• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So, what should be done with the "dreamers"?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Trump said there will be none deported during the 6 months he's giving Congress to fix it. And how in hell was what I said racist? It's racist to wonder why all those 'dreamers' have sat on their asses and not bothered to become legal? Lol! You're such a loser.......
How are they supposed to become legal, by that I guess you mean apply for citizenship, when they can't? They're not eligible, you dumbass, which is why Obama enacted the program and Trump is continuing it.

But that would be in violation of the law. I thought the whole point of Trump ending DACA was ending lawlessness.
I'll be honest with you, when I see Mexican flags waved at pro-immigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.

Jen

Senator
But that would be in violation of the law. I thought the whole point of Trump ending DACA was ending lawlessness.
DACA was a 2 year executive order. That's why it was ended. Trump didn't end it, it ended itself. The two years was supposed to give Congress time to act. I suppose Trump could issue another executive order if Congress doesn't do something in 6 months.

On this one I blame neither Obama nor Trump for what they did. I blame Congress for not doing the job they were elected to do.

Those who were brought here by their parents should have a path to a legitimate green card if nothing else. Maybe the path is there and they have been too lazy to follow it. But I have known illegal kids who were brought here by their parents who didn't discover they were illegal until they were adults, so it's really a pretty big mess. Those kids (now adults) should not be deported since most of them don't even know anyone in their country of origin.

Bugsy McGurk

President
DACA was a 2 year executive order. That's why it was ended. Trump didn't end it, it ended itself. The two years was supposed to give Congress time to act. I suppose Trump could issue another executive order if Congress doesn't do something in 6 months.

On this one I blame neither Obama nor Trump for what they did. I blame Congress for not doing the job they were elected to do.

Those who were brought here by their parents should have a path to a legitimate green card if nothing else. Maybe the path is there and they have been too lazy to follow it. But I have known illegal kids who were brought here by their parents who didn't discover they were illegal until they were adults, so it's really a pretty big mess. Those kids (now adults) should not be deported since most of them don't even know anyone in their country of origin.
Again, Trump is "violating the law" just like Obama when Trump decrees that dreamers can stay here for at least 6 months. The whole point of Trump's decision was supposedly addressing such violations of the law. That's incoherent lunacy.

connieb

Senator
You know - those people who were brought here by their illegal immigrant parents, many of whom have lived here for decades and never known any country besides the USA.

Should we:

A. Deport them immediately

B. Deport them only if Congress does not pass a "dreamer law" within 6 months

C. Allow them to stay

What say ye?
Deport them. Not necessarily immediately because I believe its fair to give them time to get their affairs in order and make arrangements. Then they should deport their parents and fine every company that employs them the absolute max under the law.

Caroljo

Senator
How are they supposed to become legal, by that I guess you mean apply for citizenship, when they can't? They're not eligible, you dumbass, which is why Obama enacted the program and Trump is continuing it.
Why can't they? Yes, Obama enacted the TEMPORARY program, and Trump is trying to get it permanent. He said there would be no deportations during this 6 month wait on Congress. I hope they make it so these dreamers will have to go through the steps to become legal....and stop all further 'dreamers'. I have no problem with all previous 'dreamers' staying (and becoming legal citizens)....but stop anymore from coming here unless they're already legal. If you have a problem with that, tPF WUZ HERE. please refrain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caroljo

Senator
Trump said the Dreamer act is unconstitutional.
So why is he going against the rule of law and continuing the program, even so far as accepting renewal applications? Hmm?
Obama himself said it was unconstitutional! So now Trump is trying to do the right thing and get Congress to take care of it like they should have done long ago. What I've read is that any children brought here by their illegal parents will not be considered a citizen. And when the parents move here from Mexico, they have to be here AT LEAST 6 months before a baby is born. If the child is born earlier than 6 months, they will not be considered an automatic citizen. I see no problem with that. But I'm sure you do because you're an idiot.

justoffal

Senator
You know - those people who were brought here by their illegal immigrant parents, many of whom have lived here for decades and never known any country besides the USA.

Should we:

A. Deport them immediately

B. Deport them only if Congress does not pass a "dreamer law" within 6 months

C. Allow them to stay

What say ye?
Let them become American citizens that way they can actually work for a living instead of being paid benefits based on their genetic heritage.

Any of them who feel they are entitled to government help simply because their parents brought them here illegally are insane and need to leave immediately.

Those who want to stay and become a working Citizen and a contributing member of society I say welcome.

Jo

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
All they need do is go back to where they came from an apply for citizenship.........where's the parents of the so called 800,000 Dreamers ?

If deported did they just abandon their family?