

D

Deleted member 21794

Exploiting immigrant and foreign labor are our values and have always been our values.
Holy crap, a rare moment of agreement. And just look what we're agreeing on! Is the *rapture* about to occur???? ;)

Spamature

President
And big business opposes Trump's threat to oust the dreamers. He'll have to decide whether to appease his drooling rabble or big business.
These people were encouraged by our govt to out themselves in regards to a crime they did not commit with the promise of protection from deportation. You can hardly imagine a bigger stab in the back than to for the govt to go back on its word like this.

Bugsy McGurk

President
These people were encouraged by our govt to out themselves in regards to a crime they did not commit with the promise of protection from deportation. You can hardly imagine a bigger stab in the back than to for the govt to go back on its word like this.
Trump seems to get perverse pleasure out of double crossing people, as he did last week with McConnell and Ryan.