• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Solar flares; they just won't go away.

Days

Commentator
How much radiation? Well, we can't tell you that, yet. see, you might start getting some ideas like maybe we never went to the moon. So, here's the deal; let's just say "X-class" and leave it that, okay? But don't go equating the new rating with any old ratings... like saying C-Class is a minor flare or M-Class is a medium flare or X-Class is a major flare; we don't want you to realize that Apollo 17 flew naked through five of these...

Colossal X-class Solar Flare Erupts on Sun, Active Flare Region Turns Towards Earth

[video=youtube;N3idSmR0ZYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N3idSmR0ZYk[/video]

... and returned to earth with a total radiation dose of 1 REM.

It's already out; these flares are lethal, just one major flare could kill you out beyond the Van Allen belts. You don't fly to the moon at solar maximum with no radiation shielding; if you try that, you will arrive DOA. You don't leave low earth orbit, period, until you develop radiation shielding; know of any? You might think you do; but it doesn't exist. That's why we left off the manned space program and went with planetary probes and robotic surface probes... because that's something we can do... that and still go into low earth orbit.

gabriel

Governor
How much radiation? Well, we can't tell you that, yet. see, you might start getting some ideas like maybe we never went to the moon. So, here's the deal; let's just say "X-class" and leave it that, okay? But don't go equating the new rating with any old ratings... like saying C-Class is a minor flare or M-Class is a medium flare or X-Class is a major flare; we don't want you to realize that Apollo 17 flew naked through five of these...

Colossal X-class Solar Flare Erupts on Sun, Active Flare Region Turns Towards Earth

[video=youtube;N3idSmR0ZYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N3idSmR0ZYk[/video]

... and returned to earth with a total radiation dose of 1 REM.

It's already out; these flares are lethal, just one major flare could kill you out beyond the Van Allen belts. You don't fly to the moon at solar maximum with no radiation shielding; if you try that, you will arrive DOA. You don't leave low earth orbit, period, until you develop radiation shielding; know of any? You might think you do; but it doesn't exist. That's why we left off the manned space program and went with planetary probes and robotic surface probes... because that's something we can do... that and still go into low earth orbit.
no they didnt.

Thy have been looking back at the records kept since the 17th centuary. The effect of no solar flares, in Britain and parts of Europe it gave us, for the fifty years of no flares, freezing winters and rain and cold through the rest of the year.

Days

Commentator
Flares and sun spots are the sun's "weather". These fools really think the Chinese are going to the moon... yep, sure they are, they will fly right through the sun's radiation poisoning with a thin lining of gold for protection; no sweat, it isn't as if the radiation poisoning will pass right through a thin lining of gold... nope, it will act totally different in space... why? Why do these fools suspend the laws of physics for outer space? It is pure physics out there, we've gone there with probes, we've proven that... but these fools cling to their Apollo fairy tales of flying aluminum cans that landed on the moon with no radiation shielding... despite solar maximum in a busy cycle, despite major and minor flares galore, despite the known glut of radiation poisoning produced by those flares and sunspots, and despite NASA's records that every Apollo mission returned with zero radiation exposure. They talk utterly false logic that aluminum or any other ultra light material used on those missions managed to stop radiation poisoning when it plainly does not stop any radiation poisoning whatsoever. They refute my laws of physics with absolute Lies, they then label me the nut for believing the truth; Apollo had no radiation shielding, Apollo flew at solar maximum in a busy cycle, Apollo missions incurred lots of flares, big and small, and all those missions returned with no radiation exposure at all, despite the fact that most of them were flown through lethal volumes of radiation. Apollo 17 flew through five major flares that would have measured hundreds of REM for each flare... and returned with exactly one REM. It isn't just a hoax, it is completely ludicrous. Where did they fly those missions? Low earth orbit. No other possible place, period. But these fools do not believe in god, they believe in Apollo... this is their God, the laws of physics be damned... and they call me a nut for believing the laws of physics.

They laugh at the Congressman who believes the earth is 9000 years old. But they do the exact same thing for Apollo. At least the Bible thumper has an Almighty God to fall back on for his beliefs... at least he has an excuse for breaking all the laws of physics. These fools just have their heroes, mere mortals, they figure God Almighty is a big Liar, but the astronauts who went to the moon would never Lie to us... and they worked for the government! At a time when all the government did was Lie to us. Their presidents were LBJ and Nixon, both complicit in JFK's assassination... astronauts who came out of military service, heck they were still in the military, and they were sworn to secrecy... but these fools are willing to break the laws of physics, call for all kinds of miracles, multiple miracles upon miracles, to save their hero worship, while they utterly despise the Congressmen who foolishly do the the same to worship Jesus.

