• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

social security

solutions4

Council Member
Are there things for people on Social Security to do???? Outreach programs or events... like once a month or something. Would like some feedback on this idea... Thank you.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
My Dad spends a lot of time fishing and hanging around with the rascals of his youth these days.

Nothing truly productive, but Hell, he worked for 55 years, might as well take a break for a while, right?

Jen

Senator
My parents went to the Visitor Center in their city and sat there and handed out brochures and answered questions for anyone who cared. And they delivered meals on wheels until they needed those meals delivered to them.

But, solutions4, apparently you don't realize that many people on SS are retired and many have physical disabilities due to their many years of hard work and can't just go do outreach. They put into that system........probably far more than they will ever receive back......so why can't you just allow them to live their retirement years the way they want to?

Are there things for people on Social Security to do???? Outreach programs or events... like once a month or something. Would like some feedback on this idea... Thank you.

solutions4

Council Member
You misinterpreted what I was posting. Fantastic that your parents got out there and did that with their disabilities. I guess what I was just talking about was younger people who have not reached retirement age that are on SSI. I love hearing about how people are enjoying their lives. My father is bowling once a week again as he stopped for a long while. If anyone wants to talk. Thank you!

Council Member
My parents went to the Visitor Center in their city and sat there and handed out brochures and answered questions for anyone who cared. And they delivered meals on wheels until they needed those meals delivered to them.

But, solutions4, apparently you don't realize that many people on SS are retired and many have physical disabilities due to their many years of hard work and can't just go do outreach. They put into that system........probably far more than they will ever receive back......so why can't you just allow them to live their retirement years the way they want to?

wow Jen lighten up a bit!

fairsheet

Senator
On a tangent: There are some people - coming from a variety of agendas - who love to "conspiratorialy" whisper the "dirty little secret" that in the America of today, our elders are our wealthiest demographic.

Whenever I hear these people, I can only think, "So? What the HELL'S the problem with that?"

Jen

Senator
That's funny that you of all people think I need to "lighten up a bit". I always come here with my sense of humor intact, but I have trouble ever seeing yours. What's wrong with you, old fella? Really? I must've touched a sore spot and, believe me, it was not intentional.

[/B]

wow Jen lighten up a bit!

Citizen

Council Member

Funny, considering they are part of the entitlement group. So do you still want to end thier entitlements?

Jen

Senator
I didn't intend to seem strident regarding your post........ I just wanted to point out that (hopefully) people on SS would be doing whatever they could to give back. You didn't specify that you were talking about young people or I would have addressed that. Sorry if I seemed to step on your toes. It wasn't intentional. 8's seems to have thought the same thing.......... except that he likes to jab at me as often as possible. One has to keep a sense of humor here. It's difficult to see if someone is smiling or frowning as they type. I wasn't frowning.Sorry it seemed so.

You misinterpreted what I was posting. Fantastic that your parents got out there and did that with their disabilities. I guess what I was just talking about was younger people who have not reached retirement age that are on SSI. I love hearing about how people are enjoying their lives. My father is bowling once a week again as he stopped for a long while. If anyone wants to talk. Thank you!

Lapcat

Governor
It's not that lefties can't read, Jen. It's just that they can never quite comprehend what they have read. And it seems to be a common shared condition among them.

I did not complain about anyone. Can you read at all, Citizen? Are you dyslexic or illiterate? Just wondering.

degsme

Council Member
I did not complain about anyone. Can you read at all, Citizen? Are you dyslexic or illiterate? Just wondering.
I dunno. he doesn't seem to make up things about Clinton and the CRA causing the current economic meltdown... or create external fear threats...

Jen

Senator
Yes........comprehension does seem to be a very real problem. Oh well..........

It's not that lefties can't read, Jen. It's just that they can never quite comprehend what they have read. And it seems to be a common shared condition among them.

degsme

Council Member
Yes........comprehension does seem to be a very real problem. Oh well..........
But of course posting in the passive 3rd person that "lefties" who of course cannot be the people being responed to but instead are some random crowd out in space, have a "very real comprehension problem" is a perfect example of how one should try to do ones best and not engage in name calling and generalizations.

After all since that's not name calling anyone in particular its perfectly OK to make warm welcoming posts to newbies pretending that such discontinuities don't actually exist. And doing so is of course no lack of integrity...

Council Member
That's funny that you of all people think I need to "lighten up a bit". I always come here with my sense of humor intact, but I have trouble ever seeing yours. What's wrong with you, old fella? Really? I must've touched a sore spot and, believe me, it was not intentional.
Jen you take more shots than a police squad at the firing range at people, and seldom is it just in fun. Unless you think mean is funny.

Sarcastic can be funny, and usually is to an extent.

Council Member
are you asking Citizen if he is stupid? Better watch you step there girl, I got a note for asking if someone was stupid for a comment they made.

Lapcat

Governor
You mean.....posting in the passive 3rd person......kinda like THIS???

one can only hope that the conservatives on this BBS are examples of conservatives out in the real world. Mean sprited, lacking in integrity and basically disconnnected from verifiable facts.
https://www.politicaljack.com/forums/showthread.php?11322-Parting-Shot&p=154502#post154502

But of course posting in the passive 3rd person that "lefties" who of course cannot be the people being responed to but instead are some random crowd out in space, have a "very real comprehension problem" is a perfect example of how one should try to do ones best and not engage in name calling and generalizations.

After all since that's not name calling anyone in particular its perfectly OK to make warm welcoming posts to newbies pretending that such discontinuities don't actually exist. And doing so is of course no lack of integrity...