• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So, what should be done with the "dreamers"?

Days

Commentator
International law does not supersede the U.S. Constitution.
It is easier to pull out of a treaty than it is to amend the Constitution.
When we wrote the constitution, treaties were complete in and of themselves, they were compacts for a certain nation, the idea that we would sign a treaty - joining the UN - and then become subject to international law... that's not what a treaty meant to the framers of the constitution.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
When we wrote the constitution, treaties were complete in and of themselves, they were compacts for a certain nation, the idea that we would sign a treaty - joining the UN - and then become subject to international law... that's not what a treaty meant to the framers of the constitution.
Exactly spot on

Days

Commentator
Trump understands international business, he knows that this mess was made on purpose to feed cheap labor to the US business tycoons. That's the sole purpose behind the politics that refuses to allow these people to become citizens.

Let me ask you... over the course of the history of the nation... how many people came to America as small children and became citizens? Those children did nothing different than the Dreamers. Nothing whatsoever, they both did the exact same thing, they did what their parents told them to do.

My mother-in-law from my first marriage was brought to America (from Spain) at the age of six, she did not speak English, I have no idea if she was a legal citizen... I always assumed she was, but never asked. If you know anybody who has lived that life, you would understand how wrong it is to mistreat these people based solely on what happened to them as children. 99% of them are every bit the same as the rest of us... except they are treated differently by the law... it's another form of bondage, from a republic that was supposed to give liberty to the world. They came here seeking that liberty.

My grandmother on my dad's side was brought to America (from Italy) at the age of four, she did not speak English, I have no idea if she was a legal citizen... I always assumed she was, but never asked. She lived through 2 world wars. During world war II, they asked her children, "what nationality are you?" my grandma told my dad to tell 'em he was "American" and every one of her sons served in the armed forces for America. My dad was fluent in Italian... never spoke a word of it to me. It is inconceivable to me that my grandma was anything but a US citizen. She lived 84 years in America, died and was buried here, and never saw Italy again after the age of four.

My wife is 3rd generation American, same as me. But the locals in Chicago perceive me as an American, while they perceive her as a Mexicana. Yesterday I spoke with my 87 year old mom - her parents came here from Poland and Slovakia - and told her about the two professional engineering societies her grandson is active in. The one is SHPE - society of hispanic professional engineers - and my mom's reaction was straight forward racist, she asked me, "why can't they have a society for us, why does it have to be a society for them?" I reminded her that our son is hispanic, that this was a society for us. But it didn't register, because she is living in Florida now and the lines are drawn... there's white people and hispanic people... us and them.

Actually no, there is no us and them, we are all one people. Dreamers came here the exact same way everyone else came here... teaming refuse yearning to be free. Dreamers just came here a generation later than everyone else. These are not migrant farm hands that follow the harvest over international lines... those are in and out of California and have been for generations. Dreamers are not those. Dreamers are the same as your kids, they grew up here, same as your kids, they made friends, went to school, some went to college, some joined our militaries, some just plugged along in the work force... and they speak English the same as you do, you can't tell a Dreamer from a citizen, they both are Americans, through and through. As they live and breathe.

Trump is going to fix the laws, he understands what the real deal is. Dreamers will become American citizens, because Dreamers are Americans.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Obviously give them green cards, which is what Trump wants to do. But it is stupid to do that until the border is secure to stop the never ending flow of more and more and more "dreamers" into America. So secure the border (with a wall) and give the dreamers green cards. Win win. So why are the Democrats opposed to that COMPROMISE?

EatTheRich

President
Obviously give them green cards, which is what Trump wants to do. But it is stupid to do that until the border is secure to stop the never ending flow of more and more and more "dreamers" into America. So secure the border (with a wall) and give the dreamers green cards. Win win. So why are the Democrats opposed to that COMPROMISE?
Because a wall is an ineffective boondoggle that'll only enrich politically connected contractors while causing deaths on the border?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
People born on U.S. soil are citizens, not by statute but according to the Constitution. By "amend the laws" do you mean amend the Constitution to take away human rights?
My gawd why ask same damn question twice...........Amend Anchor Baby Laws