I don't need any of it, I'm comfortable with the truth. That makes all of them uncomfortable with me.

gabriel

Governor
Flares and sun spots are the sun's "weather". These fools really think the Chinese are going to the moon... yep, sure they are, they will fly right through the sun's radiation poisoning with a thin lining of gold for protection; no sweat, it isn't as if the radiation poisoning will pass right through a thin lining of gold... nope, it will act totally different in space... why? Why do these fools suspend the laws of physics for outer space? It is pure physics out there, we've gone there with probes, we've proven that... but these fools cling to their Apollo fairy tales of flying aluminum cans that landed on the moon with no radiation shielding... despite solar maximum in a busy cycle, despite major and minor flares galore, despite the known glut of radiation poisoning produced by those flares and sunspots, and despite NASA's records that every Apollo mission returned with zero radiation exposure. They talk utterly false logic that aluminum or any other ultra light material used on those missions managed to stop radiation poisoning when it plainly does not stop any radiation poisoning whatsoever. They refute my laws of physics with absolute Lies, they then label me the nut for believing the truth; Apollo had no radiation shielding, Apollo flew at solar maximum in a busy cycle, Apollo missions incurred lots of flares, big and small, and all those missions returned with no radiation exposure at all, despite the fact that most of them were flown through lethal volumes of radiation. Apollo 17 flew through five major flares that would have measured hundreds of REM for each flare... and returned with exactly one REM. It isn't just a hoax, it is completely ludicrous. Where did they fly those missions? Low earth orbit. No other possible place, period. But these fools do not believe in god, they believe in Apollo... this is their God, the laws of physics be damned... and they call me a nut for believing the laws of physics.

They laugh at the Congressman who believes the earth is 9000 years old. But they do the exact same thing for Apollo. At least the Bible thumper has an Almighty God to fall back on for his beliefs... at least he has an excuse for breaking all the laws of physics. These fools just have their heroes, mere mortals, they figure God Almighty is a big Liar, but the astronauts who went to the moon would never Lie to us... and they worked for the government! At a time when all the government did was Lie to us. Their presidents were LBJ and Nixon, both complicit in JFK's assassination... astronauts who came out of military service, heck they were still in the military, and they were sworn to secrecy... but these fools are willing to break the laws of physics, call for all kinds of miracles, multiple miracles upon miracles, to save their hero worship, while they utterly despise the Congressmen who foolishly do the the same to worship Jesus.

I don't need any of it, I'm comfortable with the truth. That makes all of them uncomfortable with me.
the truth is they didnt fly thru maximum flare activity. you saying so doesnt make it factual.

Days

Commentator
Gabriel, I would never Lie to you

If they had flown during solar minimum and hit all dead days from the sun, they still would have returned with a couple hundred REM. Returning with a single REM... that's only low earth orbit. No other possibility.

Days

Commentator
yes, it is true. minimum 70 REM each pass through the Van Allen belts. Even a dead day beyond the belts has 2-3 REM. The moon adds to that; roughly 10 REM per day. And everything gets doubled by the water containers. (the Radiation is going into the water also and then the men drink the water)

Why would you expect this to be hard?

GordonGecko

President
For some reason, the idea of man landing on the Moon (or even orbiting it)....scares Days.

And therefore she calls 24 men, heroes all....."liars" From Tom Stafford to Neil Armstrong to ultimately Harrison Schmidt.

gabriel

Governor
yes, it is true. minimum 70 REM each pass through the Van Allen belts. Even a dead day beyond the belts has 2-3 REM. The moon adds to that; roughly 10 REM per day. And everything gets doubled by the water containers. (the Radiation is going into the water also and then the men drink the water)

did you just tell me that water absorbs the radiation and holds it and the men get a dosage of radiation by drinking irradiated water?????????????/

gabriel

Governor

the rem is not a measure of radiation strength

GordonGecko

President
OH, THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!! hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahhaha
No...it won't. It'll be silly or a dodge or deflection.

This is not "science"....it's religion. There is a clear linkage between Days' religious beliefs and her desire to deny the Apollo Program.

As such, she will NEVER be convinced otherwise.

gabriel

Governor
No...it won't. It'll be silly or a dodge or deflection.

This is not "science"....it's religion. There is a clear linkage between Days' religious beliefs and her desire to deny the Apollo Program.

As such, she will NEVER be convinced otherwise.
convincing her would be the last thing i want. the pseudo-scientific crap she comes out with is hilariously good entertainment

GordonGecko

President
convincing her would be the last thing i want. the pseudo-scientific crap she comes out with is hilariously good entertainment
She admitted (in another "Moon Hoax" thread) that if the Chinese land on the Moon in the next 20 years or even if "space tourism" is developed (i.e. Virgin Galactic or the Russians offering cis-lunar orbital flights for civilians)....that while she will be forced to admit those flights were "real"....she'd still claim that the flights in the 70s were fake because "we didn't have the anti-radiation shielding technology back then that we do NOW".

In other words, the same reaction a Creationist has when somebody proves that the supposed "human footprints contemporaneous with dinosaur fossils" were not humans, but a bipedal dinosaur. Accept the new data....which disputes the creationist claim....but still stick to the basic belief that is based on faith not science.

gabriel

Governor
She admitted (in another "Moon Hoax" thread) that if the Chinese land on the Moon in the next 20 years or even if "space tourism" is developed (i.e. Virgin Galactic or the Russians offering cis-lunar orbital flights for civilians)....that while she will be forced to admit those flights were "real"....she'd still claim that the flights in the 70s were fake because "we didn't have the anti-radiation shielding technology back then that we do NOW".

In other words, the same reaction a Creationist has when somebody proves that the supposed "human footprints contemporaneous with dinosaur fossils" were not humans, but a bipedal dinosaur. Accept the new data....which disputes the creationist claim....but still stick to the basic belief that is based on faith not science.
its like how she changed from "there is no way to have heat transfer in space" to " oh well, the capsule didnt have radiators", once i pointed out how little she knew about black body radiation. and in fact the service module DID have radiators!! hahahahaahahahahahaha

Days

Commentator
never heard of radioactive water, eh?

Did you read anything about the nuclear accident at Fukishima? Every time they dumped water into the ocean they told the radiation it carried.

I'm not a she... BTW.

The solar wind has been out there forever. If Apollo was unshielded and returned with dosage readings of one REM, they didn't fly in the solar wind... period. If the Chinese develop shielding, which I doubt to beat hell, but if they come up with it, then how does that change Apollo flights not being shielded? It doesn't.

I'm into science, which is clearly not on your side in this question. Luckily, you two buffoons haven't a clue what science is, so please, continue with your religious analysis.

On a side note, here's a nice new video that just came out on how stars are born and how they die....

[video=youtube;fj5R81V2buM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj5R81V2buM[/video]

Days

Commentator
Rad Equivalent Man is a measure of dosage equal to one rad over the entire surface of a human.

You have yet to grasp the very basic science of what happens during solar maximum. You seem to think that you can travel in a vacuum completely empty of the solar wind at that time... even though I have linked you to NASA papers that detail the many solar flares that happened during the Apollo missions (five major and four minor flares during Apollo 17 alone) ... you remain steadfast in your ignorance and pretend world.

But, like the top post says; this is the nature of our sun, it is the sun's weather, so to speak, it isn't going to ever stop...

Chance of Thanksgiving Day Solar Flare, Aurorae?

Analysis by Ian O'Neill

The sun is currently a hive of magnetic activity and it has been putting on quite a show. As reported by Spaceweather.com, only a few days ago, active region (AR) 1618 was nothing more than a dot on the solar landscape -- it has since grown into a monster, spanning 10-times wider than the Earth's diameter. What's more, it has rotated across the sun's equator to point right at us.

SLIDE SHOW: Visualizing the Onslaught of a Solar Storm

This intense period of solar activity isn't unexpected; it's all part of the natural solar cycle that ebbs and flows over an approximate 11-year cycle. The peak of this cycle, called "solar maximum," is expected in 2013, but in the run-up to the crescendo, the sun has been increasingly active.

Solar max represents a period when the sun's magnetic field is at its most stressed, so magnetic features like coronal loops and prominences are often observed in the sun's atmosphere (the corona). Explosive events like CMEs and flares also become commonplace. The solar wind -- a stream of charged particles that constantly flow into interplanetary space -- also becomes amplified.

All of these factors can impact our planet's magnetic field, increasing the chances of radiation and geomagnetic storms -- magical light shows in the form of aurorae are often a result of this geomagnetic battle. Solar storms can also impact our increasingly high-tech society, a fact not lost on the world's space weather prediction efforts.

gabriel

Governor
Rad Equivalent Man is a measure of dosage equal to one rad over the entire surface of a human.

You have yet to grasp the very basic science of what happens during solar maximum. You seem to think that you can travel in a vacuum completely empty of the solar wind at that time... even though I have linked you to NASA papers that detail the many solar flares that happened during the Apollo missions (five major and four minor flares during Apollo 17 alone) ... you remain steadfast in your ignorance and pretend world.

But, like the top post says; this is the nature of our sun, it is the sun's weather, so to speak, it isn't going to ever stop...

Chance of Thanksgiving Day Solar Flare, Aurorae?

Analysis by Ian O'Neill

The sun is currently a hive of magnetic activity and it has been putting on quite a show. As reported by Spaceweather.com, only a few days ago, active region (AR) 1618 was nothing more than a dot on the solar landscape -- it has since grown into a monster, spanning 10-times wider than the Earth's diameter. What's more, it has rotated across the sun's equator to point right at us.

SLIDE SHOW: Visualizing the Onslaught of a Solar Storm

This intense period of solar activity isn't unexpected; it's all part of the natural solar cycle that ebbs and flows over an approximate 11-year cycle. The peak of this cycle, called "solar maximum," is expected in 2013, but in the run-up to the crescendo, the sun has been increasingly active.

Solar max represents a period when the sun's magnetic field is at its most stressed, so magnetic features like coronal loops and prominences are often observed in the sun's atmosphere (the corona). Explosive events like CMEs and flares also become commonplace. The solar wind -- a stream of charged particles that constantly flow into interplanetary space -- also becomes amplified.

All of these factors can impact our planet's magnetic field, increasing the chances of radiation and geomagnetic storms -- magical light shows in the form of aurorae are often a result of this geomagnetic battle. Solar storms can also impact our increasingly high-tech society, a fact not lost on the world's space weather prediction efforts.
youre not telling the truth. nasa didn't report any major flares